Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maukro_1990

SATCOM Antenna....What is it good for?

Hello everyone, 

i just love the PMDG NGX and i saw that i´m able to choose the SATCOM Antenna on the roof of the airplane. Could you tell me what is it good for? Please explain me this thing. 

Greetings from Germany,

Maurice Kroll 

Sattelite communication, TV, wifi... no direct effect on the virtual NGX, just visual.

--Peter Fabian 
RTFM.jpg

SATCOM is not only for TV and wifi. It is a another way to communicate with Flight Ops, specifically with dispatch. It is just same as you use cellphone. If ARINC comm is not available, SATCOM comes to play, especially in remote areas and over polar regions. As Fabo said, no direct effect on the virtual NGX. 

Edward

i9-9900K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master | EVGA FTW3 ULTRA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB | CORSAIR H115i PRO Liquid CPU Cooler | G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000) | CORSAIR RM850x PSU | W10 Pro | 50" Samsung QLED 4K TV | Prepar3D v5 | MSFS2020

SATCOM Antenna....What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing, say it again, y'all! :lol:

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. Find my spec and settings in "About me" on my profile.

support1.jpg

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

31%
    $7,750.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now