Sign in to follow this  
jdguidry89

Power issues.

So I left the NGX with low fuel on the ground and went on a trip for a couple of days. When I came home, I of course had run out of fuel and have a dead battery. Any one know how I can get ground power on to recharge the battery? Everything inside is completely useless. I cannot start the APU without battery power. A big part of me just wants to figure this out and not reload the airplane!!

Thanks for all the help you can give!!

Ground power blue light buss should light up...and with that throw the switch.

Jeff

I can't get to the GPU option through the FMC. 

Shut down the sim, reset the computer, start over? lol. Or just sit there for days with your PC running and ask occasional questions in this forum...
hmm.

Why can't you get to the GPU option through the FMC? I thought that the FMC's "not really there on the real plane sim options" side of things worked even with the battery off if you press the right buttons. Been a while since I had the battery off with the FMC on the sim options menu, but I know it's possible.

Thought about that but couldn't remember the right buttons to press. I ended up using the slew mode to get up to altitude and then air flow to turn the generators in the engines until I had enough power to start the hydraulics. Landed on a high way where a passing motorist happened to have a GPU and Air Start Cart. After that, I called AAA on the sat phone and got some fuel, started up and left the traffic jam behind.

Did you leave Flightsim running or something? How did it run out of fuel if the pc was off? Anyway you can access the the Ground Connections page on the right MCDU by holding down the MENU button for a few seconds, even with the battery off.  From there you can select the ground power.

I pulled off the runway and then set the brake and left. Didn't think I would be gone for an hour much less a couple of days. She's running now though!!

Lol  so you just left  the  pc  on  and left  the house not knowing  you be back for  a couple of  days, hoped  that you remembered to lock the door on the way out :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Next time: Press and hold the menu button (on the fmc) and this will allow you to access the configuration settings of the fmc. You don´t need batteries or ground power for that. 

Arne Bergner

LABOX4.jpg

Lol  so you just left  the  pc  on  and left  the house not knowing  you be back for  a couple of  days, hoped  that you remembered to lock the door on the way out :)

Yeah, that used to happen to me too.... back in college... those were the times :)

Press and hold the MENU button on the FMC for 5-10 seconds. The FMC should come alive and you can select the GPU.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485