Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird219

Do I want Airbus X Extended?

Heck that's news to me... I would never have seen it or used it, so it doesn't matter in my case. Not knowing doesn't hurt you... usually  :P

Heck that's news to me... I would never have seen it or used it, so it doesn't matter in my case. Not knowing doesn't hurt you... usually :P

So I told my ex wife ;)

To be honest I do miss it when coming out of the NG. Flying an approach with no altitude constraints I like to see where I'll be along the flight plan at the selected altitude. You can easily see if you're a bit high or a bit low on the profile and adjust VS accordingly. Yes of course you can just fly the whole descent in managed mode but sooner or later you'll come across a portion of the approach (or get vectored) that puts you off the nicely plotted path the DES mode has given you. Then it's all out of the window and you need to go back to basic speed, VS and altitude. That's when you need a hockey stick. And to play, er, hockey.

A little off topic but just wanted to see if anyone has experienced random shaking with the AXE?

My frames are locked at 30 but the cockpit shakes severely.  Strange.

My ezdok settings are unchanged. 

Jas

A little off topic but just wanted to see if anyone has experienced random shaking with the AXE?

Jas

Actually, yesterday I did experience a shaking, it was very light, and only as I was rolling left or right, not flying straight & level. Haven't seen it since, or anytime before then actually.

Yeah, almost like a flickering?  Fast shaking?  I can't put my finger on it.

Its random.

Never had a wing strike, but let's just say that in my initial year on the A330 that myself and taxiway edge lighting didn't exactly see eye to eye...  :rolleyes:  :P  B)  There's quite the distance between the nose wheel and main gear in the A330...  :wacko:

Yeh, it's alright on the thrust front but the directional control is a bit of a pain.

My pleasure.

Regards,

Ró.

Did the airport complain to your company about the edge lighting?   I imagine it takes a bit to get used to taxi in a widebody like the 330. 

As far as the NGX directional control.    I wonder if the next PMDG plane will go outside the sim for ground model simulation, I know you probably can't talk about it but I think I remember one of the FSL devs saying the A320 will have correct ground modeling. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

So I told my ex wife ;)

To be honest I do miss it when coming out of the NG. Flying an approach with no altitude constraints I like to see where I'll be along the flight plan at the selected altitude. You can easily see if you're a bit high or a bit low on the profile and adjust VS accordingly. Yes of course you can just fly the whole descent in managed mode but sooner or later you'll come across a portion of the approach (or get vectored) that puts you off the nicely plotted path the DES mode has given you. Then it's all out of the window and you need to go back to basic speed, VS and altitude. That's when you need a hockey stick. And to play, er, hockey.

Plus the dreaded ATC 'I need you level at ... in ... nm', where it comes in handy, too.

Let's see what Aerosoft puts into the A318/319 ... to be backported later into the A320/A321 version 1.20 ...

Jas

I have this happening with prolonged scenery loading stutters. The stutters make my frame rates ... non-existent, the FBW goes mad - and it all corrects after a few seconds.

Lowering the sim rate to 1/2 or 1/4 during those stutters may help in those cases.

(...)

V Speeds - yep that'd be nice to have. I use TOPCAT with the data for the Airsimmer Airbus to give me Flex/V Speeds and they vary wildly from the speeds given to me by the FMGC, as well as some crazy configs - flaps 3 for takeoff? Is that right? 

(...)

CONF 3 is possible/certified - but it hardly helps over CONF 2: You have more drag on the T/O run which doesn't really do you much of a favour.

The advantage of CONF 2 over CONF 1+F is noticable.

Airbusman330:

AFAIK, I remember the real thing is not capable in displaying in pounds either, but let me check.

US carriers use pounds. I can send you a picture of it being referenced in a Delta manual and I can get a picture straight off of a Frontier A318/319/320 if you need "proof". PM if you want.

Wind predictions - meh - for the length of even real life A320 flights it probably makes little difference. 

V Speeds - yep that'd be nice to have. I use TOPCAT with the data for the Airsimmer Airbus to give me Flex/V Speeds  

So Airsimmer's Flex temp can be used for AXE, can it not?

Good to know.

Thanks,

Dirk.

So Airsimmer's Flex temp can be used for AXE, can it not?

Good to know.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Should be, if the engine types match.

There's a freeware TPC (takeoff performance calculator) available for download from the official AAX forum, too, which gives reasonable Vspeeds, temps etc.

Third ILS - yep I could see how that would be handy.

It's not just handy, it's correction of the historic wrong in msfs and many others of  that ilk.

Cheers,

Just out of interest, when would you tend to require the 3rd Nav (dedicated ILS receiver) over and above the NAV1 / NAV2?

I never tend to need to tune in more than 1 other NAV signal on approach (ie.. the field VOR if there is one), and don't think I've ever felt the need to have 2 other VORs tuned in addition to ILS.

That's not a challenge to what you're saying;  just a genuine question?

ILS should be an independent receiver, most high FS addons have this as standard. Within FS you tune the independent ILS, the remaing two VOR receivers update the FMGS along with the GPS.. On the A3xx you want to see GPS primary displayed and have both VOR's independently updating the FMGS.

Rob Prest

I'm not that hardcore myself, but I remember fellow simmers requesting this feature for entering two VOR navaids for the missed-approach procedure and/or dialling in a DME in case the ILS doesn't have one itself:

NAV1: ILS

NAV2: DME for the approach or VOR/DME1 for the MAP

NAV3: VOR/DME(2) for the MAP

Ah ok, that sounds sensible; cheers Rob / Olli   :smile: