Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Ground Services X or EZDOK, which to get?

When a commercial member comes into a competing thread and starts promoting their product it's against the rules, it's as simple as that badfinger.

Cheers, Andy.

Andy, Stephen referred to f a n b o i z hijacking the thread, now you're pointing finger at a reputed commercial member who just mentioned some of the fixes to the problems brought up here by the op. All in all sounds like a repression against a commercial software and its fanbase, lol.   :P

Anyhow, Bumpy, EZDOK is a good choice, meanwhile enjoy EZDOK, but I would definitely add AccuFeel v2.0 and a good wx program in this concoction to have natural head motion and real-weather induced visaul and accustic air disturbances. OpusFSX will be the next step.

Cheers,

Dirk.

Advertising by commercial members is not allowed in a competing thread, what was said by the commercial member is advertising of improvements, there is simply no disputing that. This isn't something new either, this rule has been about for years and many commercial members have fallen foul of it over the years as I'm sure they will attest.

I think what Stephen was referring to by fanboi'ism is the fact that users tend to swarm on a thread defending a product or berating another when they see the developer of said product enter a thread, Stephen was simply stating that that kind of behaviour is not tolerated at AVSIM, he was stopping it BEFORE it escalated to that point.

Cheers, Andy.

Advertising by commercial members is not allowed in a competing thread, what was said by the commercial member is advertising of improvements, there is simply no disputing that. This isn't something new either, this rule has been about for years and many commercial members have fallen foul of it over the years as I'm sure they will attest.

I think what Stephen was referring to by fanboi'ism is the fact that users tend to swarm on a thread defending a product or berating another when they see the developer of said product enter a thread, Stephen was simply stating that that kind of behaviour is not tolerated at AVSIM, he was stopping it BEFORE it escalated to that point.

Andy, it was about Opus, not GEX

It is not appropriate to promote Opus here

Stephen from Opus did not participate in this thread, so I don't think Umberto's post was what Stephen was referring to.

If I read that wrong, I will surely put my hand up. Opus was only being promoted as another option. I have used Ezydok in the past for a very long time, and have no intentions to knock it, just a shame that development has come to a halt.

The point I was making in my previous post, was when there is an thread about Opus, it gets invaded by As2012 users, so I am trying to see the difference that this thread has over others of the same ilk.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian I take it you missed post 19, 21 and 22 then, as that is what I am referring to as advertisements.

Cheers, Andy.

I with you one this  thread  being  hijack  by opus  Andy, if they want  to start another  thread  about  opus  and  the camera  features they should  start another  thread

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

They have a whole forum section of their own at two or more different forums that I know of, they get plenty of free advertising. I have no issue with customers extolling the virtues of a product in a none relevant thread, I have no problem with a competing developer setting the record straight when misinformation is being spread about their wares, but it is in bad taste when the developer starts directly advertising in a thread that is clearly a conflict of interest.  That is all I have to say and I'll leave the thread now.

Cheers, Andy.

Julian I take it you missed post 19, 21 and 22 then, as that is what I am referring to as advertisements.

Oh hell, I did. I feel very foolish and embarrassed. :blush: :blush:

My apologies to all. I just put my hand up!!

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Julian wrote:

Stephen,

No dis respect, but can you tell me how many times the NGX is mentioned in this Airbus Extended thread "?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412040-do-i-want-airbus-x-extended

Unquote

I don't know Julian, I never counted them. I am not going to count them. I don't really care if it is not a problem to the posters. It was not reported by other developers as a complaint. I had to moderate several times in there directly and behind the scenes for different reasons. Worked on that one to 3:00 am this morning and was able to link Johnny767 with timbrooks. There were other complaints that to look after on that thread that evening, and numerous others

Julian wrote:

Look how many times AS2012 is mentioned in this thread. The OP did not ask about AS2012, but it is mentioned on more than one occasion.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407011-fs-global-real-weather-and-opus

Unquote

Don't know this one either for I never counted them and I am not going to count them unless they become a problem. Did the AS2012 developer use that forum to announce improvements and promote his products? Did his "fans" follow suite? Now that would be a problem that gets our attention. Then it might be somewhat similar to what we are referring to here.

Julian wrote:

If that is Avsim Policy, then some consistency is in order.

Unquote

Yes I suppose perfect consistency would indeed be in order. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone read the Avsim Terms of Service and applied then using their good will and common sense. :rolleyes:Many times it is directly the opposite.

Because they don't follow the rules, we do not have time to count references to products, or to read every post, or even most threads. I love this hobby and information about it, but Avsim is huge, far too wide and deep to keep up with, so we rely on members reporting issues to us.

Julian wrote:

Your use of the term fanboi is certainly unwarranted on this occasion, and insulting, and no hijacking of the thread that I could see.

Unquote

If I had known how much pain it would cost me, I would have used "FanMail" instead. In fact messages 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 31, 36, 37, 38, and 39 are all strong plugs for Opus, beginning with Stephen, the owner, who started it, and then on to primary supporters, in a thread that is supposed to be about 2 different products altogether!

Seriously, if the following (last three) posts before my warning cannot reasonably be called "fan mail", what else possibly could?

"Go for opus, you'll get fantastic weather and camera views with dynamic head movement."

"And Opus can now work from client computer with the latest beta released today." (that is from you)"

"Opus awesome support always updated and has weather aswell as cameras. Ezdok ok needs an overhaul IMHO, been waiting for that for as long as PFPX."

We try to moderate from the highest common denominator. When we see violations we hope to correct them upward, to consistently enforce the highest standards.

The trick is, we have to first now about a problem, discuss it among forum administrators, (because no man here is an island, contrary to the opinions of some members). Only then we act (at least in theory and follow through on the decision,no matter how tough it may be to enforce.

There is a price to be paid for this kind of community to work, by everyone. Anyone not paying their fair share forces others to take the time to carry theirs, to pick up after them, so to speak.

Yesterday my portion of that price was seventeen hours, plus about the same for Tom and nearly half that for Momtchill, plus all the dozens, maybe hundreds of hours of other Avsim staff to manage and moderate what you can, at your leisure just click on your Avsim link and enjoy.

Julian wrote:

I think it will be safer to just read this forum from now on, as having to be careful what product I mention in a thread is not an option for me.

Unquote

Hours ago this statement from you seemed (5 hours ago) bitter and unfair. It seems intended to insult me in exchange for what you considered an insult. In the interests of overlooking anything that we can choose not to see, I won't kick it forward.

Avsim Bottom Line:

There were serious complaints made by respected members of this institution about Opus promotion in this thread. The complaints were investigated, validated, and presented one on one to Opus. Our enquiry was politely and satisfactorily answered and apologized for. A general warning was then issued to the other thread posters about discontinuance of the same.

Interestingly, Stephen (Opus) and I had a brief and pleasant exchange, unlike this one. That's not hard to do, since I am an owner and user of every payware weather program sold and won't fly anything, anywhere, without Opus running the skies. So really, I am capable of fan mail myself.

There is a lot of respect for you Julian, otherwise I would not have stayed up al night with a faulting computer that is scrambling code faster than I can type it I took time to say things carefully so as not to show you the disrespect you claimed not meant for me.

Kind regards,

Stephen

Andydigital, on 27 Jun 2013 - 03:14 AM, said:

When a commercial member comes into a competitive thread and starts promoting their product it's against the rules, it's as simple as that badfinger.

I agree Andy, although sometimes simple is very difficult to explain.

Kind regards,

deleted

Stephen,

As you can see, I made an error, and did not read the second half of page 1 of this thread, somehow it slipped me by, otherwise the connection would have been made. My fault, and my fault alone.

I have apologized above, and to you by private PM, so I am not sure what else I can say.

I don't believe I was bitter,  i was responding to what I thought was a casual remark about Opus, and you must understand, and I am sure you do, that there is no tone that comes with what is typed on this forum, so bitter I was not.

As you posted this after my PM and my public apology, I don't see anymore reason now for me to continue here at Avsim, so I wish everyone including yourself all the very best for the future.

Kind Regards

Julian

Ohhhhh, no you don't.

I worked on that post from 1:30am until almost 8:00 am, never saw your post or your PM. Now you skaddadel back here and never mind! (Think Ma Kettle). :friends:

Kind regards,

Ohhhhh, no you don't

Ok, I won't LOL, now go and get some sleep

MarkW, on 25 Jun 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

Plus it does some annoyng things like send out the air stairs and a bus when you are at a gate with a moveable dock.

No, it doesn't. If the gate really has an animated jetway, GSX will NOT send any stairs or bus, because animated jetways are automatically detected by GSX.

Maybe, you were saying that GSX doesn't automatically detect STATIC (= Fake) jetways from those sceneries were their developers chose to make them static. And no, in this case, they CANNOT be automatically detected, simply because they do not exists anywhere. They are just a bunch of triangles buried into the terminal mesh.

I know these things can be adjusted but it seems to me that it should be automatically setup.

I've explained why static jetways cannot be automatically detected.

But of course, GSX has a feature that let you specify which parking spot have static/fake jetways, so it won't display front stairs and a passenger bus, exactly as if the jetway was properly animated.

This fix should be done only ONCE and, most people seems to forget that it's possible to select multiple parkings at once and apply a change to all of them so, for example, assuming you know that a certain terminal for a certain 3rd party airport has static/fake jetways, your effort to customize it for GSX will be exactly this:

- Choose the "Customize airport positions" menu.

- Select the terminal node. GSX editor will tell how many parkings are being affected by the change.

- Select the "Parking has a jetway" option

This operation will need to be done only once per airport. You can even select more than a terminal at once, or even the whole airport, if you want so, it wouldn't take more than 30 seconds to do just this change.

One final thing that bugs me about GSX is that you will look up an actual gate to park online only to have GSX tell you your aircraft is too large for that gate....

If GSX says that, it means the parking radius, as defined in the scenery AFCAD is smaller than half of your airplane wingspan, so IT IS too small.

I am using addon scenery airport, the same aircraft flown in real world but GSX won't let you part there.

Then the question is not why GSX "doesn't let you there", but why the original scenery designer chose to set a parking radius smaller than your airplane wingspan, if that parking REALLY can accept that airplane.

GSX doesn't obviously have any other choice than to TRUST what's inside the AFCAD. How it could possibly know if the developer made that parking smaller for a specific reason (for example, in order not to conflict with some scenery object) or it was simply a mistake ?

Again, you can fix this EXACTLY as you can with the "Parking has a jetway", there's even a small button with an airplane icon which takes your currently loaded airplane wingspan and will automatically adjust that parking to your airplane wingspan.

As for the jetways, and any other parking customization option, you can select multiple parking spots at once, an entire terminal, multiple terminals or even the whole airport, and apply the change to everything that's currently selected.

So, for example, nothing stops you from just selecting the whole airport (click on the root node of the list, the one with the airport code), click the "airplane" icon, and the whole airport will have EVERY parking spot adapted to the wingspan of your currently loaded airplane IN TWO CLICKS!!

I actually hardly use it anymore because of these issues.

None of these are not GSX "issues", they all depend on how the source scenery was made, and GSX has very easy ways to override what's found in the AFCAD.

GSX is 39 US dollars though!     Just for a little man directing me to a parking spot???     No thank you.    

can you  put  a link  where it  says  39$   for  only  a little man directing  to a parking  spot?  Iam sure  there are more  features  than this 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg