Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Ground Services X or EZDOK, which to get?

Eh? Unless Opus has changed dramatically since I last tried the demo 9 months ago, it lacks all kinds of viewpoint abilities that EZDOK does.

Does Opus do smooth transitions now? Can it do free look circling the aircraft? Can Opus do easy 'flying' inside the VC?

Also, I was not aware that EZDOK has a hit on frame rates? This true?

Yeah. To all questions. I'm not sure only about free look circling the aircraft. I do mine with the mouse view pan. 

OpusFSX cam views are easier on FPS. OpusFSX true effects (not generators) are fed seamlessly by its wx engine which makes a winning combination for me. Adjusting views, some back up functionality is still somewhat more logical in EZDOK.

PS: Mind you, it still took me about 10 days to fully adapt.

I'm sorry Dirk but you are misinformed if you are saying that frame rates are worse when using EZDok cameras instead of OPUS, EZDok has ZERO effect on the frame rate, it is not measurable. Have a look at the CPU time for yourself (CPU time is not enabled by default in task manager) and you will see this to be true. If you are seeing a drop then its unique to your system and probably some other software or AV engine is interfering. The general consensus over the years that EZDok has been available is that it has no effect at all on frame rate.

Cheers, Andy.

Dead simple... Ezdok, a no brainer

Remember Howard the day it drove you crazy Mate,

ezdok is great and so is GSX luv them both - ezdok has a more believable feel to it.

Just for a little man directing me to a parking spot???

Does a lot more than that and when used with AXE checklist its amazing - you have not given it a chance I did the same thing myself glad I smartened up.

Rich Sennett

GSX is a great utility

I have both and would recommend EZDok first then GSX.  The reality is that you will be using EZDok from the moment you load the flight all the way through the flight and to the time to shutdown.  GSX is only used on the ground and while a nice added touch it is not without its problems. it adds time to each flight plus is a bit of pain when it constantly bugs you to open and close doors.  Plus it does some annoyng things like send out the air stairs and a bus when you are at a gate with a moveable dock.  I know these things can be adjusted but it seems to me that it should be automatically setup.  One final thing that bugs me about GSX is that you will look up an actual gate to park online only to have GSX tell you your aircraft is too large for that gate....huh, I am using addon scenery airport, the same aircraft flown in real world but GSX won't let you part there.  I actually hardly use it anymore because of these issues.

You can adjust the 'message verbosity' in the settings to stop it nagging you. It will simply wait for you to do the requested items. I've also replaced the nasty default 'bong' with the Airbus triple chime, so it doesn't break the immersion in the flight deck. I agree about the gate settings. I usually go into the settings for each gate I'm at and have a look at what is set. Often it won't offer any pushback or bring airstairs and crash into the gate. A few clicks sorts this. A pain compared to AES where each gate is hand built and each pushback is designed individually but it is free, well once you've paid for it, it is ;)

I'm sorry Dirk but you are misinformed if you are saying that frame rates are worse when using EZDok cameras instead of OPUS, EZDok has ZERO effect on the frame rate, it is not measurable. Have a look at the CPU time for yourself (CPU time is not enabled by default in task manager) and you will see this to be true. If you are seeing a drop then its unique to your system and probably some other software or AV engine is interfering. The general consensus over the years that EZDok has been available is that it has no effect at all on frame rate.

What do you mean I'm misinformed? I've flown with EZDOK over 3 years. From my observations, Andy, EZDOK eats up about 2-3 fps, but not when just compared like True/False in exe.xml, but in my case in a few specific heavy airports at cerain reference angles. Whereas exactly the same views with Opus are 2-3 fps more. I've done my tests so many times, take it or just move on.

Thanks,

Dirk.

And Opus can now work from client computer with the latest beta released today.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Opus awesome support always updated and has weather aswell as cameras. Ezdok ok needs an overhaul IMHO, been waiting for that for as long as PFPX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

This thread is titled "Ground Services X or EZDOK, which to get?" Keep it to that please. It is not appropriate to promote Opus here. We consider this a serious breech of protocol following complaints. All "######" types of posts here will be deleted and if persistent, further measures used.

SpiritFlyer, on 26 Jun 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

This thread is titled "Ground Services X or EZDOK, which to get?" Keep it to that please. It is not appropriate to promote Opus here. We consider this a serious breech of protocol following complaints. All "######" types of posts here will be deleted and if persistent, further measures used.

Then buy EZDOK first, I flew with it 3 years before I switched to a newer product.

I should say it was more fun than most of the planes in FSX.

Dirk.

Hi spirit,

Just trying to give the OP some advice; pls feel free to delete if appropriate.

If you are buying an app for window view management / headshaking, ezdok would fit the bill. However. As many have suggested, opus has window view support and is an excellent weather program as well.

It could save you some money considerably if you are, or will be in the future looking for a weather and window view program.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Stephen,
No dis respect, but can you tell me how many times the NGX is mentioned in this Airbus Extended thread "http://forum.avsim.net/topic/412040-do-i-want-airbus-x-extended/

Look how many times AS2012 is mentioned in this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407011-fs-global-real-weather-and-opus/ The OP did not ask about As2012, but is mentioned on more than one occasion.

If that is Avsim policy , then some consistency would be in order.

The op was interested in GSX or Ezydok, and as Ezydok seems to be no longer supported by the developer, well not active anyway, I do not see any harm in adding a further option.
Your use of the term fanboi is certainly unwarranted on this occasion, and insulting, and no hijacking of the thread that I could see.

I think it will be safer to just read this forum from now on, as having to be careful what product I mention in a thread is not an option for me.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

GSX is 39 US dollars though!     Just for a little man directing me to a parking spot???     No thank you.    

Do some research.....it's more than that.

To the OP,

Get EZDOK first then GSX.  They are both awesome but like some other posters have pointed out, you're in the VC most of the time.

Get EZDOK sorted then grab GSX dude.

Tried the GSX demo, kinda weak. No men shown operating the fuel hoses? No people getting off the plane or buses? Non-airliners are worse with numbing smaller vehicles driving to plane, stopping for 30sec then driving off. Wha? Ran into several gate on arrival no-go's too already. I'll pass on this until it becomes more entertaining and fleshed out.

Opus camera demo - Unless I'm missing something, I see no way to easily fly around the cabin or outside like EZDOK does. If they sold the Camera Live separate for $25 I might consider it.

EZDOK appears to be the winner. I'll sleep on it yet.