Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh v2 - PREVIEW

Well, it always makes sense to add the tag, if its not a big hassle for you ... who knows, maybe sooner or later I will try to use it (or someone else, for some completely different project). Its just that I do not use it now ...

A'ight... the Rio Grande now has polygon water up to the Amistad Reservoir. From there, it has the pre-existing "line" based river.  Downstream from the reservoir, the river is wide enough to warrant the polygons... upstream from the reservoir though, it's quite a bit narrower, and not really well suited for polygon water.

Thus concludes that exercise!

Just as a side not: I would say, the OSM editing period is now over! I think I will start downloading the official OSM extract of tomorrow (or at latest the one from Thursday). Thus, I can't guarantee anymore, that new edits will still make it into to that extract.

That is not so critical ... at 25 Mbit its only a few hours (I have found a fast mirror, which can easily max out my downstream) ... I have already tested it a few times, and downloading and importing the data in my PostGIS database (on a big and fast SSD of course) needs less than 24 hours. The rest of the processing is which really takes "some" time ... (exporting the filtered / processed OSM data in the right format for the scenery generator, and then doing the DSF generation can take up days and weeks ... depending on the region).

Go Andras, go!

:lol:

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Tiny update: finally the big - and hopefully final - render of the DSFs has started! Last night the last missing puzzle piece fell in place, so I could kick off the DSF creation ... This - of course - will still take quite a "few" days (usually I would expect approximately 10 day - with a lot of +/-) ... followed by a few days of testing, screenshots ... then packaging, uploadin, preparing for release etc. ... But at least the silver lining is already visible in the far distance  B)

So much work Andras!!!! Can we be thankful enough for your efforts to turn this sim into an even better experience?

Well, I can only wish you some very very rewarding walks in the mountains :-) with lots of good shots and fresh / pure mountain air, plus the ideal sink for the accumulated stress :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So we're into the home straight then! Really looking forward to this, and especially to going on another cross N.America then Europe journey.

As they say in Japan, 頑張ってください!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

As they say in Japan, 頑張ってください!

And in Portuguese :  Por favor, faça o seu melhor!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

UPDATE: I have good news. I am now on the "short final" before landing .... Most of the tests are finished (the big regions like USA, Europe and most of Canada ... Alaska and some other regions still need to be visited) and I have even started packing up the ZIP files today. I also plan to start uploading the first big ZIP files tonight ... as the whole upload process will take many days (we are talking about 55,6 GBytes of data) anyways. In parallel I will do the final preparations (website etc.), tests, screenshots ... so, with a little luck, I might be able to officially release within the next 5-10 days (hopefully ...  there are still some potential "road blocks" ahead, but I hope they wont be too numerous).

I'm on my phone now so can't access emoticons to express my excitement at this news, so I'm just going to have to do it the old fashioned way:

I'm really, really excited.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

This is great news! Will you be considering making it available as a torrent to try to alleviate some of the issues with server overload?

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.