Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh v2 - PREVIEW

That was already answered: but yes, it doesn't comes for free ... while it won't kill your machine, it will definitely need much more RAM than default. Thus 32bit X-Plane won't make you happy for long, neither should you start with less than 8 GB of RAM (I fly it with 16 GB RAM, and thats fine)

Well, I was thinking about it anyway and that was the final motivator I needed so I just ordered 16GB of Ram...

Yes, I did ... but I am afraid, it won't come in the way I planned. The problem is, that the organization I took the new landclass data from, didn't allow me to use it for now.They are still in the process of improving / validating their data (its a scientific project) and only want to have it in the greater public, when they are finished (which they told me is expected to happen at the beginning of 2014).

Thanks for the update. If the source is a Japanese organisation and you need a hand communicating let me know.

And once again, thanks for your stellar work.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just to highlight how exciting this new mesh could be, flying around the mountains of Alaska just now made me appreciate (again!) how good the current HD mesh is. So an even better one will be...wow.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Because every now or then people are asking when the release will come, here is an UPDATE :excl: :

The release is a little bit postponed. First, because there are still a few technical things which need to be implemented in the scenery tools (will maybe take a month) by Ben Supnik. Second, maybe there will be a few tiny, final data cleanups. Third, because over the coming weeks I will be away on vacations (in two parts) I would definitely not want to release something while I am away.

So ... it is as it is ... just be patient, autumn will come faster than you would expect (and now go out, enjoy summer - which we have plenty of at the moment - and the the real, non simulated world :lol: )

Outstanding!!! 

thx alpilotx

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Because every now or then people are asking when the release will come, here is an UPDATE :excl: :

The release is a little bit postponed. First, because there are still a few technical things which need to be implemented in the scenery tools (will maybe take a month) by Ben Supnik. Second, maybe there will be a few tiny, final data cleanups. Third, because over the coming weeks I will be away on vacations (in two parts) I would definitely not want to release something while I am away.

So ... it is as it is ... just be patient, autumn will come faster than you would expect (and now go out, enjoy summer - which we have plenty of at the moment - and the the real, non simulated world :lol: )

Whats Ben working on ? I was hoping he would release Albert new terrain textures by now ! And some new autogen with global lighting !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

That will make me postpone X-Plane installation on my fresh Windows 8 Install! Well, I bet it will be worth the wait! Have a nice vacation

Alexis Mefano

it's out today...go get it :lol:

NOOOO, its NOT!

I did write

The release is a little bit postponed.

There is the word: postponed

The only thing I did forget - for what ever reason - to write in that post (my fault): I am aiming for end of September now! But the reasons are all written in my above post.

Whats Ben working on ? I was hoping he would release Albert new terrain textures by now ! And some new autogen with global lighting !

Ben is improving a few things in the Scenery Generator (a few things about urban zoning, and some tiny things about airports).

And thanks for reminding me about the 4th reason for not releasing until now. Without an XP 10.25 release, which will include all the new textures from Albert, I can't release, as the new scenery will reference (use) new terrain types (thus, tectures) too. Without the new artwork, my scenery would just plain crash the sim.

This X-Plane 10 Project, as a whole, is huge, and simply beautiful as a remarkable example of cooperation between the user community - those talented users like "AlpilotX" and "PilotBalu", the many freeware aircraft and scenery contributors ( I am missing the name of an american designer of many airports of high quality ), etc...who make available their dedication to the whole user community.

And let's not forget about the team at LR, specially those we know about more directly like Ben and Robin, and Austin (aka "Torki") :P .

I love this sim, but above all, I love this community!!!

:flag-69:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That will make me postpone X-Plane installation on my fresh Windows 8 Install!

Yes Alex, install Win 8 !!! You will be freed from having to use FSX again :-)

But DCS did run beautifully when I had Win8 Pro installed, although recently I have read a few reports of problems on missions with 1.2.5 !

Do you want an honest advice? Ok, you don't :-)  ---> Win 7 64 bit is still the best choice, specially if you're up to use legacy simulators like the historical FSX...

Why shouldn't you install X-Plane 10 right away! Do it!!!!! You will profit from what is already available, and the upgrades will smoothly be applied as they get available!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yes Alex, install Win 8 !!! You will be freed from having to use FSX again :-)

But DCS did run beautifully when I had Win8 Pro installed, although recently I have read a few reports of problems on missions with 1.2.5 !

Do you want an honest advice? Ok, you don't :-)  ---> Win 7 64 bit is still the best choice, specially if you're up to use legacy simulators like the historical FSX...

Why shouldn't you install X-Plane 10 right away! Do it!!!!! You will profit from what is already available, and the upgrades will smoothly be applied as they get available!

Running FSX on Windows 8 NO problem!! At least so far...

Why? It makes me drop some tears when I look as to how Rio de Janeiro, my city, looks like in X-Plane without any mod! What did they do to it?!?? My best guest is that some member from Laminar Research was charged too much for a Caipirinha the last time they visit Rio on Vacation, so they did what is only logical, let's make this city Ugly in the newest X-Plane! :lol:

Kidding of course! But it does look ugly as hell right now :P

Alexis Mefano

Everywhere in this thread ... and always in my signature :rolleyes:

(aka "Torki")

lmfao, good one!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

My best guest is that some member from Laminar Research was charged too much for a Caipirinha the last time they visit Rio on Vacation,

Hmmm!  Probably!  We have to email Ben and ask him for a fix!  Brasil, and South America in general deserve it!!!!

Main Simulation Rig: