Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

T7 fuel planner

Marius,

Doug Snow, a professional dispatcher, and Christian Grill have been going to extreme lengths to ensure that they only use officially published data for PFPX. This is probably why they have been constantly criticised for not publishing the base data for additional aircraft.

I feel that, after years of making-do with software that wouldn't be tolerated in the real world, we are now getting quite close to reality. Perhaps it will take some extended period of use with these new products to forget our less-than-real pasts. It will be shown by fewer people saying that PFPX does not accurately support the PMDGxxx, rather than saying that PFPX and/or PMDGxxx may not accurately mirror the real world.

Cheers, Richard

Richard,

you're so right.

there is some planes profiles that wont be released in the first version but be available for any to download due to that reason so yes we are all working on it to make the best we can for the community.

all the best.

Phil

We appear to have lost sight of what flight planning is for.

Surely flying, just like any other complicated human activity, requires planning, and the comparison of the plan to what is achieved in practice.

What is vital, is that if there is any difference between plan and actual, it can be logically explained and lessons can be learned for more accurate/safe actions in the future.

PFPX may be an answer to providing a dependable method of creating the plan. Time will tell.

Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

I love doing manual fuel calculations and using the technique as given in the PMDG tutorials to use the FMC to get the most accurate fuel planning done.

However recently I have become hooked to Simbrief.com and have used it for 4  flights now and I must say it is absolutely spot on with its fuel and load calculations(for ngx), taking into account predicted weather patterns and countless other factors.

Unfortunately most of the times ,time is a major constraint and to simplify things and to get the job done I enter the data from simbrief and do a X check of the progress page and get on with the flying .... 

I reccomend FSCalc to iPhone/iPad. Very accurate and professional fuel calculator for 737NG, 747 and MD11. After 777 realase, FSCalc will realase accurate fuelplanning for 777.

to add for the datas real or not is not the point.

in fact the FS environment is the big point you have to be aware ...

on a flightplanning side the FS9 version of PMDF 744 is burning +10 per cent of real datas given to the operators without the hull factor.

I've seen up to 9.5 per cent so not a big deal but when you re on a strechy long leg it may make the difference.

wait until both are released and then everybody can set up his mind.

PXPX is more than just a flightplanning tool.

I created profiles for Fsbuild, FOC 2003 and starting on PFPX while on the beta team and you ll be blown away by everything he can do .... on thing PFPX wont do the coffee just FYI ... 

all the best.

Phil

Feelings of realism don't always mean more realistic, especially when most of the people asserting realism have never been involved with airplanes to the level where they'd actually have an accurate basis for the assertion.

It seems that people's interpretations of your criticism was unfounded and that you are simply offering up your opinion on the matter.  There is no right or wrong party in this regard.  Still, for an individual running a computer simulation of an experience, wouldn't "feelings of realism" be at the core of what they are attempting to recreate?

~Shaun O'Neil~

on thing PFPX wont do the coffee just FYI ...

WHAT NOOOOOO! I hope the 777 does then lol :lol:

Alaister Kay