Sign in to follow this  
red259

Searching for weather engine

I have sent a personal PM to the initial author of this post.  But I will post this here too.

If someone is having an issue with settings for REX, we are more than happy to assist you via our forum or personally.

Anyone can email me at: r_stough@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Read thru this topic... Fsgrw seems like a nice option indeed, so far i've sticked with AS since 6.5 but feel the need.to try something fresh... And XPX support in the future too! I haven't seen yet tho if xpx will be extra cost or free upgrade for FSX/P3D customers. Any info on that?

Already thought of some nice tests for the trial once i get home from work, windy and stormy weather lately here in Finland, and I was at Madeira on holiday early April for 2 weeks.. have DL some of the weather back then and try it out, granted I remember which days were raining/ gusting alot :smile:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

have DL some of the weather back then and try it out

Don't think that will work because afaik you HAVE to download the weather data from their servers: you can't input it yourself. All the converting and rendering or whatever you call that from the weather data is done on the FSGRW servers: you only download a small file on your computer into FSGRW and that's it.

Don't think that will work because afaik you HAVE to download the weather data from their servers: you can't input it yourself. All the converting and rendering or whatever you call that from the weather data is done on the FSGRW servers: you only download a small file on your computer into FSGRW and that's it.

You mean you can't try out historical wx?  :unsure: or what? Maybe I misworded it; I ment that in order to test some different conditions i would download historic weather, like from july and april. That is atleast listed as a feature for fsgrw, I hope it is also available for trial mode? 

Well, actually now that I'm home i'm going to try it.  :P

Edit: Yes - Downloading historical WX and loading it into sim is easy and just couple button presses away... first impression is great! 

....and here's a few 'dusky' pics from the Orbx Anacortes/Eatsound area, using FSGRW, with REX cloud textures and AS2012 water.

Note - this is DX10, using a pre-release version of Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Just a quick question to FSGRW owners.

Im thinking of purchasing this to run on my client laptop.

Does FSGRW use Simconnect or Wide FS to connect?

As of now, FSUIPC is mandatory and they offer a free tool to connect your client PCs. Now if you already have WideFS, you don't need that tool of course but in case you haven't, you can safe some money.

Needless to say that WideFS has more features and use but if one would just have to buy it for one single program, that tool may be the better option.

=============================
WHAT IS FSGRW NETWORK BRIDGE?
=============================

FS Global Real Weather supports networked environment. In previous versions, this required SimConnect to be set up correctly. From now on, you will only have to install FS Global Real Weather Network Bridge on the computer that is running the simulator. Please consult the manual of FS Global Real Weather for the configuration of the client.

===================
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
===================

.) Microsoft .NET-Framework 4.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851) .) FSUIPC (free version is sufficient)

NOTE: FS Global Real Weather Network Bridge was designed to use as little system resources as possible.

As of now, FSUIPC is mandatory and they offer a free tool to connect your client PCs

Thanks Cool.

I'm running FSGRW on my client PC using the network tool provided by the developer and it works brilliantly :)

Richard Åsberg

I'm running FSGRW on my client PC using the network tool provided by the developer and it works brilliantly :)

I have Aivlasoft EFB with their own network tool running on my client and that works really well too.

It would be great and a heck of a lot simpler if everybody had their own network tool built in i.e. REX, Active Sky, FSC. It would do away with Messing about configuring SimConnect and WideFS.

How does the new REX WXPLUS mode stack up against the competition (depiction, cloud-popping etc)?

How does the new REX WXPLUS mode stack up against the competition (depiction, cloud-popping etc)?

Some say the latest version is okay but whenever there is a topic about weather add ons, people only talk about OpsuFSX, AS2012 and (recently) FSGRW. I think that says enough about the REX weather engine. I only use REX for textures and OpusFSX for weather.

Been using  rexe  from day  one never  had  any problems  with it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I talked about this somewhere earlier.  I think it holds up very well with the latest releases.

Scott