Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

r0drig0

Autosave for FSX?

Hello

I tried some autosave programs to FSX but had no success. Some interrupts the FSX starup and don´t work.  Other one requires simconnect. Another one there is no readme.txt and apparently don´t work too. Any idea? Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you tried FSUIPC? Not sure if the autosave feature is in the freeware version but it is very seamless on my setup.

When I go to load flight menu apparenty there is a flight saved by FSUIPC. However it does not correspond to my last flight (the flight that FSX had fatal error...) It´s impossible to use FSX without autosave because I have fatal errors frequently, specially when I use the menu while flying. 

Thanks anyway. 

Other one requires simconnect

You know that once you install FSX you already have simconnect installed, right?

FSXSave, located in the library at AVSIM, works very well with FSX and nothing else is required.

Jim,

I have FSXSave, The problem is that it acts strange because after I installed I can not open FSXSave.exe file to config. Don´t know why. Also apparently it is not saving my flight. I already email to designer about this strange behavior. Thanks anyway ! 

When I go to load flight menu apparenty there is a flight saved by FSUIPC. However it does not correspond to my last flight (the flight that FSX had fatal error...) It´s impossible to use FSX without autosave because I have fatal errors frequently, specially when I use the menu while flying. 

Thanks anyway. 

If you have the licensed version of FSUIPC you can set it to save a series of files (I set it to save ten) at an predetermined interval (I use one minute).  So if you have a CTD you can go to 'Load' and pick the most recent flight or one in the series before that (to make it easy I also have FSUIPC save the current flight as aaaaaCurrent so the most recent save cycle file is right at the top of the list).  CTD are pretty unusual for me - mostly I use this to return to a point on an approach when I am practicing landings but when CTD does happen it is a 'life saver'.

Search for the uiautomationcore fix.  It fixes the menu crash 100%.  You'll never see it again.

My FSUIPC is not registered. I use the freeware version. I will try the  uiautomationcore.dll fix. I will say the results tomorrow.

Thank you all for your help.

There are several uiautomationcore.dlls "on the market".Try to find the right one.That is also important, if you use enb.series.

Scott

Well, had no success after installing  uiautomationcore.dll in FSX root directory. 

Still with no program autosave for FSX I have an error saying it was not possible to load or assembly Microsoft Flight simulator Sim.Connect etc..

Otherwise FSXsave I can not even start up the .exe file. Also, when FSX starts, FSXsave have fatal error.

Thanks for your help.

Edited...

Does anyone know if:

FSXSave works with FSX Acceleration?

Is FSXSave is better than FSUIPC's Autosave in some way(s)?

Search for the uiautomationcore fix.  It fixes the menu crash 100%.  You'll never see it again.

For me, I simply recommend deleting ALL traces of uiautomationcore.dll in Win7. 

I know some are worried that it will affect other applications in windows(I so far have not experienced any problems), but if you use that computer primarily for FSX, you will have no problems and this is a almost guaranteed fix. (While doing support, I have a 100% fix rate for menu crashes relating to uianimationcore).

Vaughan I do not have FSX Acceleration and FSUIPC needs register to use autosave function.

Joshua, actually I was suggested to download uiautomationcore.dll and put the file in FSX root. I already did it but didn´t have any practical result. Following your suggestion I found uiautomationcore.dll in win32 system. Tried to delete but win7 said I need permission from "trustedinstaller" to perform this operation. Actually, I use my PC mostly for FS ,but I am afraid to affect other applications on windows since occasionally use MSOffice or LibreOffice. 

Thank you for your answers. 

FSXSave works fine with Acceleration.

Looks like your FSX install is not real good.

Vaughan I do not have FSX Acceleration and FSUIPC needs register to use autosave function.
Joshua, actually I was suggested to download uiautomationcore.dll and put the file in FSX root. I already did it but didn´t have any practical result. Following your suggestion I found uiautomationcore.dll in win32 system. Tried to delete but win7 said I need permission from "trustedinstaller" to perform this operation. Actually, I use my PC mostly for FS ,but I am afraid to affect other applications on windows since occasionally use MSOffice or LibreOffice. 
Thank you for your answers. 

There are several instructions out there (search google) on how to take ownership of a file on windows 7. Just a few simple steps and you should be able to delete it.

PS: I use MS Office too, and it does not affect it at all.

Ok, before go to delete uiautomationcore.dll, considering Jim answer my FSX install is not real good it triggered a question. I have MSFX Deluxe edition. What patches do I need? SP1, SP2? Both? 

Thank you for your continuing suport (and patience withe me). 

Both.

Install SP1, start a flight, then exit out.

Install SP2, start a flight, then exit out.

JoshuaC, on 21 Jul 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

For me, I simply recommend deleting ALL traces of uiautomationcore.dll in Win7.

IMO telling people to delete system files is bad advice.

There is no need to do this and just because you have had no problems doesn't guarantee other won't either.

The file is there for a purpose and placing one of the 2 Vista versions in the FSX root folder fixes the menu crash issue.

Please remember when giving advice on an open forum that many people can read it and your advice should be "lowest common denominator".

regards,

Joe

IMO telling people to delete system files is bad advice.

There is no need to do this and just because you have had no problems doesn't guarantee other won't either.

The file is there for a purpose and placing one of the 2 Vista versions in the FSX root folder fixes the menu crash issue.

Please remember when giving advice on an open forum that many people can read it and your advice should be "lowest common denominator".

regards,

Joe

Adding/Replacing system files still isn't any better. Why not let him give it a try and see if it works out or not?

That file is non-system critical, so even if you delete(or rename for backup purpose) it, you will be able to start windows etc. 

I had people who do the other method of fix with the wrong file etc and still get crashes, some don't know which file is that, some after applying the fix still get problems. To put it simply, adding/replacing the file whether in the FSX or Windows, produced way way less consistent positive result then I have seen with renaming/deleting that file.

That is of course still my advice, and it still stands. Do at your own risk is the only disclaimer that I will put, like all other file modification (Whether its adding/replacing or deleting)

I had people who do the other method of fix with the wrong file etc and still get crashes,

...because they used the wrong file.

It is well known, and there are many posts concerning this issue, that there are 2 versions of the Vista uiautomationcore.dll that fix this specific crash.

One version works for some people, others need the second version.

I have not read anywhere that neither version has fixed the "menu clicking crash", though I haven't read everything.

Again, I caution anyone about removing system files because someone told you to in a forum.

Especially when there is nothing to gain by doing so.

regards,

Joe

...because they used the wrong file.

It is well known, and there are many posts concerning this issue, that there are 2 versions of the Vista uiautomationcore.dll that fix this specific crash.

One version works for some people, others need the second version.

I have not read anywhere that neither version has fixed the "menu clicking crash", though I haven't read everything.

Again, I caution anyone about removing system files because someone told you to in a forum.

Especially when there is nothing to gain by doing so.

regards,

Joe

Like I said, it's confusing to have to select which files to use with so many different opinion and files.

You seem to have a paranoia in removing system files. If you understand windows and especially what that dll library do, you wouldn't even be so worried

And no, the benefit is 100% gurantee of no more ctd due to that file.

Why is there even a discussion about deleting a file in Windows, when the file in question goes into the main FSX folder? 

Why is there even a discussion about deleting a file in Windows, when the file in question goes into the main FSX folder? 

Jim,

reread my earlier post about the suggestion to delete the file to solve the menu crashing problem. I only suggest that as I dont see putting the file into main FSX folder as a 100% guranteed fix.

Anyway, I dont claim to be an expert of anything, but I will let the OP decide on which solution to take.

For me, I simply recommend deleting ALL traces of uiautomationcore.dll in Win7. 

Then why even suggest such?

I only suggest that as I dont see putting the file into main FSX folder as a 100% guranteed fix

And there are multiple versions of the file to try in FSX. Nothing with FSX is guaranteed %100. 

Ok people just small update, but firstly thank you so much for many people join this topic in order to help me.

About  uiautomationcore.dll. I follow the suggestion to download this .dll and install in my FSX. I read so many wonderful things this file does in FSX, even increase frame rate, but I did not notice any difference. And FSX still crashes and Autosaver for FSX and FSXsave programs still don´t work. 

About Jim concern about FSX installation. Well, I firstly install FSX. Then installed SP1 and finally SP2. I did not use FSX with only SP1. I used FSX after installed both SP1 and SP2. 

Thank you for your patience.