Sign in to follow this  
paulbakeman

Best Ground Operations Add-on?

GSX or AES?  I used to use AES quite a lot, but the idea of spending money one time for unlimited use of GSX is appealing, too (as opposed to having to buy credits every time you want to add a new airport).  Thoughts?

Paul

Without a shadow of doubt, GSX.

It's awesome!

Buy it once; and you're done.  It works with almost all airports and most aircraft.

AES (which I tried) looks good too, but involves you buying repeated 'credits' to get your favourite airports works.

GSX: Works all aircraft/Airplanes - Animated Baggage loaders/Food truck loaders/Pushback with a guy walking to marshal the aircraft out!

AES: Older version of GSX... Works with most payware airports/aircraft - Animated Food truck loaders/Pushback with marshal guy I think! But the catch is to "activate airports" It requires "points/tokens" which I think are $10 for 10 points on Aerosofts website... And the average Flytampa Airport requires a point cost of 2 - 4. So the expense really starts to explode if you intend to use with a lot of airports!

My personnel preference is GSX as it is less expensive in the short and long run, looks better, works with everything, NEWER!  

I have both and use both. Each has its pro's and con's as with anything.

AES has great custom jetways but you have to purchase credits for each airport an only works at a few select airports.

GSX works at any airport but uses the standard FSX jetways which disappear into the ground when docking with some aircrafts. GSX also is compatible with lots of addon and standard aircraft whereas in AES you either have to set up each aircraft individually or just download a file for the required aircraft off of avsim.

Gavin Price

GSX.....Works everywhere. One time buy, not credit stuff....just install, and use. Plus, models look way better, and at least on my system, I don't notice a FPS hit at all.

GSX.

I have it and it is fantastic

I hate when a payware airport only has moving jetways with AES, cause then GSX is useless at that gate.

But I love GSX and wouldn't trade it for AES

If you run AES and GSX together like me you get the best of both worlds! GSX for everything but jetways and AES for the jetways! :)

GSX - but get the replacement voices from our good friend Q400 Flyer above! The voices that ship with it aren't that great.

GSX, works with all default and payware airport and aircraft. It's another way to live your fsx!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Is there a purpose for GSX? I mean if you have this add-on, does it really add another level of realism to ground operations before take off? I'm assuming this is only useful for those who fly commercial planes.

Or is this add-on purely for aesthetics and serves no real purpose?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Is there a purpose for GSX? I mean if you have this add-on, does it really add another level of realism to ground operations before take off? I'm assuming this is only useful for those who fly commercial planes.

Or is this add-on purely for aesthetics and serves no real purpose?

What purpose is there in anything we do in this crazy hobby, but for the visuals? :lol:

It adds a sequence of extremely realistic looking activity and functions on the ground, before and after your flight. Without it, you load an airliner and it sits there alone at a gate, and you start engines and leave....... With GSX you load the food for your flight, passengers, baggage, cargo, fuel truck loading, interaction with ground crew, pushback.    It just brings it to live.    It is mainly for airliners but you can use with say private jet stuff, like the F1 Mustang etc.    When you do this GSX adapts and brings the passengers to your plane in a minibus instead of a large bus.   That's how cool it is.   :)

But of course it's all visuals and audio... what else?  :smile:

its purely aesthetic, but adds tat little bit extra into it - I am trying to make a choice between that and fsenesis Europe.

download GSX, you can use the demo in 3 airports - KOLM(I think) EDDM and LIML.

I just downloaded it, and as bennyboy posted, when pax are coming on the voices are quite repetitive.