Sign in to follow this  
captjames

MILVIZ 732 RELEASED!

Bill

So many FSX "pilots" just have no comprehension of how much work, and now many 1000's of hours go into to creating these addon aircraft, and just how long it can take, just to change or correct, what to them looks like a simple feature.

Maybe, if they could only  download these addons @ 110 Baud,  they might start to appreciate just how much goes into them  !!

I think, in many case,  the "perceived" value, is related to just how quickly the can Download them from wherever.

It takes a special sort of dedication to spend 18+ hours a day, working on these products  -- even more so when you are supposed to be on Vacation.

So, let me say  a big "THANK YOU"  ,for all your hard work, and all the extra free help and advice you are always giving to those in the FS Community.

+1 again

Is there a way when changing ILS frequencies for the dot after say 109.50 to be inserted. I tried to change the ILS frequency in the Tune section of the FMS but could not find the dot in the keys to complete the ILS frequency. The first 3-digits was no problem.

18+ hours a day, working on these products

I should hope one is compensated failry! i dont do much theses days for the "fun" of it!

Vc10man. Support forums please.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Vc10man. Support forums please.

Would be a good idea------if only I could register at the link shown  instead of seeing an error flag throw up! Hence, asked here.

I am a sucker for for authentic, "study-sim" products such as those from PMDG, A2A, VRS, Majestic, etc. In the case of Milviz, their products are quite a bit cheaper, but still deliver a very satisfying product, especially with the flight dynamics, sounds, and visuals. To compare their 737 to the NGX isn't fair IMO. The NGX took much longer to produce, and costs around $20 more, so I would expect the NGX to have some aspects that are different when compared to the Milviz 737.

Anyways, I really like this aircraft and at least Milviz is responsive and willing to finish the product. I know this was a huge undertaking for Milviz, but I hope they do well enough with this product to make it worth making more airliners. They could make a 707, 727, 747-200, L-1011, or DC-10 since none of these have been done for FSX to the level of Milviz quality. Military wise, a C-130 or C-5 would also be great. I hope this 737 does not remain the first and only airliner from Milviz.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

So, let me say  a big "THANK YOU"  ,for all your hard work, and all the extra free help and advice you are always giving to those in the FS Community.

Thank you, Geoff. Your kind words are gratefully appreciated, much more so than anyone will ever know... ^_^

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

VC10man Good thing I keep this one on copy paste...   Please contact roadburner440 at milviz dot com or info at milviz dot com for registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

VC10man Good thing I keep this one on copy paste...   Please contact roadburner440 at milviz dot com or info at milviz dot com for registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Tried exactly that by clicking on that roadrunner link towards the bottom of your Product page and ended up getting a 404 error. Proof of purchase? I bought from through my Account in Flight1 and they sent me a confirmation email. Will that suffice?

I will check the product page link right away.  Yes

any ETA on the new Flight1 Installer/Patch.  I'm waiting for the Patch, then I click "BUY" :P  :lol:

Milviz :Love:  

+ 1

Dirk.

Does anyone else find the engines a bit overpowered, especially during climb?

I had to retard power to about 28% in order to climb at 250kts, with a realistic pitch....   What also feels a bit strange is that in cruise (at 327kts), I retarded throttles to idle, and the speed bled off so slowly.....    It took around 1 minute of idle power to get from 327 kts, to 300 kts.

So I would summarize that the power aspect of the FDE feels :-

• Overly sluggish on the ground (about 60% throttle to get moving)
  • Overpowered during climb (not as bad as the CS732, but still overpowered)
  • Far too slippery; in level flight, at idle, the aircraft seems to bleed speed off unrealistically slowly.

Do any other users have any comments or feedback on these aspects?

Does anyone else find the engines a bit overpowered, especially during climb?

I had to retard power to about 28% in order to climb at 250kts, with a realistic pitch....   What also feels a bit strange is that in cruise (at 327kts), I retarded throttles to idle, and the speed bled off so slowly.....    It took around 1 minute of idle power to get from 327 kts, to 300 kts.

So I would summarize that the power aspect of the FDE feels :-

• Overly sluggish on the ground (about 60% throttle to get moving)
  • Overpowered during climb (not as bad as the CS732, but still overpowered)
  • Far too slippery; in level flight, at idle, the aircraft seems to bleed speed off unrealistically slowly.

Do any other users have any comments or feedback on these aspects?

I have a comment.  Why are you worried about stuff like this?  Don't you know that the whole point of buying this airplane is to reward the developers for their hard work and dedication, and that the plane itself is not important?   Geeesh, some people can just never be pleased with anything and just want to be negative.  Rivet-counters...

:crazy: sarcasm not aimed at Q400.  I just get tired of seeing anybody who decides the plane isn't for them (and says so) has to get thrashed by those who feel it is their duty to praise and shrug off any issue with the airplane itself.  When somebody announces that they aren't satisfied, does it really need to be followed up by 20 posts about "some people" never being satisfied with anything, and therefore, by implication, A-holes?