Sign in to follow this  
dave2013

More arrogance from J.V. over at ORBX

I didn't think He was arrogant - He is aware of the problem said They are going to address it and in His mind that's the end of the story - He will make good on His word, that's how I see it. Just my 2 cents.

Lol, I like the references to He and They.

Weird lol - oh well not getting paid for this :)

Rich Sennett

discontent

Well, as happy as I am about FTX Global and the promised openLC packs, I'm once again astonished at the level of arrogance and almost thug-like behavior displayed by John Venema over at ORBX.

This guy Noel posted a criticism regarding the overly green "desert" textures in the US southwest and elsewhere over on the ORBX forums.  Although I agree that his post is a bit too harsh, it does indeed have some merit.

Well, after being criticised himself by multiple ORBX fans for his criticism, JV essentially tells him that there's nothing wrong with FTX Global and he'll just have to wait for the openLC products to correct the problem (I thought there was nothing worng with it?).  Then, JV says that ORBX just won't tolerate the whining and insulting tone of the post, threatens to ban the OP, and locks the thread.  He also locked another thread about the same too-green textures problem.

So, here's ORBX customer service: there's nothing wrong with our $90 product and if you dare to criticize it then we'll threaten to ban you from posting in our forums.  Furthermore, you'll have to purchase our follow-on products to fix what you call a problem in our current product, even though we promised future upgrades, patches, and fixes to our current product.  Got it, buster?

Geez, I'm just as amazed at your comment.   Why bring it over here, keep it to their product forum. Our hobby depends on developers and if you have issues don't buy the product, but coming over here and complaining is in no one's best interest. Vote with your pocket book .....I think you'll agree we all want our hobby to grow and flurish....give the developers a chance to correct any thing that might be wrong, there are always issues with a first release.....and yes JV can be a bit testy at time, but that comes with dealing with the public for all those years......happy flying :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martin

I've lived in, and flown over the desert southwest for over 52 years. FTX Global renders this area nowhere even close. MSE on the other hand is good enough for this area that I've used it successfully for pre-flight orientation before real world flights.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I've lived in, and flown over the desert southwest for over 52 years. FTX Global renders this area nowhere even close. MSE on the other hand is good enough for this area that I've used it successfully for pre-flight orientation before real world flights.

Yes, would agree! There needs to be a fix for this area. For all of use from the desert southwest let's hope it comes sooner than later....Here is a great example of what the southwest can look like....it's freeware!

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/525-death-valley-holgermesh/

Cheers

Martin

.....and yes JV can be a bit testy at time

Say it isn't so! :rolleyes:

Yes, would agree! There needs to be a fix for this area. For all of use from the desert southwest let's hope it comes sooner than later....Here is a great example of what the southwest can look like....it's freeware!

Cheers

Martin

MSE and that freeware scenery package are photoscenery, which is a completely different ball of wax, with its own set of problems and peculiarities. For example no autogen / 3D objects (unless hand-placed, which is too time consuming to do for large areas), lighting looks incorrect at times because the sat photo was taken at a certain time, no seasonal changes unless you have seasonal photo sources, and so on and so on.

Of course it has its huge advantages too, mainly for summertime/daytime VFR flying, but that does not work for all flying situations.

Geez, I'm just as amazed at your comment.   Why bring it over here, keep it to their product forum. Our hobby depends on developers and if you have issues don't buy the product, but coming over here and complaining is in no one's best interest. Vote with your pocket book .....I think you'll agree we all want our hobby to grow and flurish....give the developers a chance to correct any thing that might be wrong, there are always issues with a first release.....and yes JV can be a bit testy at time, but that comes with dealing with the public for all those years......happy flying :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martin

If I posted that over on their forum I'd be banned.

Are you still "amazed"?

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Nothing new, remember, you can only post "constructive" (positive) things about their products in their forums. The forum masters have a right to do as they please in their own space.

Remember; his sandbox and therefore, his rules. <_<

Cheers

Martin

Please, people! Yes, the FSX landclass is horrible, but we shouldn't keep calling for a "fix" now that FTX Global is out, as if Orbx is on the hook. This has been a problem since day 1 of FSX, and a texture replacement package won't do anything for it.

If I posted that over on their forum I'd be banned.

Are you still "amazed"?

Yes!

Please, people! Yes, the FSX landclass is horrible, but we shouldn't keep calling for a "fix" now that FTX Global is out, as if Orbx is on the hook. This has been a problem since day 1 of FSX, and a texture replacement package won't do anything for it.

quite true if people have such an issue why not just buy a landclass addon I'm sure plenty of devs would love the business since once openLC comes out the folks who make landclass will be short of business.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I have made comments and criticized Orbx. Even had JV PM me, and we talked about it. They take it. Have no issue with it. Their form is full of it. But it is respectful an constructive. When it turns, they then do what anyone would do, shut it out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

If JV says he will fix it........he will fix it.

That was the result old mate was after so move on.

FTX Global rocks. 

I have made comments and criticized Orbx. Even had JV PM me, and we talked about it. They take it. Have no issue with it. Their form is full of it. But it is respectful an constructive. When it turns, they then do what anyone would do, shut it out.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Agreed. I've know Orbx to be quite receptive and responsive. I can't blame JV for shutting down naysayers who don't have the facts straight. I mean, making it sound as if FTX Global is responsible for green deserts is not fair to Orbx. People read these forums when they need help deciding whether or not to buy the product. When you have people posting baseless uniformed reviews, you really do have to address it head on.