Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gruesen

EAA

Hey Rob, Ryan, etc,

Could you manage a shot of a flyby of the T7 at EAA in Oskosh? How about low and slow in a landing config? Here now and I think it would be a real crowd pleaser!

Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I guess they're quite busy bringing the 777 to us. Robert hasn't posted for quite a while either. A video would be great in my opinion, we've had enough screenshots.

I guess they're quite busy bringing the 777 to us. Robert hasn't posted for quite a while either. A video would be great in my opinion, we've had enough screenshots.

I agree we all seen everything possible with screenshots so a video in the next update would be nice.

I understand what you are saying guys 

but with PMDG, I am pretty sure they still have many things to show with screenshots haha 

Gents-

I know this will disappoint a few of you- but the LAST thing you want me doing right now is fiddling around with video editing...

Seriously...  Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I'd rather continue to focus on cleanup details so we can push this thing out to you.

Gents-

I know this will disappoint a few of you- but the LAST thing you want me doing right now is fiddling around with video editing...

Seriously...  Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I'd rather continue to focus on cleanup details so we can push this thing out to you.

That's even a better plan captain. We know the quality we will receive from you.

Gents-

Seriously... Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I wouldn't have a problem with skipping video and going straight to release.

Agreed. Sorry...got caught up in the moment. Just trying to combine two of my favorite things...EAA and another great PMDG airplane! By all means Rob keep your focus on the clean up list...

It would never happen but I am a video editor and would gladly whip up a few shots for the community if you wanted to record and send them my way.  I could use Awolnation - Sail as the music (that was a joke).

Like I said, it would never happen but the offer is there.  

Sounds like they might skip beta (or the beta is top secret) and go for release soon.  

Sounds like they might skip beta (or the beta is top secret) and go for release soon.

Beta is part of their internal testing and that's what they're doing right now.

Release is very near but a guessing game isn't a good tool though, the best thing we can do for now is to wait. I know that's very difficult for some (including myself)

Seriously... Consider the amount of time required to create even a short video...

I don't think editing is necessary in this case. Just record an upload. We're not asking for a million dollar, movie like trailer. It's just to get an idea of what this masterpiece that you fantastic folks have put together is like to fly and how it sounds and behaves.

All in all, if all these screenshots and videos are going to delay the 777 then you should just skip them all and focus on making her market ready as soon as possible :-)

I don't think editing is necessary in this case. Just record an upload. 

Have you ever seen the size of a video file raw from Fraps before? I think five minutes or so is something like 4GB. So yes, those files definitely need compressing down in an editing software - also since it cuts the clip every couple minutes and makes a new file. 

Have you ever seen the size of a video file raw from Fraps before? I think five minutes or so is something like 4GB. So yes, those files definitely need compressing down in an editing software - also since it cuts the clip every couple minutes and makes a new file.

Yeah, forgot about the file size which would take ages to upload even in a decent internet speed. Imagine 4K though, apparently it's around 950MB for every 12 seconds.

I do not think throwing a 5 minute unedited video is there thing. They are far more professional than that.

Just let them release it and you can make all the videos your heart desires. 

Beta is part of their internal testing and that's what they're doing right now.

Release is very near but a guessing game isn't a good tool though, the best thing we can do for now is to wait. I know that's very difficult for some (including myself)

Tabs said that they are still internally testing

And as long as they didnt announce wide beta testing they are testing internally

so they never announced that they are in beta?

In other forums many people wrote that they are in beta since months. When this is true and they only do intern (so 5 PC´s) testing then i think we have to wait longer, maybe september to november.

lol And i thought maximum 3-4 Weeks

They have not, and will not, announce beta. I believe it is exactly this reason - "Well NGX beta took this many weeks and we got that much updates meanwhile, and two videos and the other one from AoA..."

You will know how betatesting went when they announce release.

they are in beta right now. why?

- rsr announced the release is weeks ago. he wouldnt do so if they were still in alpha because most bugs are found in beta.

- beta usually takes the longest time due to the amount of people finding bugs and the time required to fix them. (may be different of course)

- the beta team is a selected team by PMDG. what you people above me refer to is an open beta phase which has never been there before at PMDG. therefor, you wont notice it anyway

- "Tabs said that they are still internally testing" -> as a developer, you are always testing internally. or do you think, just because a beta started, you stop testing? and as said in the 3rd one, the beta team is also "internally" if you want it like that.

- i bet, they already have some release candidates which means they are between beta and release, but if you want to go into detail, they could also be in gamma (which is between beta and RC).

Maybe, instead of recording a video and uploading it, we could just get a soundset preview.

Obviously, crunching it down and uploading will make it lose quality, but I think that knowing how this beast will sound would be amazing.

Luke is right, video files are huuuuuuuge. 

Choice A:  take the time to produce a video and push back the 777 release a day or two or 10

or

Choice B:  we know it's getting real close, so no video and we get our hands on this beauty a tad earlier

Choice B hands down

Maybe one of the Beta testers can do a video?

Perhaps more in the style of;

Than the style of 

The former style is basically no real editing, other than the conversion of the file from a 20+gig .avi file fraps makes into a 1080p compressed wmv file less than 2gb, and (in Australia) the ~10 hours it takes to upload to youtube.

Of course you need the rights to upload videos of unlimited length too which new channels don't have (Took me near on 5 years to get this for the musicalavator channel).

Just fly the plane and do the checklists and be both pilots :P and just keep talking. No need to do interviews or impressions, just fly the plane and keep it to something of a sterile cockpit. 

I personally think that a flight online with ATC along the whole route makes better video too. Lots of your voice, the odd interruption to talk to ATC etc.

Also a ~1 hour flight would be about right for a normal video. Better chance at ATC for the whole route that way too.

Best would be to get someone that's used to flying the 777 though, that way the checklists and systems use should be better. No need to edit logos/checklists/charts etc in, that just takes extra time that could be used doing something else.

Most of the editing time should be the computer rendering the file. The user interaction with the computer can be limited to opening Vegas, Opening the Fraps movie folder. Highlighting all files in the fraps folder, Dragging all of them onto the Vegas timeline, selecting "File > Save as movie", selecting the right aspect ratio and file type and resolution, hitting "save" and then going to bed and letting the computer do it's thing.

Next day drag the resulting file into the "Upload to youtube", writing some stuff in the title and blurb. "PMDG 77L Flight on Vatsim" and waiting a few hours for it to upload.

My ADSL connection in Australia takes hours to upload, and during that time internet usage is really slow. Might be worth doing overnight while sleeping.

Of course you could just release it this month, then I'll do one myself  when I get the time and Vatsim ATC is online.

Also, Cross the Pond. Not exactly looking forward to the 24+ hours that 8 hour video will take to upload :P

was pmdg at Oshkosh air venture 2013?

I did nit see Robert there.

No...pretty sure not. More than likely busy getting the T7 ready for release... Maybe next year!

...at least I didn't see them in the usual vendor areas...