Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

convince me whjy I should buy FTX Global/own UTX/GEX

Finally have fsx running pretty good after so many years.

My setup: 3770K 4.4ghz,P8z77-VPro, CoolMaster Half 932, 8 gigs 1866, 780GTX, H80, Windows7, 64 bits.

Currently own, UTX/GEX, Rex essential plus,  what will this new addon do these addons,

I also own many airports from Fs dreamteam, Flytampa, Latin VFR, and Flightbeam  - I really enjoy these airports from these developers, what will FTX Global change in them.

Basically here it is folks, why should I purchase this addon, which  have been hearing about for the last year ?  Is it that good??????

I really want to buy FTX Global, but really need to be pursaded!!!!

Let me know the good, the bad, the ugly.!!!!!!!!!

Does it effect performance ?  Yes I am having a good time finally with FSX, but always looking to improve.

thanks, Ronny

Finally have fsx running pretty good after so many years.

My setup: 3770K 4.4ghz,P8z77-VPro, CoolMaster Half 932, 8 gigs 1866, 780GTX, H80, Windows7, 64 bits.

Currently own, UTX/GEX, Rex essential plus,  what will this new addon do these addons,

I also own many airports from Fs dreamteam, Flytampa, Latin VFR, and Flightbeam  - I really enjoy these airports from these developers, what will FTX Global change in them.

Basically here it is folks, why should I purchase this addon, which  have been hearing about for the last year ?  Is it that good??????

I really want to buy FTX Global, but really need to be pursaded!!!!

Let me know the good, the bad, the ugly.!!!!!!!!!

Does it effect performance ?  Yes I am having a good time finally with FSX, but always looking to improve.

thanks, Ronny

Read the 6,245.62 posts for a thumb's up already on this forum.... (smile!)

No regrets, and 0 hit on FPS on my system during the day. I go down only 1-2 FPS over heavy use of night lighting. That in no way causes any loss of fluidity. Great performance pre and post install in the long use of....

You've been hearing about it for a year. Have you actually gone to their forums and kept up on the progress? If you haven't, do so and inform yourself before purchase. Lots of good info.

I'm on the same boat as you Ronny.  I have GEX/UTX.

I almost purchased Global last night but realized I did not make a back up of the original textures when I installed GEX.  Can Global overwrite GEX properly, or do I have to use default ground textures before installing Global?

I'm on the same boat as you Ronny. I have GEX/UTX.

I almost purchased Global last night but realized I did not make a back up of the original textures when I installed GEX. Can Global overwrite GEX properly, or do I have to use default ground textures before installing Global?

I believe GEX restores the backup when you uninstall it.

I.e., just uninstall GEX, then install FTX Global.

I believe GEX restores the backup when you uninstall it.

I.e., just uninstall GEX, then install FTX Global.

Hi Trevor,

When installing GEX, it asks you if you want to make a backup of the original.  I chose not to.  So I only have GEX textures.

I have UTX and HAD GEX textures.  I still have FS Genesis Landclass (you need a landclass with FX Global).  I deleted GEX and bought FX Global.  I have never been happier with my sim experience.  Global really puts some "meat" into the scenery, and the night lighting in Global does NOTHING to the frame rates, unlike GEX. 

One of the best moves I've made this year.

Stan

I deleted GEX and bought FX Global.

Hi Stan,

Did you restore the original fsx textures before deleting GEX or did you overwrite GEX textures with Global?  I really want to try Global now after reading some of the threads here.

Hi Stan,

Did you restore the original fsx textures before deleting GEX or did you overwrite GEX textures with Global?  I really want to try Global now after reading some of the threads here.

I followed the clear directions, and restored the original textures through the FTX CENTRAL icon on my desktop.  Then I deleted GEX with the UNINSTALL tool in the GEX Folder.  Finally, I installed Global.

Stan

Thanks Stan.  I don't have any FTX product yet and this would be my first.

Looks like I may have made a back up after all.  I found a "history" file in my GEX folder which said I made an initial back up.  Looked up the dates and it looks like GEX was backed up and installed a day after I installed fsx.  I've done so many fsx installs that I got confused.  It was probably a prior install that I didn't make a back up for.

Looks like I'm going to have my first FTX product by the end of the week.  I'm so excited.

I just installed over GEX without uninstalling or reverting to the default textures first and haven't had a problem.  I did so on the basis that if I did want to revert, I'd want to revert back to GEX, and that I've got the deep-techie Windows knowledge to manually remove all traces of GEX once I was happy with FTXG

(I don't recommend that for everyone.  Automated software delivery and installation used to be my professional speciality, and I can do things with the Windows registry that would make the angels weep.  For everyone else I'd say just forget about the remnants of GEX until your next clean reformat and reinstall.  It won't affect anything.  Or uninstall it first if you prefer.)

Dr V

I just installed over GEX without uninstalling or reverting to the default textures first and haven't had a problem.  I did so on the basis that if I did want to revert, I'd want to revert back to GEX, and that I've got the deep-techie Windows knowledge to manually remove all traces of GEX once I was happy with FTXG

(I don't recommend that for everyone.  Automated software delivery and installation used to be my professional speciality, and I can do things with the Windows registry that would make the angels weep.  For everyone else I'd say just forget about the remnants of GEX until your next clean reformat and reinstall.  It won't affect anything.  Or uninstall it first if you prefer.)

Dr V

Excellent.  Thank you Dr V.  Ha ha that part about making angels weep cracked me up.

Guest ecg

I'm on the same boat as you Ronny. I have GEX/UTX.

I almost purchased Global last night but realized I did not make a back up of the original textures when I installed GEX. Can Global overwrite GEX properly, or do I have to use default ground textures before installing Global?

Here is a link to the manual. Does not require a log in to the Orbx forums.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61846-ftx-global-user-guide-pdf/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta