Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

convince me whjy I should buy FTX Global/own UTX/GEX

If it is so easy to do, why does FTX Global not have an uninstaller?

The problem with Orbx is that they place a number of files in a separate Orbx folder; which would be no problem to delete if you only have one of their products. The fun begins when you have more than one Orbx product installed on your computer.

Actually, FTXG does have an uninstaller. It just wasn't rolled out with version 1.0:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62243-specifically-how-to-uninstall-ftxg/

It sounds like it might be included in the first patch. Of course, if you didn't back up  your texture files as the FTXG installer suggested you do, then the uninstaller isn't going to work.

Take it from me... Just get a dog. A horse has a mind of it's own and is smarter than most humans. Lol

Don't tell her that, that gives it several advantages over me. 

ngxu_banner.png

My frames have gone from 6-15fps, to 30-70fps.  I am now wanting to fly all over the world, instead  of just a couple of places. Well worth it.

download demo version of FTXG

Er... I don't think there is a demo of FTXG...

My frames have gone from 6-15fps, to 30-70fps.

And World Peace for all is just around the corner........

ngxu_banner.png

Correct. Instead, FTXG includes a demo/preview of openLC.

My frames have gone from 6-15fps, to 30-70fps.  I am now wanting to fly all over the world, instead  of just a couple of places. Well worth it.

And World Peace for all is just around the corner........

Fps, actually, go slightly down when compared to default textures, due to the higher amount of autogen and the higher-quality night lighting.

It still is a great product, consider buying it depending on your preferences, but let's call a spade a spade as well.

I thought there is... Somebody posted that, but it was about openLC... My fault  :lol:

Anyway, OP concerns was about installer. I gived him solution for that 

oh my is this a difficult problem to have.  Yes I did upgrade and buy top of line video card, so why can'[t I spend another $100.00 ?  You see with this new video card and my overall computer, I finally after all these years running fsx pretty good.

No, I don't look at frames, more concerned about smoothness.  The other issue, I have had GEX with UTX for many years, basically I fly in North America, USA, and it seems pretty good.

Plus upon reading Nicks, statements, who is the lead developer of GEX, kind of gives me some concerns upon pulling the trigger to buy.  Over the years nick, has given me advise that has help me with my setup with fsx, plus supposedly there will be a major update of North America in the near future.  In addition how can you buy a product, when there is no uninstaller.  Uh Uh UH!!!!

The point here is how much better will I make fsx, with FTX Global, when I fly mostly in the US, 90%.  Is It going to make FSX that much better visually and performance by throwing another $100.00??????

If I could try it out, Flight One has with their wrappe, for 30 days, then I might buy it !!!  I really believe in Nick, his advise has always been on target!!!

Gotta here more!!!!!!

one more thing, if I had fsx for less than a year, probably would no doubt buy FTX Global, but I have been simming since 98. and I do have some loyalty to developers, that's just me,

thanks everybody,  Ronny

How about a 'Don't fix it, if it's not broken'?

You've been pondering your FSXG purchase for quite some time and you are still undecided. Looks like you're not unhappy with the current look of your sim.

I've been piling up heaps of ORBX products and have been enjoying them a lot.

Should I uninstall? No. (Not broken, no need to fix it.)

Should you buy? No ... for the very same reason.

Does FTX Global get rid of the lame airport rectangle cut outs? See pics.

jbbvyhZDOe0rAZ.jpg

jBo0KMTMMSyGu.jpg

Does FTX Global get rid of the lame airport rectangle cut outs? See pics.

No, because FTXG only replaces textures.

Could someone please post some pix of desert landscapes? I have heard that everything is too "green" and, if so, I suspect that desert areas such as Phoenix and Albuquerque areas will be too green. I have GEX and it renders a very realistic brownish sandy color for those areas.

EDIT: GEX compared to FSX default where the desert was too white colored. Bland. Boring.

I haven't yet but I'm also considering purchasing FTXG. I have all the GEX textures packages installed now. I would stay with GEX however they will not support P3D, where FTXG does. I'm trying to move completely away from FSX and go strictly P3D.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64