Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

convince me whjy I should buy FTX Global/own UTX/GEX

FTX once you install its hard to get off your hard drive be warned it does not come with un-installer. Looks good, but their gremlins underneath software. 

FTX once you install its hard to get off your hard drive be warned it does not come with un-installer. Looks good, but their gremlins underneath software. 

:Talking Ear Off:

FTXG is easy to uninstall. Just copy the backup folder that was created when you installed FTXG back to its original location.

You had this problem? Actualy it's easy, if you know something about PC and FSX... If no, it's very hard to uninstall, or to anything...

:Talking Ear Off:

LOL!

If it is so easy to do, why does FTX Global not have an uninstaller?

The problem with Orbx is that they place a number of files in a separate Orbx folder; which would be no problem to delete if you only have one of their products. The fun begins when you have more than one Orbx product installed on your computer.

If it is so easy to do, why does FTX Global not have an uninstaller?

becouse nobody wants to uninstall it

becouse nobody wants to uninstall it

Erroneous assumption; there has already been a thread started by someone who wants to uninstall it.

Erroneous assumption; there has already been a thread started by someone who wants to uninstall it.

i can bet he don't even own FTXG

There comes a point in every man's life, where he has to just go "Screw It" and click the "confirm order" button.

I did that with the Majestic.

Still haven't flown more than a pattern with it.

And a horse for her so she does have something that does what it's told some of the time..

Take it from me... Just get a dog. A horse has a mind of it's own and is smarter than most humans. Lol

I both FTXG the first day it was released and I'm very happy with the purchase, for the single fact that it covers the entire world.

I know some people will say they only fly in their home country but that would be too boring  for me to see the same old scenery every time I fly. They say variety is the spice of life and thats what I want when I fly. I dont want to just fly into the major airports, I want to see different scenery and with FTXG I can. I've never flown in norway and yesterday I loaded up a random airport and had a blast flying my Twotter extended. Since I got FTXG I've been flying a lot more than before.

To the OP I say go for if you can afford it

wooow,  yes its better than GEX, but the fact about an uninstaller, does concern me a bit, but if I am going to buy it, my plans are for keeps,  just don't want problems installing the product.  Its tough to leave a product like GEX, where I have been a very satisfied simmer, but on the bright side, we are always looking for better, want to make sure that performance will be adequate, its not everyday you throw a hundred dollars onto fsx.

I realize their has been lots of hype about this product, and rightfully so, its just so tough for me personally to leave GEX, look a few days ago I bought my big super video card 780gtx, from a 580gtx, and now simming is finally smooth!!!  Yet here comes this great texture product, judt don't want headaches.

You see folks, fsx is very important to me, I am disabled from work, just want pleasure in fsx, and is this really worth throwing another $100.00.

Oh my!!!!! what do I do????  you see I never bought anything from Orbx before as well, I definitely understand that they are a big player in the fsx community.

wooow,  yes its better than GEX, but the fact about an uninstaller, does concern me a bit, but if I am going to buy it, my plans are for keeps,  just don't want problems installing the product.  Its tough to leave a product like GEX, where I have been a very satisfied simmer, but on the bright side, we are always looking for better, want to make sure that performance will be adequate, its not everyday you throw a hundred dollars onto fsx.

I realize their has been lots of hype about this product, and rightfully so, its just so tough for me personally to leave GEX, look a few days ago I bought my big super video card 780gtx, from a 580gtx, and now simming is finally smooth!!!  Yet here comes this great texture product, judt don't want headaches.

You see folks, fsx is very important to me, I am disabled from work, just want pleasure in fsx, and is this really worth throwing another $100.00.

Oh my!!!!! what do I do????  you see I never bought anything from Orbx before as well, I definitely understand that they are a big player in the fsx community.

I don't want to convince you, but i'd like to help you.

I see that fsx is very important to you.  I belive you becouse you have spend at least 800$ for this new video card upgrade. With that in mind UTXG don't looks expensive upgrade at all... i don't consider it expensive anyway.

Let's see...You agree that UTXG is an improvement over GEX, but you are concerned about potential problems installing the product.

I'd like to help you to make a decision, without taking any risks.  

Go to http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/ and download acronis true image. You are allowed to use it 30 days without paying for this. Install it, take your time to learn how it works(it pretty straight forward)and make a backup of your whole system or whatever you think that is safe enough. It's good practice with fsx and it should be done anyway, once you have stable FSX. Disable non-stop backup function also after this. 

I have my system backup on external hard drive, and acronis can put whole system back in 30min, if needed. 

So, Make a backup, download demo version of FTXG, install it and see if you like it.

This way, you will have 30 days to evaluate FTXG.

If you don't like it, use acronis and revert to your previous system state, at any time. That's all, no risks. Please don't tell me that you are afraid to install acronis too :) At some point, indecision becomes a decision to do nothing, which might be the worst decision of all, and bad habit.

I think acronis is very effective and elegant solution for your problem here

I think acronis is very effective and elegant solution for your problem here

Even if you decide not to go with FTX Global, you should consider having a program like Acronis True Image. I have used it for years and I just can't say enough about how great this program works!