Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

I am messing around with "non Normal" situations today and really love the mass of checklists available on the ECL. The non-normal have 16 categories, with multiple checklists in each category. There are an awful lot there, pretty much one for every occasion you never want to see happen!

check2_zps9710a90d.jpg

check1_zpsda4061ce.jpg

Can you popout the checklist window and still be able to click on the different checklists?

Kacper Nowotynski

Hi i Have just one question does it have a EFB intergrated at all?

No. PMDG are looking into making that at a later date, and when certain data/cost issues have been resolved.

What are the two "bumps" below the FMC's for and do they work in the PMDG T7? (I'm pretty sure they do if I know PMDG right) :-)

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

What are the two "bumps" below the FMC's for and do they work in the PMDG T7?

They're touchpads to use the functions on the lower display unit.  In the PMDG version, they're not functional - you just use your mouse directly on the display.

Can any beta tester confirm that flightplans for 737 is also working for 777?

Plan format hasn't changed, so yes.

Kyle Rodgers

I saw two pictures of a virtual cabin. Is that like NGX quality or an actual (good) virual cabin? I would like that!

As far as I can remember, it's like the NGX - not a fully modeled virtual cabin but enough so when looking through the windows there's something there.

I am messing around with "non Normal" situations today and really love the mass of checklists available on the ECL. The non-normal have 16 categories, with multiple checklists in each category. There are an awful lot there, pretty much one for every occasion you never want to see happen!

check2_zps9710a90d.jpg

check1_zpsda4061ce.jpg

Can you popout the checklist window and still be able to click on the different checklists?

Hey Kacper, yes you can. It still works even if you resize the popout with dragging it larger with the mouse

- Jane Whittaker

(...)

FMC wise the 744 is obviously the best option, but maybe the automation of the systems approximate more to the md11?

Well, on 2nd thought: Stuff like bleeds automatically switching off on T/O happens on the MD-11 (T7?), but not on the 744 ...   :blush:

(...)

Plan format hasn't changed, so yes.

And should the T7 ship with a more up-to-date navdatabase, this navdata will also update in our NGX, 744 and MD11?!?   :rolleyes:

"MCDU"

Bit Airbussy for my liking :rolleyes:

McDonnell-Douglassy ...   :P

And should the T7 ship with a more up-to-date navdatabase, this navdata will also update in our NGX, 744 and MD11?!?  

Yep.

Kyle Rodgers

Can any beta tester confirm that flightplans for 737 is also working for 777?

I already did in another thread!

These beta testers are getting bombarded with questions. lol There should be no doubt as to what quality there is and they have not left anything untouched save for the weather radar and any other FSX limitation.   

Let them fly so they can say all is good and this puppy can be released!   :D

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Let them fly so they can say all is good and this puppy can be released!   :D

haha - fair - but what do you think we're doing at cruise?  I'm here.  Luke said he's having trouble keeping up with the forums, though.

All the excitement has him fixated on all the shiny things I guess...

Kyle Rodgers