Sign in to follow this  
JaneRachel

777 first beta impressions

When I say multiplayer, I mean shared flight deck.

Yes. And when I say yes, I mean no.

I am ready :)

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Yes. And when I say yes, I mean no.

Always a jack..s in the bunch!

Preston B.
UPS001
CEO UPSVAC.com

Intel i9 10900k OC 5.3. ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4090, 32gb ram MSFS2020 Orbx.

Always a jack..s in the bunch!

You need to say what you mean, not something completely different, if you want a straight answer.

We can definitely use his CC to buy the 777 hahahh 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

737NGX actually have MCDU.

Yep: I learned that here on AVSIM after I had submitted my post. My former knowledge was based mainly on the PMDG NGX manuals, though.   :rolleyes:

We can definitely use his CC to buy the 777 hahahh 

At least Robert has a full name to display ( *hint* ) ...   B)

Edited by olli4740

You need to say what you mean, not something completely different, if you want a straight answer.

Obviously you don't have the answer I need anyway...so go harass someone else.

Simple question... Has anyone tested the 777 for shared flight deck?

Fabo the forum cop is good at his job!!

Preston B.
UPS001
CEO UPSVAC.com

I did LHR-LAX on Vatsim at the weekend. However running into a few problems with SquawkBox and FSX - so waiting to get sorted before I'm back on. 

Well the point of my post was...

While fully knowing both Squawkbox and FSInn work with FSX, I thought the overwhelming majority of people used FSInn...

No, nowhere near an "overwhelming majority" use FSInn, it's about a 50-50 split on the VATSIM network. FSInn has the potential to be a better client but is utterly let down by some moronic decisions made when it was being developed - mostly how ridiculous the AI system works, and how it very rarely displays other aircraft on the network properly due to a lack of proper classification of aircraft needed when logging in using FSInn.

Luke, the best way to use SB4 and FSX is to have FSX running in windowed mode and run SB4 as an external application (most people I know get better FPS running FSX in windowed mode anyway). You can also use pseudo_full_screen.zip (found in the AVSIM file library) to remove the top bar of FSX when using windowed mode so it looks exactly identical to normal full-screen. 

Simple question... Has anyone tested the 777 for shared flight deck?

Fabo the forum cop is good at his job!!

Unless PMDG have fixed their own shared flight deck platform that was supposed to be with the NGX, and have implemented it in the T7 - the standard shared flight deck will categorically not work.

obviously you not only can't express yourself, you fail at reading comprehention as well. I have, in fact, answered you. Hint: the answer was no, the 777 does not feature a shared cockpit functionality.

No, nowhere near an "overwhelming majority" use FSInn, it's about a 50-50 split on the VATSIM network. FSInn has the potential to be a better client but is utterly let down by some moronic decisions made when it was being developed - mostly how ridiculous the AI system works, and how it very rarely displays other aircraft on the network properly due to a lack of proper classification of aircraft needed when logging in using FSInn.

That's not true at all. With SB most of multiplayer traffic was painted in the VIP livery, but with FSInn, every single aircraft tis painted as it should be.

obviously you not only can't express yourself, you fail at reading comprehention as well. I have, in fact, answered you. Hint: the answer was no, the 777 does not feature a shared cockpit functionality.

Enough...Last warning!!

Preston B.
UPS001
CEO UPSVAC.com

Nice. Though you could have written Robert S. Randazzo on card name :lol:

Oh, it's on the house? Count me in!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"