Sign in to follow this  
DarrenLiewWY

Weather radar and On board taxi camera

Is there something wrong with your comprehension skills? Please read my post again more carefully. It's not about avoiding all visible clouds. Assuming they are visible that is. Could be night time, could be poor visibility.

If you're happy diverting around visible clouds that's fine, but I prefer a more realistic scenario involving a WXR display showing storm cells in one or more of those clouds. I never suggested a cloud radar showing all clouds as storms would be satisfactory or worthwhile.

Sim flying is basically an enhanced role play. A realistic looking WXR would only add to that experience. It can't detract from it. Obviously any storms it shows aren't really there in FSX, but the storm clouds FSX shows don't have storms in them either. It is illogical to be happy to avoid such non storms visually and not be happy to avoid them if displayed on a WXR.

Why, don't you like discussing things in a reasonable way? Are you so wedded to the orthodox view that you can't bear to hear alternative ideas?

Well said. The base platform is hardly accurate!!!! Let's not get into the subject of flight models.

Best regards,

Robin.

GET A LIFE

Cheers,

Don Emerson

Just have to say that's a rude comment, not to mention that you are yelling by using all caps.  What's worse is that your post has been voted up 8 times.

\Robert Hamlich/

Thinking  "OUTSIDE THE BOX"   ---   and this is exactly what this is  --  thinking outside the Plane's weather Box.

Here is an idea  ---

We all know that FSX generally cannot tell which cells have rain  etc etc etc,  so  no weather Radar can tell what cells have rain,  within  the radar coverage.

How about a system  that actually generated an appropriate, SIMULATED rain cell map, based on the current weather  (and maybe some user level control),  and then INJECTED that rain cell weather back into FSX,  while also displaying it on the Weather Radar.     Then  the two would match.

FSX's rain generation is random in any case, based on injected weather information that itself, does not define where rain cell really are in the real world :- , plus some internal processing  that is not exposed to the outside.

So why not replace that FSX rain generation, with a system that is know,  and is based on an area that extends out to the  Weather Radar coverage ?

Whose to say it would be any more or less Real World Correct than what FSX does,  but it will be a known Rain map, that both the Weather Radar can display, and that can be injected  into FSX, for the plane to experience.

Maybe TECHNICALLY possible  -- but a lot of development work, so probably not something that is going to make anyone rich  ... but for many, PROFIT is not the only thing FS is about.

So, no, I would not expect PMDG  to be the ones to do this,  but if such a system existed,maybe PMDG would embrace it as being "Realistic" enough,  and design their VC, to be able to optionally accept, such a product.

Maybe its a thing for the WEATHER Addon guys,  to produce the "Standardized  Rain Cell map",  that other Gauge & addon plane developers can use,  to produce their own, appropriate Weather  Radar.

If nothing else, a different way of looking at this requirement, that may have a solution after all.

Absolutely Geoff - it's a simulator. If the base sim is inadequate, Do It Yourself.

Best regards,

Robin.

FYI there is a way to merge the WX500 with the PMDG NG

So if someone makes the effort to edit the panels in the NGX/777 I believe it could be possible. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I try not too use 'not possible' noting that we put a man on the moon etc.

Probably using external real world weather data en Fsx position data an developer could make on pretty easy.

As mention, pmdg my decide what they make and we of we buy it or not. And as mention, no need to inform pmdg about this kind of possible function. The know after a 1000 requests.

Maikel Rozemeijer

pe1123

The Netherlands.

Kevin,

With all due respect, considering the number of threads in this forum composing of the topic of a weather radar being incorporated into a PMDG product, I think one sentence describing their frustration on the topic is more than warranted, and not immature.

I was thinking about the post containing all the sarcastic memes. I could hardly quote all that.

People dont tend to have a problem discussing something in a reasonable way. However, when the person is going to be insulting and rude then I do not see the point in these threads. I was happy to discuss this with you, but if you just going to insult me then I will not bother.

I wasn't being rude, I was pointing out you were arguing against something I didn't actually say. I've don't that myself by mistake a few times and don't take it as an insult when its pointed out to me.

Having an opinion is fine. Enforcing onto others your opinion is not.

And the posters demanding the discussion be shut down aren't enforcing their opinion on others I suppose? I'm only putting my opinion up for discussion. Not trying to enforce it on anyone. This is after all a discussion forum.

ki9cAAb.jpg

How about a system  that actually generated an appropriate, SIMULATED rain cell map, based on the current weather  (and maybe some user level control),  and then INJECTED that rain cell weather back into FSX,  while also displaying it on the Weather Radar.     Then  the two would match.

Iam not sure if this would work. But from many discussions with developers it seems the only real solution is to completely redevelop the weather engine system. However it is a huge undertaking that would require a large amount of time and resources with one of the only benefits being a working WXR. 

I am sure when people are designing new/improved simulators they will make accurate weather depiction possible, but in the case with a 7 year old piece of software which was left riddled with problems by the team that had to abandon it I think this is highly unlikely to happen.

Hi ! IN my personal opinion we are discussing about nothing. PMDG already stated since years and for all their products that the wetaher radar will not be implemented at all for their reason. These reasons can be good or bad  but their are their reason. They dont give us the radar weather but they give us a plane that have all systems implemnted and more. The idea maybe to make the radar weather as an option u can activate or deactivate by the FMC option could be accepted for frame rate reason but i suppose would take time a resources. 

About the taxi camera well i really dont need it. Most of my flights are flown with damages on aircraft disable as more than once i crashed about invisible object or some stupid AI plane did crash on me so after preparing a flight or after  alkong flight to end it up cause to an invisible collision is unstandable. So why a taxi camera on a desktop PC? To simulate the movememnt of the plane on another screen i am pretty shoure would lower the frame rate and i personally buy this plane to pilot it in the air not inside an airport.So IF PMDG have idea to implemnt this, useless feature , please dont implement it inside a service pack but like a standalone installer so that i can avoid to install it. I really dont need to have Frame rate lower to taxi in a mega scenery of aerosoft or keep on playing with fsx.cfg file to improve 1 frame rate cause to this feature. NEither i want to overclock my i7 to taxi 5 min from a stand to the runway.

At the end PMDG is free to implemt what they want Radar camera EFB whatever . Important for me is they make the product perfect like they have always doine. I never ask for pics of their prouducts to be released, i never ask for feature of the polane or what system are implemented i just read PMDG. Once i read PMDG all questions are useless. The quality is the top u can have. THe realism is the top. The name is synonimous of perfection. So i just wait they release and i am sure i buy it. Without reading anything feautres or comments or opinions. PMDG is PMDG. The weather radar is only their policy. Nothing to complain neither to ask again and again. Of course if people wanna ask they can but the answer is the same. SO people can choose if to ask something new or to repeat asking the same thing. 3 pages of posts on weather radar:D:D:D. and other 100 posts with the same answers:D

Absolutely Geoff - it's a simulator. If the base sim is inadequate, Do It Yourself.

Best regards,

Robin.

EXACTLY   --  ie  JSBsim   etc etc

Just have to say that's a rude comment, not to mention that you are yelling by using all caps.  What's worse is that your post has been voted up 8 times.

you are right.  I should have kept quite.

hanks for your comment.

Cheers,

Don Emerson

Why is this even being discussed anymore? PMDG has made their views very clear. No amount of arguing on the forums is going to change that.  It's been beaten do death folks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Why is this even being discussed anymore? PMDG has made their views very clear. No amount of arguing on the forums is going to change that.  It's been beaten do death folks.

Because apparently it's easier to do than use the search function. :blink:

Richie Walsh