Sign in to follow this  
red259

How many people use EFB?

I just completed my 30 day trial of EFB and I am wondering if there are any similar products out there? While I really love the product for its simplicity in building/exporting routes as well as moving maps and the ability to pull up ils and radio frequencies in advance etc the price tag is quite high and I am wondering if there are any viable alternatives. Do many people use EFB? I fly the 737ngx almost exclusively and will probably switch over to the 777 when it comes out. 

I use it for the moving map. The flight planning is lacking, in my opinion. For that, I'm waiting for PFPX. Or perhaps Simbrief--which I'm still exploring.

I may continue to use the moving map, but if I were in your shoes, I'd probably wait for PFPX.

I tried EFB for the 30 days. But functionally I prefer FSCommander which I ave been using for some time.

So I let the 30 days expire. 

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Hmm. Have u looked at fswidgets.com? I use that one they have an iPad app and a windows or Mac app that run outside of fsx using simconnect. You choose the what to put in there, checklists or charts. You can also load the GPS map and view a moving map and you can monitor your flight from an android device too. Check em out!

Kacper Nowotynski

I presume by "EFB" you are referring to the Aivlasoft version? If so, I bought my copy quite some time ago and now consider it part of the standard equipment. I don't do an airline flights without it. Expensive? Yes. Worth every penny for me though.

- Aaron

I presume by "EFB" you are referring to the Aivlasoft version? If so, I bought my copy quite some time ago and now consider it part of the standard equipment. I don't do an airline flights without it. Expensive? Yes. Worth every penny for me though.

Yes, that is the version I am referring to. It is addictive.

The greatest asset to EFB is it makes visualising your flight a doddle. In the aircraft you could be faced with four pages of SIDS or STARS and you could spend ages trying to get the right one for your route. EFB not only tells you which runway the wind favours but it'll tell you which SID matches up with your flightplan and which STAR and approach/transition matches up with the end of it. Plus you've got ground charts, you can see where the traffic is on the ground, you've got pretty much all the information you need about frequencies, courses and altitude restrictions. Another plus is you can direct it into your active sky output folder to show you weather from anywhere without having to pause outside FSX. Plus the whole user interface is a doddle to use and really nicely designed. As you can tell, I'm a big fan.

I agree - just love the AivlaSoft EFB! Don't undertake any flight without it.

This EFB can be used on multiple computers (as you all know) but the best part for me is using the display unit on an external device like an iPad or Android tablet.

Navigating taxiways at huge airports is a lot easier too. Although other programs overlap some of its functions it's worth every penny IMO. Also has some integration with VATSIM and IVAO if thats what you are into..

I love it too.

I wish I could get it to work over a wifi network, without an Ethernet cable, just straight wifi. I think it's possible I just can't get it.

I have been using Aivlasoft for one year now and would not think of simming without it. I won't repeat all details already mentioned: ease of use, SID and STAR, taxiing at airports, moving map, networking with Display unit, weather online, and I now add the online planning with Simbrief and real life flight-plans imported from Flight Aware, it can't get much better than that. That investment is worth every penny indeed.

I never got the EFB to work properly on my ipad. Everytime I clicked on it the sound went from FSX.

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I use my iPad as an EFB when flying on FSX, but not with Aivlasoft. I am either using a licensed copy of JeppFD (Jeppesen's application with terminal and enroute charts, along with the Jeppesen Airway Manual text), or Avplan which I can slave up with FSX's position for georefrenced charts etc (However only using Avplan when doing navs in Australia as it has licensed copies of VTC's, VNC's etc for an annual price).

I use both the same app's when flying IRL aswell, so keeping up to date with them in the sim environment is quite handy.

I use my iPad as an EFB when flying on FSX, but not with Aivlasoft. I am either using a licensed copy of JeppFD (Jeppesen's application with terminal and enroute charts, along with the Jeppesen Airway Manual text), or Avplan which I can slave up with FSX's position for georefrenced charts etc (However only using Avplan when doing navs in Australia as it has licensed copies of VTC's, VNC's etc for an annual price).

I use both the same app's when flying IRL aswell, so keeping up to date with them in the sim environment is quite handy.

Awesome! How much are Jeppesen's charts?