Sign in to follow this  

Which holds the crown PMDG NGX or Majestic Q400

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the king if FSX

• PMDG NGX
    • Majestic Q400
    • Milviz 732

Before the 777 comes along which of these Aircraft currently holds the Crown for the most realistic

Commercial Aircraft In FSX. Or is it the Milviz 732?

Now I know they are all very different, lets just have some light hearted fun here.

No need to start a war over it :lol:

They're all different. They don't directly compete with each other. Whatever floats your boat as the expression goes. :) I only have the NGX but will try the others in the future after some time with the 777.

PMDG...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It is the one that best suits your type of flying. I like short haul more so the Q400 is a better fit. Those who like mid-haul would like the 737 more.

PMDG 737NGX will always be the best.

There isn't anywhere where the NGX doesn't stand out.

The Majestic Q400 really lacks quality on the textures on the exterior, and the animations on the NGX beats it by a long mile.

Until Majestic gets the Pilot version of the Q400 out that includes systems failures, the PMDG NGX has to be the winner.  Once the Pilot version is out though, it's going to be awfully close competition.

Eric Szczesniak

What happened? I looked for the "None of the above" and "Some other developer" option and didn't see them.

FWIW, I had my eyes checked earlier this year. :crazy:

What happened? I looked for the "None of the above" and "Some other developer" option and didn't see them.

FWIW, I had my eyes checked earlier this year. :crazy:

Sorry about that, my bad. it was silly to begin with like most of the stuff in the forum.

I'll see if I can edit it :unsure:

I have tons of respect for the PMDG developers, they really try to get it right. However I have to say the Majestic team got it right with the Q400, I have a friend who is a pilot for SkyWest as a Q400 pilot and even he said its about 95% right in its current state, and that's just the "lowly" pilot version. However lets take into consideration the PMDG 777 which will likely raise the bar 2x higher than current development is at. Now 1 last thing to think about is A2A Simulations; these guys are the true underdogs here, with Accu-Sim on their B377 or B17 they have more depth and challenge than 99% of all their competitors in flight sim history, they are damn good, and they have a Cessna 172 coming out soon which I will personally review and use my real aviation experiences with almost the same model (no 2 aircraft fly the same) to rate how close they got it, and I am expecting nothing short of 99.9% realism like they usually do.

So here is how I rate developers in the current state of things in Flight SImulators in general (MSFS, XPlane, ect...)

Commercial: PMDG

Regional: Majestic

General Aviation: RealAir

Classic Aircraft (Military and Civilain): A2A Simulations

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I am impressed with the Q400 undockable displays,and still they work in the VC panel,with no frame rate drop,Is that a first?

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I am impressed with the Q400 undockable displays,and still they work in the VC panel,with no frame rate drop,Is that a first?

Are you referring to just popping out the PFD, ND, FMC, etc...?  If so, the NGX does that and I don't experience any drop in FPS when popping them out.

This is a tough one for me to answer because there are so many differences, some of which have to do with the type of aircraft itself. I love the PMDG NGX and have nothing negative to say about it. PMDG really knows how to nail it every time and I have complete faith in their product. The systems depth is really something to be commended and the wonderfully modelled flight dynamics make it a dream to fly in fsx. 

Majestic Software? How can I not like their Q400. Finally a turbo-prop in FSX that behaves like the real thing. I really like how they have modelled the sounds on the Q400. Correct me if I am wrong but Majestic Software is the first to get the turbo-prop sounds and dynamics so close to the real thing. I also like how easy it is on my system. I can go anywhere without a stutter. 

So tough to answer one way or the other! Both are in my "good-books" and I would recommend to anyone to go and purchase one, the other or both B)