Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Beta Video 2 - Requests, and More Tips and Tricks

Kyle loved the video thanks man for sharing! :-) And happy birthday in advance ;-)

+++1 Kyle and Many Happy Returns. Have a blast.

The engine start sequence files sound the same in all viewing angles in FSX - thats the way MS made it, but as they start the normal engine sounds kick in as well and then you start to hear the variances in engine sound depending on the view point position.  The 777 has the most advanced 360 degrees engine sound programming I have ever seen (erm heard) - its on a completely different level to the NGX sound programming - every single degree of the 360 will give you a different audio experience.

And don't forget  .... we are still in beta - the outside engine start sounds are one of the few things left on my outstanding task list ........  :Whistle:

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Lol these people.. "i watched video on youtube and its not real"  :lol: 

@Kyle: amazing video thank you again, its a great idea to make these  ^_^

Hello,

In the video when showing us the short-cut of putting in waypoints I started getting problems now in the sense that the TO waypoint would not be the same as the flight plan. I then realised when trying to correct the TO waypoint the FMC would just give me an invalid entry and I would need to re-enter the departure airport so I could correct that problem. Any ideas?

The engine start sequence files sound the same in all viewing angles in FSX - thats the way MS made it, but as they start the normal engine sounds kick in as well and then you start to hear the variances in engine sound depending on the view point position.  The 777 has the most advanced 360 degrees engine sound programming I have ever seen (erm heard) - its on a completely different level to the NGX sound programming - every single degree of the 360 will give you a different audio experience.

And don't forget  .... we are still in beta - the outside engine start sounds are one of the few things left on my outstanding task list ........  :Whistle:

Maybe you can answer my question, or some one lese, but is the sound of a GE90-115B the same as a 110B1 as is used in the product. I'm not sure of the differences, but thought that different models might have subtle or big changes in terms of how they sound too.

Also and there I'm  less sure about that, but I believe the environment change the sound in real life, like air temperature, pressure, humidity, could have an impact on actual sound.

Hello,

can someone from the Dev Team please comment on whether or not the ECLs feature deferred items and timers?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure someone might use the SDK to give it some functionality such as receiving a gate assignment from the company, etc.

I would not expect so just yet. I agree with Kyle that this aspect of flying should get better treatment in sim (and there are indications that it is going to get a bit better), Although I do see why people do not use Hoppie system en masse - it is not integrated in sim, and not much people know about it anyway.

Back to the point though, I would not expect anything until SDK is released. For a proper modelling, one would need access to some FMS data, and while Ryan said they would like to eventually open up, it is a huge can of worms and there are reasons the system is closed (and ACARS apps cannot be made (just yet)

Thank you

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Back to the point though, I would not expect anything until SDK is released. For a proper modelling, one would need access to some FMS data, and while Ryan said they would like to eventually open up, it is a huge can of worms and there are reasons the system is closed (and ACARS apps cannot be made (just yet)

I haven't heard this yet. Are you sure you didn't misread (like I did the first time) Ryan's post regarding CDU I/O that would allow external CDUs? Maybe I read it right the first time and then confused myself  :unsure:

RE: You're chat regarding routes (V44 -> V229 -> V44)....

Ahh, yes the good ol' FAA Flight Data Processor messing the routes up..

Love when I see some absolute random PBD (Place Bearing Distance) at the start of the route which is no-where near the origin. Obvious that ATC has given a direct and the system has generated that new point on the flightplan. It would be nice if FlightAware managed to just get the original AFTN message sent through (Like they are doing with their Australian data feed from Airservices).

....PS: loved your reenactment of FSBuild ###### (although they aren't as bad as those selected few that use rfinder...I swear that thing couldn't generate a more incorrect route) :He He:

I haven't heard this yet. Are you sure you didn't misread (like I did the first time) Ryan's post regarding CDU I/O that would allow external CDUs? Maybe I read it right the first time and then confused myself 

I am confused by your post. Ryan said that, quote,

some basic CDU functionality is on the list for the future but as I was saying it's a very delicate process,

this is a direct answer to my question about letting some FMC variables be read (read only) - exactly for purposes of applications such as CPDLC and company datalink (basically from FMC we would need stuff like DEP&DEST airports, DEST ETA, last, current and next waypoints and ETAs. I have a list here somewhere.) I hope we will see access eventually, but I think not yet. Allowing routing AOC and CPDLC messages to EICAS screen would be very nice, but a standalone gauge with access to read these would be nice for starters.

Ahh, didn't read that post properly; my bad.