Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Another "FSX has stopped Working"

I just decided to take a look at the dll.xml file and found this:

<Name>Captain Sim 737 Sound</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Captain_Sim\737\cs.sound.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>-<Launch.Addon><Name>VistaMare Core</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

Just wondering..if this could cause the problem.?

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Carl

At this point your "Flight Simulator X Files" folder should be empty or only contain SafeFSX.FLT and SafeFSX.WX, no other files please.
The
logbook.bin file will be recreated by FSX when/if we ever manage to get your FSX to start up again. Use a clean dll.xml and delete or rename your fsx.cfg

About your error message:

It shows Exception code: 0xc0000005, it is a System Error Code, it means ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED sometimes called "0xc0000005 Access violation"

These errors are hard to track as there can be a plethora of causes. Range is from simple file access permission, bad hardware driver, a corrupted registry, corrupted memory all the way up to a faulty memory stick. A simple LoadModule() or OpenProcess() called from FSX -> ui.dll when it starts can fail,  It can also might be related to not “unblocking” (see option One) the zip file you downloaded for your CS737 addon prior to installing it.

Bottom line is we don’t know what/who is causing ui.dll to throw the exception, and we can´t debug FSX. So finding the cause might be long time consuming.
See this for some other causes of 0xc0000005 Access violation

Running a Registry Cleaner or setting permissions might do the trick, but then again they might not. We are blinded.

If that does not work and at this point in time (48 hours since your OP) I must agree with Richard, it is time to think about a full clean install.
(Don’t get me wrong I am a coder/debugger and would love to keep going until you nail it, but it is not for me to use your time)

If you decide to reinstall follow Jim’s advice.

Note:

I am truly interested as to what exactly happened as all you were doing was trying to install a gauge, a simple operation, and then you could not get into fsx. I have never seen anything like this one before!

As Jim I am also intrested to know what went wrong. Can you post a link to where you got the file from?.

Cheers.

We all live and learn Carl - we have all been there takes time to master all of this but I think you are on the right track, real pain to reinstall but thats fsx for you lol to many things going on, one wrong move can result in a big problem just try to remember what you do in the future before doing it so you can undo it easily,  a restore will never clean this mess up - start fresh get those disks out and have some hours of fun.

The file is from the user library at CS you need to own the product to get it or I would have all ready downloaded it.

Rich Sennett

There's the possibility that either your anti virus or anti malware has decided to block a file from being loaded? I would check quarantine logs if your anti virus/malware functions are set to Auto.

Also check firewall logs. From reading this thread it seems that you've covered a ton of possibilities so, three more shouldn't cause any more heartburn.

Thanks guys for all your help. I agree we have spent way to much time on this. My last post was interesting to find the cs 737 still in the dll file but we have also tried a complete redo of almost all the files and nothing changed. Will reset everything back as suggested in the 6 point plan and see if it will work one more time. If it doesn't I might as well try deleted each air craft one at time since I have to uninstall fsx anyway.

Thanks for your patience I have learned a lot from your help. Maybe I can help others even with my limited computer knowledge.

Best regards and happy flying. Hey I still have FS9.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I bought CS 732 at the recent yard sale and spent 1/2 a day installing the modification you talked about and many more. All the mods and fixes work great for my 732 and no side affects in FSX. I'm sure you backed up the original FSX gauge folder ? That's the only folder in that modification that's not exclusive to the 732. If you haven't already, perhaps try taking the modified gauge folder out and replacing it with the original ( if you backed it up). Just a thought.

Brian-

Carl

Did you get the file from the AVSIM library? if so which one is it?

v-one_737_complete.zip or v-one_301230.zip

Carl

Did you get the file from the AVSIM library? if so which one is it?

v-one_737_complete.zip or v-one_301230.zip

Those are the ones that were installed. One was an update. After installation I was able to get to default page and then went to change the Baron to the CS 737 to try out the new v-one files but the 737s were no longer present. Went back to free flight and exited out to check why there was no 737s. Re-read the v-one installation instructions to make sure everything was correct, which it was as far as I could tell. Started FSX up with no problem to free flight and the default aircraft. Went back to change to 737 and still no 737. Hit Cancel and went back to default and that is when I got a beep and everything froze up. Ctrl-alt-del and end fsx. Restarted FSX and that is when got fatal error FSX will not start. I then proceeded to uninstall cs 737 and and after uninstall tried FSX again and same message. After trying all the suggestions to date nothing has changed except my stress (lol).

Carl

&nbsp;

I bought CS 732 at the recent yard sale and spent 1/2 a day installing the modification you talked about and many more. All the mods and fixes work great for my 732 and no side affects in FSX. I'm sure you backed up the original FSX gauge folder ? That's the only folder in that modification that's not exclusive to the 732. If you haven't already, perhaps try taking the modified gauge folder out and replacing it with the original ( if you backed it up). Just a thought.

&nbsp;

Brian-

&nbsp;

Brian,

No I didn't back up the gauge folder since there was only one gauge file to install so I figured it would not be a problem (at that time). And during all of this I have deleted CS 737 and the gauge, fonts, etc from all the other folders in FSX. Before I added these changes I really didn't have any problems with the CS737. Obviously this add on does work since many like it. I guess somewhere I have made a big mistake. I will search again through all the nearby files to make I didn't mistakenly added something in a wrong folder. If I remember correctly it was a sound file.

dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau

I have run CCleaner and the registry analyzer. Nothing major found but I proceeded to let CC fix all the possible errors.

Carl

Ok try this as a last resource:

There are 2 files that can be causing this are:

FSX\Gauges\dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau and FSX:\Sound\segoepr.ttf

Go to their location -> Select each one and Right click -> Select Properties
Under their general Tab if you see an "UNBLOCK" button (Lower right) then click it to unblock them files. Otherwise close properties

Move those files somewhere else. Please note that segoepr.ttf is a Font and Windows might have already registered it, so removing or moving it might not be easy and can cause trouble.

There were also 3 xml files under \SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B737-200\panel\V-One but those should have been removed when you removed the CS373 from Aircraft.

As for the 3 bmp files and the .wav files they might also be "blocked", but they should not (in principle) interfere with FSX if you are not using the gauge and plane.

If that does not work I’ll try to help tomorrow.

That is a lot of fan-dangling to get this mod to work really need to be on top of your game - one would have to do a computer sharing session to sort thru to see what might might have been tweaked incorrectly, they could use Their own fsx folder structure as reference

Do a search for all of the files and see if you missed one - dont try to look for it just search for every file from that addon

Just thought maybe you deleted something that was not from that addon ? (a file that was part of fsx before all of this happened)

Did you start uinstall addons 1 by 1 you do not mention that you have done this yet this may find the culprit not sure why you have not done this yet it has saved my arse a few times.

Rich Sennett

I just decided to take a look at the dll.xml file and found this:

<Name>Captain Sim 737 Sound</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>Captain_Sim\737\cs.sound.dll</Path></Launch.Addon>-<Launch.Addon><Name>VistaMare Core</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

Just wondering..if this could cause the problem.?

Hi Carl,

I do not see where any of us answered this question directly.  If you uninstalled the CS737 this is what is left over in your dll.xml.  If you are an expert at editing xml files, then you can simply remove those entries.  You can also change the line "Disabled>False<Disabled" to Disabled>True<Disabled.  Then it will not load when you start up FSX.

It shows Exception code: 0xc0000005, it is a System Error Code, it means ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED sometimes called "0xc0000005 Access violation"

Just trying to keep the records straight but the 005 Exception is actually called a Memory_Access_Violation.  It is quite common with most crashes, not just with FSX, but with other software too.  The app is trying to load something, can't find it so it shuts down the app.  The defaulting module is the most important thing in a crash report especially if it shows up multiple times.  If different dynamic libraries are crashing, then it could be an issue with the system memory. 

One of the other things we have been finding involving app crashes is the system sharing issue.  If a user is not allowed access to a file by an Administrator, you will see crashes too.  This is why a lot of people have downloaded and ran Take_Ownership - http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/windows-7-access-denied-permission-ownership/ and http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/.

I totally agree with everything else you said.  It's great to have guys like you, Rich, Zeljko, Ramon, and others helping out. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In my previous post I misread and miswrote “sometimes called "0xc0000005 Access violation"  I was wrong. Wish I could edit that post =(

Actually Jim we were both wrong. Carl's error was 0xC0000005L not 5L

These are the correct values.

// From ntstatus.h -- Constant definitions for the NTSTATUS values.

// The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
#define STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION          ((NTSTATUS)0xC0000005L)    // winnt

// From (winerror.h --  error code definitions for the Win32 API functions)

// Access is denied.
#define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED              5L

Cheers.

I'm sure you've done this already, but on the off chance.. Make sure when you uninstall CS737 that there is no folder left behind in the simobjects/airplane folder, if there is it will just re incorporate the old files with any fresh install. I'm sure you've tried running fsx without the aircraft though.

Ramón,

Thanks for your continued help. Just to let you know I removed all the V-one 737 files a few days ago, which included FSX\Gauges\dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau but could not find the FSX:\Sound\segoepr.ttf. when I uninstalled the CS 737.

Jim et.all

I tried to think out the box sort of today just to see if I could get FSX to run longer that 3- 5seconds on start up. I removed the gauge folder then the aircraft folder just to see if I could get some other reaction on start up. Nothing doing! It has a mind of its own no change what so ever. Checked for malware and found a few things but no change, CCleaner fixed all my registry problems except FSX (LOL).

Went back and retried a few things that were already mentioned before.

Jim,

I printed out the PMDG instructions on "uninstall and Reinstall" soooo things are getting close. I just dread going back and trying to find all my codes and registrations for the stuff I installed over the last 4 or 5 years. About 3 years ago I had FSX on a USB HD. Had no problems. When I bought this computer I reinstalled FSX. I still have that HD with an older version of FSX. Wonder if I tried transferring some of those files over would be worth a shot. As you can see I am starting to get desperate. That FSX was running on XP.

Yep, Rich you are about ready to say "I told You So you would be up on the new install by now." But hey! aren't you having fun helping out a Senior Citizen.(lol)

Regards to all,

In my previous post I miswrote “sometimes called "0xc0000005 Access violation"  I was wrong. Wish I could edit that post =(

Actually Jim we were both wrong. Carl's error was 0xC0000005L not 5L

These are the correct values.

// From ntstatus.h -- Constant definitions for the NTSTATUS values.

// The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

#define STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION          ((NTSTATUS)0xC0000005L)    // winnt

// From (winerror.h --  error code definitions for the Win32 API functions)

// Access is denied.

#define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED              5L

Cheers.

Ramón,

That is good to know, but since as you know I am illiterate on that kinda stuff. I guess it means I have a problem. (lOL)

Carl