Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Will you be flying right away?

what i would personally do is load up the T7 in a gate in heathrow . look at the vc for a while then empty ALL payload and leave some fuel of course . line up with the runway then set FULL thrust and see how the engines can take it up to 10'000 ft in 2 minutes haha (im dreaming right now)

I'll read the Introduction Manual before doing a flight.  From there, I'll probably do a shorter hop like ORD-LAX before going LAX-HNL or Hong Kong.

I wish people would at least read the Introduction Manual before their flights, otherwise this forum is going to be inundated (not that it won't anyway) with topics of basic questions that the manual answers.  Heck, we still get those posts today even with the NGX.

I'll first power up the aircraft electrically and get the engines running. Then it's off to low-speed taxi tests, and gradually increasing taxi speeds to get a feel for it on the ground.

Then there will be high-speed taxi tests and aborted takeoff simulations, checking out autobrake, reversers, spoilers etc. Maybe also accelerate to a bit below nominal rotation speed and pull back on the yoke to get a feel for pitch response during rotation, before slowing down again.

Then, when everything is ready, it's time for the first flight, in Boeing house colours of course if they are available, doing a flight starting and ending at the same airport and testing out various systems on the way, first flying manually and get a feel for responses etc., then enabe the autopilot. The first part of the flight will be in takeoff configuration, before I methodically retract the gear and flaps (notch by notch) and check out the aircraft at different speeds and configurations from takeoff config to clean.

After the checkout ride, I'll return back to base and again slowly and methodically extend more and more flaps as well as the landing gear and get a feel for the handling of the aircraft at speeds going down toward approach speed, before making a (hopefully) perfect landing on this historic moment of the first flight.

All this will be recorded in FSRecorder so that I can fly chase in another aircraft later.

I won't be using Boeing Field though, mostly due to framerate issues in Seattle, so I'll be using KVCV - Southern California Logistics Airport in Victorville due to its incredibly long runway, which allows me to ease the aircraft down slowly and carefully for the first landing, and also to do rejected takeoff tests etc.

But a first flight should be treated like a real first flight, and I'll unpack this thing slowly starting with taxi trials at gradually increasing speeds before the big day of the first flight.

I'll read the Introduction Manual before doing a flight.

This would be a sound investment.

I can't wait to see all the stupid stuff people post because they didn't read that intro manual...

Kyle Rodgers

With existing knowledge of the 737 NGX and other AC as well, it shouldn't be that hard get it started , plug data into the FMC, coordinate AP functions with the MCP,  and do a flight.

But the real value of this plane will be understanding what's going on under the hood, understanding how and why this model is perhaps different from other T7 sims, exploring and really learning the AC as I'm sure this model will allow users to do like no other. That will take a lot of time,research, and studying manuals I'm sure. But again, I feel that's where the real value lies.

I think Kyles video will be a great starting point to get up and do a flight from Point A to Point B, and then some.

Brian Green

With existing knowledge of the 737 NGX and other AC as well, it shouldn't be that hard get it started , plug data into the FMC, coordinate AP functions with the MCP,  and do a flight.

Gotta be careful with that, though, because there are enough differences to trip you up.

I think Kyles video will be a great starting point to get up and do a flight from Point A to Point B, and then some.

haha - thanks!  It's at least a good way to find all the settings!

Kyle Rodgers

Gotta be careful with that, though, because there are enough differences to trip you up.

Oh yes, I'm planning on a few head scratchers to start. Thanks for the warning. It's the learning process and discoveries that will make this AC fun.

Brian-

I will be watching a few of the videos that have been posted but I will for the first flight as much as I want to blast off on a long distance flight.

1. No AP flights to get familiar holding altitude and airspeed at high and low speeds.

2. No AP Approaches

3. Stalls/Steep Turns and Emergency Situations.

Then blast off on my first long-distance flight.

I love reading these manuals, especially the intro one and designer notes that provide insight into the gestation/development of the product.

spacer.png

I would say i love the details in the manuals but first of all i look forward to take it for the first flight to se how well it fly

Best Lars N.

If it is like the NGX and other high-quality aircraft like the Majestic  Dash 8 and the PMDG 747-400, the ONLY and MAJOR problem is the autopilot, which requires some FMC programming to work, especially for autolanding. In each of the planes mentioned, I had no problem taking off (flaps 5 and full throttle), flying around the airport  30 km away at 3500 feet, and landing the plane manually assuming that the landing speed would be around 150 knots. I think that any  simulator experienced with airliners should be able to do that. (Before someone jumps on me, I point out that doing this with an airliner fully loaded with passengers and fuel  could be risky to say the least). If you want to think that you are a good pilot, do this at SFO without losing your tail at the end of the runway when landing...

After doing that, I then spend days trying to learn the tutorials and deciding with parts of the 4000-page manuals I should read.

Henri Arsenault

1) Read the Introduction Manual

2) Have a look around the cockpit, start + shutdown the engines a few times

3) Taxi & RTO's

4) Conduct flight test using this 'worksheet': http://safetyfactorzero.com/pub/PMDG772-check-flight.pdf

5) KPAE circuit 

*Send to the repaint hangar to get the British Airways livery painted on* 

6) KPAE - KJFK - EGKK - EGCC

7) Take a well earned rest :)

----

Luke G

I'm not gonna fly it or read the manuals, I am just gonna place it in front of the maintenance hanger in Montreal and stare at in disbelief that I actually have a fully functional Boeing triple seven built by PMDG. MIght do that for an hour or two.... :)

1) Read the Introduction Manual

2) Have a look around the cockpit, start + shutdown the engines a few times

3) Taxi & RTO's

4) Conduct flight test using this 'worksheet': http://safetyfactorz...heck-flight.pdf

5) KPAE circuit

*Send to the repaint hangar to get the British Airways livery painted on*

What he said. I'll be with FedEx though. Freighters have a better MEL. :spiteful:

I didn't see a chromate green livery in Froogle's list for the 200F. Anybody heard if it's included?

What he said. I'll be with FedEx though. Freighters have a better MEL. :spiteful:

I didn't see a chromate green livery in Froogle's list for the 200F. Anybody heard if it's included?

Ryan (or Rob, one of them.. ) said before that we'll get the unpainted green for all of the PMDG provided liveries (i.e. only the back of the rudder painted, the way they come off the line)

Steve Caffey