Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Will you be flying right away?

It is not used by pilots to recover from a stall.

Never said it was.  It's protection.  I really should have picked a different video but...IRON MAIDEN! 

Pilots are taught to avoid stalling them and to recognize a stall before it happens.

Usually to train for that a stall should be done.  No?  Flight testers would for sure, but is the idea that a pilot training on the 777 should have enough training stalling in other aircraft that it isn't needed to go fully stalled in a bigger airframe?  

Read "handling the big jets". It will tell you all you need to know about the stalling characteristics of a swept wing. A dry read indeed but I recommend it. 

I will smell the tires as I walk around each bay and poke my head in for a peek... Take in all the smells, sounds and beauty of the fine craftsmanship from PMDG and Boeing. I will slowly walk up the jet way stairs glancing at her beautiful side profile with her wing extended out over the safety zone. Ok, damn right I am going to spend the next two days having an affair with her...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Since its a PMDG 777 and its going to be the next best thing to the real thing , I wont go through the tutorials ,

I will just be familiarising myself with the aircraft and all its capabilities, system by system, from the 777CBT I borrowed from my uncle  ^_^

and I am already 2 weeks into it :)

Actually, I wont be flying it at all. I'm having mine torn apart, and the fuselage shipped up to Montana where it will be turned into a bed and breakfast :yahoo:

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I will just be familiarising myself with the aircraft and all its capabilities, system by system, from the 777CBT I borrowed from my uncle  ^_^

Wish I could find someone who could lend me those CBT. I just searched a bit ant it's just like it few hundreds bucks. I'm done with the full

FCOM and FCTM for quite sometime.

I like to think I balance out my mean posts with carebears (Kyle's specialty) so I'm not losing any sleep over it.

haha - the only difference is that you don't normally catch me calling people names (heck, in most of my posts I even try to avoid the word "you" to avoid putting people on the defensive...more than I already do anyway...)  I mean, I've done it, especially when posts get ridiculous and names get tossed in my direction, but I try to avoid it.

I definitely agree with you that, depending on your dynamic with friends, names are simply a joking thing of endearment.  My roommate sent me a postcard from his trip out to CA and addressed it to Kyle "Common Courtesy" Rodgers, which is a joke we've had for a while because he knows it bothers me (my father always used to say "common courtesy dictates that..." when trying to give me some life lesson about something).  Of course, I responded "thanks for the postcard, [the same word you used]" and he knew I actually appreciated it, but that's only because of an understood dynamic between us.  I don't really have that with too many people here.

Kyle Rodgers

the only difference is that you don't normally catch me calling people names

Haha oh that's just one of the many differences between us Kyle.  I'm an a-hole.  Proud of it.  Gets things done.  Anyway. staying on topic, Kyle, will you be flying her right away?  :He He:

Haha oh that's just one of the many differences between us Kyle. I'm an a-hole. Proud of it. Gets things done. Anyway. staying on topic, Kyle, will you be flying her right away? :He He:

I had a supervisor use rough language with me once, just once and I walked out the door only to be hired by the competition that same week lol

I had a supervisor use rough language with me once, just once and I walked out the door only to be hired by the competition that same week lol

You gotta be nice to an extent, but when you build relationships with people (not that I'm trying to here - it might happen, probably not) you can usually get away with lots of stuff depending on the relationship, but yeah man never let a super put you down.  Good job.  I love it when people have a really crappy boss that thinks the employee is disposable only to have them quit and kick their former workplace's &@($* at the competition.   

NGX seems fairly similair to 777. So setting this plane up so you don't get T/O config warning shouldn't be too hard. Then just gonna hand fly her over vegas to get a feel for the flight characteristics.

Tamati

Never said it was.  It's protection.  I really should have picked a different video but...IRON MAIDEN!

With great respect, Craig, that's exactly what you said back in post #59.  It is indeed all about stall protection.

Nothing wrong with Bruce's video though. :)

Usually to train for that a stall should be done.  No?  Flight testers would for sure, but is the idea that a pilot training on the 777 should have enough training stalling in other aircraft that it isn't needed to go fully stalled in a bigger airframe?

Yes, pretty much.  Certainly stalls are never done while training on the real aircraft. It's difficult to train properly in the sim because the aerodynamic data available is not sufficient to accurately simulate post stall behaviour.  Any stall recovery in the simulator would not be guaranteed to be representative of what the aircraft will do.  So what you learn could be misleading or dangerous, as happened with the AA flight 587 over New York.

For training to recognise the stall they need only go to stick shaker, initial buffet, or perhaps stall warning. You don't need to fully stall the sim, just go near enough to get the warning signs.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Think I'll do this: take-off, straight & level get a feel for pitch,bank & trim, 30° & steep-turns, slow-flight in clean & landing config, stalls, touch&go's, go-arounds, climbing & descending turns to headings, x-wind landings. 

some instrument maneuver work-

start at 5000' 220kts bank 30° v/s -1000',

passing 4000' reverse the turn, hold 30°, v/s -1000, 220kts

approaching 3000'(don't go below) reverse bank,hold 30° v/s +1000' 220kts

passing 4000' reverse bank, hold speed v/s, bank

approaching 5000' reverse bank, v/s -1000, hold speed & bank

repeat a few times with different numbers but the same principle

single eng. landings, chandelles, tactical landings......I think that will do for getting a general feeling on handflying characteristics :Whistle: