Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Question on PMDG's plans for 777 release

T-6 days lol

I do sincerely hope so...cause a post from RSR would really stir things up.In fact i did wake up hoping to read a post on the forum...  :mellow:

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Hopefully. We could always tighten things down further. You know, like allowing access to the forums for only those  members that have been here 3 years or longer. :rolleyes:

No, 1 year and 11 months please. :LMAO:

Hopefully. We could always tighten things down further. You know, like allowing access to the forums for only those  members that have been here 3 years or longer. :rolleyes:

And hitting the "Donate" button will ensure premium membership with guaranteed forum access even during PMDG T7 release ...   :ph34r:

Hopefully. We could always tighten things down further. You know, like allowing access to the forums for only those members that have been here 3 years or longer.

Or instead of years, we could limit it to those who have at least 586 posts :P

Chris Sunseri

Most likely a warning to give us a rough timeframe, and I'd expect at the very last minute of that timeframe the product will be released.

The process would typically be (from the NGX experience)

• RSR making an announcement of a very rough timeframe, in the resolution of days
  • Hundreds of replies to that post saying thanks etc
  • Hundreds of potential customer read into every punctuation of RSR's post and find dictionary or other credible source of reference to define this timeframe; ie. what a day means, what time frame we are talking, speculations on when during the day it is etc
  • At the end of the rough timeframe, the AVSIM becomes EXTREMELY slow
  • Once released, PMDG website and AVSIM are virtually unresponsive, and something like 12-hours later, you can actually expect to access a page where you can make a purchase (given that no competitors are trying to take PMDG servers down again)
  • After your credit card info has been submitted, and you are awaiting for a confirmation email, a second feels like a day...
Something like that...

Haha, awesome Posting!

(given that no competitors are trying to take PMDG servers down again)

Never heard that.  Sources?

spacer.png

Hopefully,it will be before I have to take my 6 months long trip on the road for work, where hotels have crappy internet connections and some don't even have the internet. That would really blow it for me.  Alright beta testers time to share the goods, LOL. JUst kidding before the sour heads on here start with rants of"it's ready when it's ready". Some guys have no humor at all!

Never heard that.  Sources?

I'd imagine that if there was information regarding the people responsible it's internally know to PMDG staff. I don't recall there being definitive proof released pointing a finger at the alleged. If I remember correctly, it was let known that the attacks came from China and then assumptions were that it must be a competitor. Fact remains, directly following the NGX release came the DDoS attacks.

That's how I remember it going down anyways.

Most likely a warning to give us a rough timeframe, and I'd expect at the very last minute of that timeframe the product will be released.

The process would typically be (from the NGX experience)

1. RSR making an announcement of a very rough timeframe, in the resolution of days
  2. Hundreds of replies to that post saying thanks etc
  3. Hundreds of potential customer read into every punctuation of RSR's post and find dictionary or other credible source of reference to define this timeframe; ie. what a day means, what time frame we are talking, speculations on when during the day it is etc
  4. At the end of the rough timeframe, the AVSIM becomes EXTREMELY slow
  5. Once released, PMDG website and AVSIM are virtually unresponsive, and something like 12-hours later, you can actually expect to access a page where you can make a purchase (given that no competitors are trying to take PMDG servers down again)
  6. After your credit card info has been submitted, and you are awaiting for a confirmation email, a second feels like a day...

Something like that...

Meanwhile... the wise amongst us will be sitting back, chuckling to ourselves at the shenanigans, waiting a few days for the dust to settle.

Then we'll jump in and download the T7 with ease.

Meanwhile... the wise amongst us will be sitting back, chuckling to ourselves at the shenanigans, waiting a few days for the dust to settle.

Then we'll jump in and download the T7 with ease.

ain-t-nobody-got-time-fo-dat-sweet-brown

I am sure PMDG want to get it released as soon as possible.  Also, I am sure they have a dead line to get this product into the market place.  Just relax guys you haven't spent any money yet, so don't worry too much.

Mo45

... or lowly, hard working, staff ???

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg