Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

PFPX To Release Within the Hour

Please dont put me on the spot, i meant Bye for now, i still reserve the right to come back on this thread to ask many more questions before i flush 50 euros :ph34r:

I wasn't putting you on the spot....just being polite.....nobody else acknowledged your leaving....

Just buy it. I did. I havent used it yet but it certainly looks like its the bees knees 

Does PFPX mean i no longer have to rely on As2102 for wind component, cause that will really sell it for me, cause i can easily get rid of excel sheet then. Anyway ill find out 50 Euros later

If I remember reading correctly, PFPX can provide its own winds aloft, but you have to pay a subscription fee for it every 365 days or something (the first 365 days is included when you purchase the program though, fortunately). If you don't want to pay the subscription fee later, you can have it import wind data from whatever Wx engine you use.

Look more into it though, this is purely from memory.

Hi all,

Having fun with the PFPX?

I'm having problems with mine, am I the only one?

Downloaded on release day and installed fine, took a while to activate it but no problem really there either. Then I get an error message about graphic card doesn't support 256x256 textures, weird I thought! as my screen in something like 1920x1080!!

Anyway looked on here and found a link saying download a beta driver for ATI cards and with some help from the developer managed to get PFPX working, woohoo. Being Midnight I called it a day!

This morning bright and early I fired up the PC and set up my route KEWR to KMEM in PFPX and fired up FSX, REX and wow, I get windowed fsx with the top and bottom bars but just a black screen in between...........All the exit screens show and the free flight options but no views!

I tried a number of options and got graphics using the DX10 preview option in fsx but don't like that as the runways are all flickery and not nice, also with the PFPX working too, woohoo. Also tried downloading the old graphics driver from ATI but it doesn't seem to allow me to backdate a driver. So unable to get back to my old trusted fsx graphics settings, which I might add were 100% reliable before PFPX.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to get everything back as it was.

This is not intended as a rant against a developer but serious help to solve a problem, as I think the PFPX is a great tool but wondering if it's just not compatible on my PC.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

For the PMDG 737-800 the calculations were PERFECT! I will test the Majestic Q400 now. What a great software!!!

I purchased it this morning and did two flights in the pmdg ngx. One in the -700 and one in the -800 both were spot on. The flight plan called for 4400 pounds left at my destination. By the time I shut down at the gate I had 4500 pounds left.  I enjoyed comparing my actual fuel on board to the flight plan at each way point. Spot on the entire way!

Maybe I am just dumb but the one thing I can't seem to resolve in my mind is how you work with the aircraft weights.  As an example you create a new aircraft, say United 737-800...no problem, you select the equipment, hopefully you know what it is in terms of engines, and then generate the flight plan, fuel plan.  Ok all is great, but now how do you know that the empty aircraft weights match what is in your PMDG Aircraft cfg?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi all,

Downloaded on release day and installed fine, took a while to activate it but no problem really there either. Then I get an error message about graphic card doesn't support 256x256 textures, weird I thought! as my screen in something like 1920x1080!!

Anyway looked on here and found a link saying download a beta driver for ATI cards and with some help from the developer managed to get PFPX working, woohoo. Being Midnight I called it a day!

This morning bright and early I fired up the PC and set up my route KEWR to KMEM in PFPX and fired up FSX, REX and wow, I get windowed fsx with the top and bottom bars but just a black screen in between...........All the exit screens show and the free flight options but no views!

I tried a number of options and got graphics using the DX10 preview option in fsx but don't like that as the runways are all flickery and not nice, also with the PFPX working too, woohoo. Also tried downloading the old graphics driver from ATI but it doesn't seem to allow me to backdate a driver. So unable to get back to my old trusted fsx graphics settings, which I might add were 100% reliable before PFPX.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how to get everything back as it was.

This is not intended as a rant against a developer but serious help to solve a problem, as I think the PFPX is a great tool but wondering if it's just not compatible on my PC.

"Also tried downloading the old graphics driver from ATI but it doesn't seem to allow me to backdate a driver"

did you actually try rolling back in Device manager? I would do that and if that didnt work then use system restore

ZORAN

Maybe I am just dumb but the one thing I can't seem to resolve in my mind is how you work with the aircraft weights.  As an example you create a new aircraft, say United 737-800...no problem, you select the equipment, hopefully you know what it is in terms of engines, and then generate the flight plan, fuel plan.  Ok all is great, but now how do you know that the empty aircraft weights match what is in your PMDG Aircraft cfg?

You make them match. Since you know what your pmdgs ZFW is because youve looked at the fmc you can manually change the zero fuel weight in pfpx before you generate the flight plan.  You can also change the cargo and passengers in PFPX if you would like.  I just do it the easy way and just adjust the ZFW which in turn causes PFPX to adjust the payload to match the ZFW you want. If you have trouble finding it I'll see if I can post a screenshot. In PFPX the aircraft empty weights already match the pmdg. The empty weight is the weight of the aircraft with no payload and no fuel, this does not change. What does change is the Zero fuel weight. This is the weight of the airplane and payload with no fuel.

"Also tried downloading the old graphics driver from ATI but it doesn't seem to allow me to backdate a driver"

did you actually try rolling back in Device manager? I would do that and if that didnt work then use system restore

Hi Zoran,

I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues.

I'm going to try your suggestions this morning, didn't know if a system restore back to a past point would also include things like the graphics driver or not?

Also wondering why this only seems to show in FSX the rest of my system seems fine, wondering if there is a setting in the FSX cfg file that might need altering too?

Anyway thanks for the reply, guess I might be in touch with Flightsimsoft during the day too, lol.

Regards.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi all,

windows System restore might have a restore point just before you installed the beta ATI driver yesterday

I wasn't putting you on the spot....just being polite.....nobody else acknowledged your leaving....

Just buy it. I did. I havent used it yet but it certainly looks like its the bees knees 

Sorry my sense of humour is not one of my strongest points, but i assure you i can fly very well.

I am already sold on this one, just been too busy to make the purchase. As a mainly longhaul heavy iron simmer PFPX is an easy sell for me.

I also have the FS Commander 9.2 as well as the EFB. Both do route planning and moving map.

Thanks for this info helps to know,

Hi simmer,

Yep system restore point cured my problem and got my flight sim back up and working, although I did uninstall the PFPX first. Tried a fresh download of the PFPX and trying to cure the "mfc110.dlll" file nonexistant  error now.

It's getting closer.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Heads up PFPX v1.03 is now available on the FlightSimSoft.com website!!!

No changelog yet, sorry.

think the  change log is  only  for  activation issues  and  installation issues
Edit this was posted in the forum  on the update

In PFPX browser tab we posted, that the update is for install and activation issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg