Sign in to follow this  
sourwop

The big surprise

I'm probably wrong, but I'm guessing it's an animated cargo loading system that works in conjunction with Ground Ops. There have been a few screenshots showing loaders and containers, then again I've never used GSX, they may have been from that.

Does that meet the definition of outside, Kyle?

The ground equipment in those screenshots looks quite a lot like the ground equipment in GSX.

Ciáran: The Surprise does not involve sounds, Ryan confirmed that much himself.

Ciáran: The Surprise does not involve sounds, Ryan confirmed that much himself.

Oh, well thanks for pointing this out (didn't see it  :P

Let's recap:

1. The surprise is on the outside.

2. Since is Kyle is so generous to respond most suggestions with a clear no, I can deduce two things:

2a. The surprise involves a function performed by the plane, not known about by the general public.

OR

2b. The surprise is something so stupendously obvious, we're just overlooking it.

Nope, not sound related!

Oh...That's bad..cause your great at music !...Anyways...hope the surprise is cool !! 

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

But it is not the folding wings option? :ph34r:  (Yes, I know, it was never ordered by any airline...)

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

But it is not the folding wings option? :ph34r: (Yes, I know, it was never ordered by any airline...)

Is that an optioneel for real?

Is that an optioneel for real?

It was supposed to be an option, airlines never ordered it. Pretty sure the Boeing 777-8X and 9X will have them as standard

Rob Prest

It's not an option today, Boeing decided not to go through with the design of it, because nobody was interested in it.

The proposed design was pretty complex. If I remember it correctly, part of the aileron and flaps were supposed to fold up together with the wingtip. This made it very hard to get the trust of airlines that they wouldn't be maintenance intensive.

The new design, as far as we know, does not include any moving flight control surface. It's "just" a wingtip that folds up. By making it simpler, Boeing made airlines more interested.

PMDG Operations Center? ;)

ding ding ding we have a winner

regards,

Alexander Marx

So the operations center just a repaint installer and config manager? Because I remember seeing this thing before....

IfnOwQ4.jpg

It's not an option today, Boeing decided not to go through with the design of it, because nobody was interested in it.
The proposed design was pretty complex. If I remember it correctly, part of the aileron and flaps were supposed to fold up together with the wingtip. This made it very hard to get the trust of airlines that they wouldn't be maintenance intensive.
The new design, as far as we know, does not include any moving flight control surface. It's "just" a wingtip that folds up. By making it simpler, Boeing made airlines more interested.

I heard about this as well, these days everyone wanted ever wider wings, but they won't fit the existing gates and taxiways. The A380 got into a few taxiing accidents with their wingtips.

The problem with this is that they add a lot of weight with structural reinforcements, and requires complex systems.