Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

A2A Cessna 172 now available

I can't wiggle the left and right flaps, the fuel draining seems too do nothing. The only things that work for me are checking the fuel and oil levels, wiggling the trim pad, checking pitot, locking the fuselage, and the visual inpections. The things I haven't mentioned also doesn't work(can't remember what it was right now). So yeah I find it abit useless at the moment.

E.g the fuel draining only shows a pretty picture but pressing drain fuel doesn't do anything...Maybe Im doing something wrong, dunno, maybe they can put up a video on how to doe the preflight check because I can't get a lot of things to work...

I had the same confusion at first but it's really simple: with a lot of the walk around options you first should LOOK and if you see something is wrong you should take ACTION by pressing an action icon. So certainly in the beginning a lot of Action icons won't do anything because all is fine!

Like the draining: when you get to that point, click on the Drain icon and when you see a photo of beautiful light blue fuel... then you know everything is fine and that's it. However, when you see the fuel is contaminated (you will see a different picture!), THEN you have to take action, like Drain more (or go to the Hangar to solve things thoroughly). And so it goes for a lot of actions!

About the flaps not moving: you have to LOWER them first!!! As you would in real life. So I was told yesterday LOL The checklist tells you to do so to. (The Walk around should be done in between the Cabin part and the Before Engine Start part.)

So nothing is wrong with your setup: everything is working. The 'problem' only is your plane is in a good shape!  ^_^

or water draining if there is water in the jar.

Yes I have water in the Jar but pressing drain more doesn't do anything, problem is I don't know if I have drained it or not. What should happen when I press drain more?. And shouldn't the flaps animate when I wiggle it, just like the trim tab?

Like the draining: when you get to that point, click on the Drain icon and when you see a photo of beautiful light blue fuel... then you know everything is fine and that's it. However, when you see the fuel is contaminated (you will see a different picture!), THEN you have to take action, like Drain more (or go to the Hangar to solve things thoroughly).

Ah ok, so that's a user error from me. Oops I did it again :mellow:(I often shoot first and ask afterwords, need to learn not to do that)

Ah I have to lower the flaps :P Dammit. I think A2A should put up a preflight video for idiots like me to understand the whole thing :blush:

I take back everything I said about it being a gimmick, sorry sorry sorry folks.

This addon is excellent and I have now discovered that I have no more complaints.

Ah I have to lower the flaps :P Dammit. I think A2A should put up a preflight video for idiots like me to understand the whole thing :blush:.

The pre-flight starts in the cabin with a nice checklist on the left. If you actually read it and do what is says you will eventually get to an item telling you to extend the flaps.  :wink:

Yes I have water in the Jar but pressing drain more doesn't do anything, problem is I don't know if I have drained it or not. What should happen when I press drain more?.

As mentioned by J van E: the Avgas is dyed blue, so if you only see a blue liquid in the jar then it's just fuel and more draining isn't necessary. Water is clear.

As mentioned by J van E: the Avgas is dyed blue, so if you only see a blue liquid in the jar then it's just fuel and more draining isn't necessary. Water is clear.

So if the fluid in the glass is clear and then I push the drain more it will become blue as the water drains out?

I'm on pins and needles...

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Actually, I have the same exact problem with the pitch up on take off, so it is definitely not unique to one person. 

Ernie

OK, in the spirit of the A2A mantra "it's is not a bug, it's a feature."

The real Cessna 172R when loaded with full tanks and a single 175lb pilot with trim set to takeoff, will start to nose up rather fast if you keep your hands off the yoke.  The speed will eventually drop to below 60kts ias before the nose starts to come down.

Scott.

Why?

Probably because I'm waiting for someone to suggest there should be two version's of the Pilot's manual, or that perhaps it should be re-written.

Obviously for some, perhaps many here, the manual is a "normal Pilot's Manual" - even overly simplistic for some, perhaps with all the nice pictures, and yet, judging by some of the the questions here, overly-complicated for others, with many grey areas that permit a large degree of uncertainty as to what is intended to be conveyed.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK, in the spirit of the A2A mantra "it's is not a bug, it's a feature."

The real Cessna 172R when loaded with full tanks and a single 175lb pilot with trim set to takeoff, will start to nose up rather fast if you keep your hands off the yoke. The speed will eventually drop to below 60kts ias before the nose starts to come down.

Scott.

Scott,

I am really surprised to hear this and it reinforces that every different model of a type requires at least a basic checkout with an instructor. I would never have expected a 172 to behave this way.

I flew an N model yesterday with 3 passengers including myself, full tanks and a couple of small bags in the baggage. It was right in the middle of the CG range and required plenty of back pressure to keep the nose up after touchdown.Take off trim held the airplane at around Vy. It performs just like the SP I also use. This N has been STCd with a 180hp engine.

I take back everything I said about it being a gimmick, sorry sorry sorry folks.

This addon is excellent and I have now discovered that I have no more complaints.

Hello,

Please don't be sorry Kaboki. We need exactly this feedback to make things better and in this case maybe some pre-flight videos and a bit more promotion of manuals and what not to help people understand whats suppose to happen.

thanks

Lewis - A2A

Lewis - A2A Simulations

I sort of 'solved' the sudden nose up behaviour after take off by not trimming for take off but by putting the trim a bit higher already (meaning the white line above the take off mark). The planes takes off without any problems nonetheless and I won't have to mash my trim knob to pieces directly after take off. ^_^ Works like a charm.

I sort of 'solved' the sudden nose up behaviour after take off by not trimming for take off but by putting the trim a bit higher already (meaning the white line above the take off mark). The planes takes off without any problems nonetheless and I won't have to mash my trim knob to pieces directly after take off. Works like a charm.

Aren't we supposed to trim the plane depending how the weight has been distributed? Or is it supposed to be trimmed at the takeoff mark no matter how much weight added?

Im just asking because I don't know anything about these things :P and I want to learn more.

Aren't we supposed to trim the plane depending how the weight has been distributed? Or is it supposed to be trimmed at the takeoff mark no matter how much weight added?

Im just asking because I don't know anything about these things :P and I want to learn more.

I remember reading somewhere in the A2A forum you should trim for take off no matter what. Apparently that settings works best no matter how the plane is loaded...? I'm no expert though.

Probably because I'm waiting for someone to suggest there should be two version's of the Pilot's manual, or that perhaps it should be re-written.

I spent quite a bit of time reading though the manual today in my spare time - I really have to say that it's is one of the nicest presented manuals I've ever had.  Excellent job by A2A on that.  I really like the section with the history and evolution of the 172 as well.

I only wish that the hard copy Cessna POH that I have was for a 'R', alas, it's for an 'N'.  Although, the avionics manual that comes with it is pretty much applicable though.  ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Early in my 172R flying days (of which there were never enough), I found myself flying one day before I'd rotated. It just drifted airborne. I was talking later to an instructor about it and he suggested a little more nose down trim than T/O would fix that to force me to make a more positive rotation movement. And as Jeroen points out, that then minimised the amount of nose down trim needed once I got up a going. Being a bit out of trim shouldn't stop you flying - it just affects how much effort you have to put into pulling back (or pushing forward, as the case may be).

I've been trying to resist buying, but I think I will fail this weekend...

Mike