Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

A2A Cessna 172 now available

Shoot... I found out not everything is saved when you exit FSX but not even when you SAVE the flight before you exit FSX. I was hoping Accu-sim would save everything, really, just as it saves progress and hours not flown. It's a bit odd hours not flown are being noted and that is has an impact on the plane while basic things switch settings aren't saved. That's a shame... would be far more realistic if everything is the way it was when you left the plane...

Shoot... I found out not everything is saved when you exit FSX but not even when you SAVE the flight before you exit FSX. I was hoping Accu-sim would save everything, really, just as it saves progress and hours not flown. It's a bit odd hours not flown are being noted and that is has an impact on the plane while basic things switch settings aren't saved. That's a shame... would be far more realistic if everything is the way it was when you left the plane...

e: never mind, I can't read :|

It saves *most* switch settings, I'm guessing the ones not saved are the ones that FS sets based on the saved flight (although not all of those are reset, so *shrug*)

That is a shame. I want to have my C172 in a state how I left it.

By the way, last night when I tested the plane, I had a very easy and smooth landing, without hovering/balooning or whatever you guys are calling it. Full flaps below 80kts and landed like every other GA plane, easy with not much corrections.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

That might be one of those turn UAC off, and install the plane with administrator rights things.  The state file, or log file or whatever you call it doesn't get written because the permissions are lacking. 

Or maybe it is a well known issue with some FSX addons when FSX is installed in Program Files?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

A quick update.  A potential fix is in progress.  We expect to have it ready by the end of today.

Since we cannot reproduce this bug, we will have to make it available as a HOT FIX just for those who are experiencing this.

PMDG had some testers report this intermittent issue in the final weeks of development of their recently released 777 but they managed to find the fix for their latest 777.  They are in contact with us now and are helping us with this fix.  We won't know if this works for the C172 until those who are experiencing this bug install it.  So please stand by.  We will upload this as soon as we have it ready.

Scott.

Or maybe it is a well known issue with some FSX addons when FSX is installed in Program Files?

I'm pretty sure they are close to being the same thing.  If it's installed in Program Files, then UAC will prevent something from being written, and as also precaution install new things as administrator.  I'm not completely sure, but I think that's how it works.  Might be something to try, anyway.

A quick update.  A potential fix is in progress.  We expect to have it ready by the end of today.

Since we cannot reproduce this bug, we will have to make it available as a HOT FIX just for those who are experiencing this.

PMDG had some testers report this intermittent issue in the final weeks of development of their recently released 777 but they managed to find the fix for their latest 777.  They are in contact with us now and are helping us with this fix.  We won't know if this works for the C172 until those who are experiencing this bug install it.  So please stand by.  We will upload this as soon as we have it ready.

Scott.

Fantastic news.

It's really appreciated that you guys are working so hard to crush this bug.

Fantastic news.

It's really appreciated that you guys are working so hard to crush this bug.

Indeed, excellent responsiveness and dedication without drama...

Nice, I just hope the friction issue gets resolved soon too so I can get back up in the air :rolleyes:

Only two minor problems for me:

a) The C172 seems to require a huge amount of effort to get it moving. i.e. Ground Friction

b) The autopilot doesn't want to follow the GPS.

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it, and look forward to them fixing these issues.

About things not being saved: I have UAC off (it's the first thing I turn off after installing Windows) and I never install anything into the Program Files folders (always on another disk). Installing something as an admin isn't necessary with these precautions.

Now I always try to set everything to cold and dark so you might say I won't really notice that things haven't been saved but I really DO notice that for instance the OBS of the VOR gauges is at default again. Accu-sim remembers how long you didn't fly and that has an effect on everything so why can't it remember the settings of a switch or gauge...? I REALLY expected Accu-sim to take care of this.

Anyway, this means that 1. I have to completely recreate the cold and dark state at the end of a flight and 2. I still have to save the flight (as default) in order to save settings like the OBS. It's little things like this that do spoil the realism of it, for me anyway.

a) The C172 seems to require a huge amount of effort to get it moving. i.e. Ground Friction

Is that on Orbx airports with grass, maybe? They seem to give the biggest problems.

Is that on Orbx airports with grass, maybe? They seem to give the biggest problems.

It happens on all grass strip addons I have not just with Orbx. E.g Hilltop in Oregon made by Mischa Gajic.

It even happens at Courchevel in france and thats a paved runway...

Take a look at this:

I have full throttle, no brakes and the plane won't move at all!!

I noticed this "getting total stuck" allways happens on sloped runways.. They just have to fix this or all my favorite sloped runways gets useless with my favorite plane, and that is a real downer :(

Scott.

Thanks for the update Scott, it's very much appreciated.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Yes it's very sensitive on the elevators, don't know if it should be this way or not. But Scott A2A said it's how the real plane behave so I just have to believe him as I have no real world expirience. Maybe others who have flown the real thing could comment on that.?

It's funny though, I have RC Scalemodel of this plane, and this scalemodel is just as sensitive on the elevators as the A2A plane..

The real 172 required very little control input to fly. All of my flight training was in a 172S, so I feel I am credible enough to comment on the flight dynamics. 

One more thing, and I've said it many times before. It's the riding on rails thing. More than not, these planes don't need to be bobbing, or continuously moving in three dimensions while in flight. During those early morning flying hours, with good weather, a small plane like this, will feel like it's hardly moving. It's actually much smoother, than riding in a car, or on a train, even with welded rails. There is almost no sense of movement at all. Even at several hundred miles an hour, or much more......even though the 172 won't get close to the speeds.

The "Riding on Rails" analogy is the most accurate statement I have heard regarding the 172. It brings me back to those early morning winter flights where it felt like the airplane was on autopilot because I barely had to manipulate the controls to keep it straight and level.

One more comment to add regarding the A2A 172 and the FSX community. I think A2A is hearing a lot more feedback about this product, both positive and negative, because so many of us have real world time in the 172. When I bought the PMDG NGX, I couldn't comment on how it handled because I have no real world time in a 737. With the A2A 172, I have real world time in the same model, so I can pick apart how it handles. I feel like that is what many of us are doing whether it be praising it or criticizing it. 

Jared Listinsky