Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Out Of Memory

vickyj20, that is ok, and it;s recommended for 32bit Windows. But very important thing to get best prformance and avoid OOM is to use Windows 7 / 64bit

Found something interesting. As I said earlier, I manage my startup DLL's in the dll.xl file. Well I just ran a flight and inadvertently said no to loading the PMDG 777 Interface DLL. I decided to continue to see what would happen, fully expecting it to crash or not load, because it was missing. To my surprise she not only loaded but all systems functioned as expected including the ECL, and for the first time with the same settings I I didn't hear the dreaded chimes. I didn't complete the flight though, as I got called away.  Peak usage was 2.2GB VAS. When it was chiming it was close to 2.4GB. I'll have to continue testing to see if I can complete the flight. Please note, I'm not saying this is the cause, but anything that you can remove that isn't needed, helps. What I'm wondering is what is the intended purpose of this DLL? So far I don't see any negative effects from it not being loaded.

Tom Cain 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Found something interesting. As I said earlier, I manage my startup DLL's in the dll.xl file. Well I just ran a flight and inadvertently said no to loading the PMDG 777 Interface DLL. I decided to continue to see what would happen, fully expecting it to crash or not load, because it was missing. To my surprise she not only loaded but all systems functioned as expected including the ECL, and for the first time with the same settings I I didn't hear the dreaded chimes. I didn't complete the flight though, as I got called away.  Peak usage was 2.2GB VAS. When it was chiming it was close to 2.4GB. I'll have to continue testing to see if I can complete the flight. Please note, I'm not saying this is the cause, but anything that you can remove that isn't needed, helps. What I'm wondering is what is the intended purpose of this DLL? So far I don't see any negative effects from it not being loaded.

Tom Cain 

That's weird

Eric 

Don´t wait for miracle! Run FSX FULL with PMDG 777 or Concorde X is impossible. I´ am like many here addicted to flight simulator, I tryed many things, program, system etc... no sucess.

we have two choices to chose, real airplanes with high level of details or nice scenery with high level of texture. I prefered a high level of airplane, this is more important to me.

So things I use in my setting to have a stable flight:

No any type of traffic. Just online if we have. Here one of the must important setting 4.0 LOD, HIGHMEMFIX APPLIED of course.

Texture: 1024 when I chose Concord X or 2048 when B777X or NGX.

No any type of traffic. Just online if we have. Here one of the must important setting 4.0 LOD, HIGHMEMFIX APPLIED of course.

Texture: 1024 when I choice Concord X or 2048 when B777X or NGX.

I tryed two times this setting using the B777X, one of than, was CYVR ( FSDRETEAM )  I had no problem.

By the way, when I use Concord X, I need change the Texture from 2048 to 1024

Maybe if I will have problem in B777X memory, I will use texture to 1024, but not yet.

Anyone know what this  PMDG 777 Interface DLL does? I noticed I have 5 PMDG related dll's now in my xml file. As Tom stated above, his VAS went down if he did not load this specific dll. Curious what specifically this dll does?

Eric 

When mine crashes I don't even get the chime it just freezes and straight to fatal error.  I'm wondering if it might be something else.  My VAS is always around 2.5.

Reporting the OOM was well.

25+ years in FS, very familiar with FSX and appropriate settings/tweaks, all of the high end aircraft addons. 

Not my system.

I was able to finish the flight, thanks to Pete's work with FSUIPC.

The Beta Team HAD to have seen these OOMs.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

even though most previously mentioned advice is valid in my opinion, it is strange that one has OOMs with the 777 but not the 737!

I don't know about that. I know quite a few users who have had OOM issues in the NGX. Myself included, changing to DX10 preview changed all that for me and I haven't had one since.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Not sure about this, but i think this way - if you fly in the USA and you have that addon airport in Switzerland enabled, it will increase VAS becouse enabled scenery needs to have some space "reserved", just in case you decide to go there, direct or via FSX menu(without restarting FSX)to practice some landings. I think this is the reason why ACES left it this way. Also, they didn't know at that time about windows 7 64bit, PMDG 777, REX, ORBX, AS2012 etc, etc...

This is also just my theory  :P

Yep, that seems to be pretty much it, read page 21 of the PMDG 777 guide.

Rob Robson

Just landed at FSDT CYVR after long haul(EDDM - CYVR)

Late to this thread but I've noticed extended discussion about the load FSDT CYVR places on FSX -- it's not a bad thing, it's just a heavy thing, very detailed and extensive photorealistic.

I see that as a commonality between some of the posts in this thread.  Try running with CYVR un-ticked in Scenery Library and see what happens (dont' worry about the visual results, just a test of the OOM factor).

Also, re: traffic: I've noticed bumping up cars even _one_ notch in FSX settings can have a substantial performance hit in areas like KJFK and KSEA where there's lots and lots and lots of cars.  KSEA's even worse because you can overload the area with lots of boat traffic, too -- with just tiny changes.  Plus with so many runways in the KSEA area, big and small, in close proximity, plus lots of water to animate, and mountains nearby.... well, it's a perfect place to level-set your memory-max performance settings (I do this with ORBX PNW, as well as all the freeware airports included nearby, talk about pressure!).

If you're in a 777 all of that stuff on the ground matters for about eight seconds.  So, you can turn it all off, along with Autogen set low, water set low, scenery areas you're NOT flying un-ticked in scenery library, and you're as good as gold.  Then use REX with 4096 clouds with detail only bats can hear. :) (or 1024 with details you'll be just fine with).

It's all really just part of the pre-flight checklist, think of it that way.  I consider it my error if, say, I have ORBX set to FTXG and I just want to fly around PNW or Europe without transitioning out of ORBX scenery areas.  So, my pre-flight includes a quick trip to FTX Central and checking to make sure I have my scenery areas set for the planned flight.

All part of the game.

Late to this thread but I've noticed extended discussion about the load FSDT CYVR places on FSX -- it's not a bad thing, it's just a heavy thing, very detailed and extensive photorealistic.

It happened today with Fly Tampa airports too, so it's not about FSDT CYVR only. It usually happens on 5-6h flights. 

About traffic - your advice is great, but i fly airliners and i have allready all traffic disabled - AI(i use VATSIM and VoxATC sometimes), vechicles, road cars, ships and feries... I have only leisure Boats at 15%. I have actually never used default road traffic mostly becouse default cars are uggly and i fly airliners - most of good payware airports has their own traffic, ships etc, and you can see them on take off and approach. And in the meantime, you can't see any cars from FL400 :)

So, it's not traffic in my case

There are some sliders in scenery tab which can be reduced and will probably help with VAS, but i don't want to do this becouse i have very high but balanced settings - and reducing some sliders can mean performance lost. You probably know what i'm talking about, some scenery sliders can improve performance on higher settings.

I think PMDG will probably do something here to reduce VAS usage, NGX was not perfect before many hotfixes and service packs, and this usually happens with all complex simulations, i am patient...

The only way to see the ral amount of VAS used is getting a software called processexplorer wich can be downloaded here http://download.sysinternals.com/files/ProcessExplorer.zip

Open it and right click on the Process tab, select "Select columns" than hit the tab "process memory" and pin "Virtual Size".

This is the famous vas we are all talking about.

At default LIRF my vas usage is 2.873.584 with the 777 and 50% of UT2 traffic.

If you guys from PMDG want me to lower my settings in order to be able to use the 777 you are on asking me too much.

LOD is 4.5, autogen at dense and textures 1024.

As I'm writeing this post the Virtual memory size has grown to 2.899.160! That means that if i fly from LIRF to UK2000 Heathrow I'll definitely have an OOM.

This is just not acceptable.

I've red what you wrote on your manual about OOM but telling me that it's just a limit of the 32Bit FSX sounds like an excuse to me.

You knew the limit and you should have dealt with it.

We all hope that you will find a way to fix the problem as you have always done and as we expect from such a professional team.

By the way the bird is gorgeous!

Keep up the good work Randazzo's boys!

Cheers

I just had a crash 20min ago on flight with the new 777 departing Frankfurt to destination Manchester. Just as I took off from rwy 07L turning left over downtown Frankurt is when the crash occured. I heard the beeping sound from windows and as I minimized FSX window it completely disappeared.

I ran CC Cleaner, Malwarebytes, and just finished running O&O defrag. I hope someone can find a real solution to this problem soon for everyones sake.

Well, many of us have experienced OOMs for quite some time, with a wide range of payware addons (aircraft and scenery). I guess PMDG wanted to create a plane that would enable everyone to join the fun :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I continue to feel OOM is the user's responsibility, not the developer's. just my opinion.

Up to you to understand how it all works and what will fit, and what won't, on your system.

We've all been through the "but it worked perfectly until now!" scenario with FSX. You have to know you can't just add stuff infinitely without having to go through the purgatory of, "huh, now what?" With any new installation.

Every time it's happened to me, I've just learned more. And devs continue to do their best to fix everything they can. Seems like within weeks, these days. Which is a good sign as that means they can then move on quickly to the Next Hot Thing. :)