Sign in to follow this  
captainsazzman

777 Performance Manger

Yep. Your fps and oom issues are yours. Something in your system is not optimized correctly. Also, in the 777, you can't see the wings from the cockpit, so they aren't modeled in the vc. There's nothing to disable like with the 737ngx. And those wings you see are not the same wings you see in the external views and model. It's completely separate; how fsx works. That's how you can combine different models and vc/ panels. You could even put turkey wings in the vc. That would be cool. Pmdg get on it!

Some guys might like what I'm going to say, but here we go, fresh install of FSX and start from scratch :ph34r:! I did one a couple of weeks ago where I just have the CS777 and my CS767 and no other add on scenery except  a couple by Ray Smith. I did that having a feeling  the PMDG T7 release was around the corner. I'm picking it up tomorrow and I hope that this might help, but that advice was given to me when I had the such problems and it solved it 100%.

As Skinner said, although it is not a fun thing to do, a complete reinstall, piece by piece will help your system run better. And as a bonus, will help you find out exactly what is eating your fps. It is usually not the aircraft, but interaction with something else in FS which eats frames.

Have here around 30 FPS (locked), only when i move the mouse, it's drop to 22-24 FPS, so no big difference to the NGX for me......

Love that bird :) 

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg
Markus Frank
Windows 10 64,Intel i7, 32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1080ti, Prepar3D V4.

We saw across the board better FPS in the 777 than in the NGX with both the dev and beta/tech teams.

That's certainly my experience as well, the 777 seems about 10-15% better than the NGX and I have Performance tweaked the same on both.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Remember also guys this is Release candidate, I think PMDG will look into this and try and improve things for the service packs etc.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

For me the NGX runs alot better also. I find that the FPS drop whenever I pan my view down to the pedestal in the VC.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that as my system is very texture sensitive in terms of frame rates, I tried messing around with a few things. Well I reduced the "Global texture resolution" setting in the graphics section of FSX from "very high" to "high" an ended up with something akin the quality of the level D 767. In my opinion it's actually better than the quality of the low res NGX (with the exception of the writing on the MCP panel). The textures of the pmdg 777 are that good.

I can run the NGX very well at 30 FPS. 

This is not the case with me for the 777 though. If the plane is in level flight, I get 30fps easy. If I try to bank, turn, rudder, pitch or anything that involves a control surface, my framerate drops down to the low teens... or lower. Hand landings are basically out of the question now as 7FPS is not conducive to landing. If i switch to any other AC my framerate goes rate back to where it was.

I get better frames in the 777 then I do with the 737ngx or any other aircraft. I get 30fps in VC at airports or cruise

Just bear in mind the mouse issue and make sure ur pointer isn't on the VC as this drops frames move it to the task bar and you should get a increase

Stewart Cumbers

We saw across the board better FPS in the 777 than in the NGX with both the dev and beta/tech teams. Not sure what is going on for you guys, but we made a very serious effort to optimize it better etc. It has a much lower overall texture load than the NGX did.

As others said - the external model has 100% nothing to do with FPS in the cockpit - it does not load at all.

No doubt the overall performance of 777 is better than the 737NGX.

However with the 737NGX it was also provided with a very handy tool that can reduce the texture, model and display resolution in the VC, and therefore potentially improves the FPS IN THE VC. Would this kind of performance setting becomes available for the 777 in future updates?