Sign in to follow this  
Manny

I Loathe FSDT's COUATL!

We don't plan to. My comment what was a "bean counter" would suggest, the same one that might suggest that Microsoft should concentrate on cellular phones and Xbox games instead of Windows PCs...

Good news, glad you cleared that. I was in disbelief when I first read that comment.

Thank you very much for these comments. KDFW was our first "next-gen" scenery, the first one that used entirely native FSX code for ground, with shaders, and it's the first one that entirely relies on the argument of this thread, which is Addon Manager + Couatl.

You're welcome and the praise for your work is much deserved. Like I said, some of the airports, particularly KDFW (since I live there) and KFLL (since I vacation there and fly to it a lot in real life) have brought so much to my FSX enjoyment that I really don't know if I would enjoy FSX as much as I do without these sceneries, especially since they perform well. 

Glad we can look forward to more after KIAH :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I agree with Sean. Your airports are truly a work of art. And they work in DX10 :Party:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

So..... started FSX and loaded the A2A C172 for a nice planned flight around the new FTX Global Californian airports.... I am sitting at Van Nuys, and Orbx scenery, in the 172, an A2A aircraft.   I am not at any FSDT airport and I am not even touching GSX.....

I suddenly see the 'green bar' pop-uup that comes up once in a while, saying "GSX is regenerating airports", then BANG!

66666610.png

.........I close the above error and start to set up my A2A C172.... let's see...... fuel is ok, let's do the pre-flight walkaround .......  BANG!

66666610.png

GO AWAY !!!!!!!! ......... I don't even want to use anything to do with Couatl!!!! ........... Ok, maybe there is a "close Couatl" option in the FSX/Couatl menu ............... nope.

I click off the box again, and reload FSX ......... maybe it was an unfortunate glitch......  I start again.    Things look good. I manage to pre-flight the C172 (albeit in a hurry) ...... I prepare to start the engin.... BANG!

66666610.png

I close FSX.

That is a 100% true account of my experience in the last 20 minutes.  This is why myself and others are calling Coualt what it is - obstrusive, buggy software that has the ability to ruin an FSX session, even when Virtuali software is not being used!!!!

I have uninstalled all Virutali products (I will miss GSX for sure, but the pain is no longer worth the gain), and am so happy to be permanently uninstalling Couatl and the Add-on Manager.

I didn't start this thread but I sure do agree with it's title ..............

So..... started FSX ..............

Might have nothing to do with it but in a previous post you mentioned Radeon Pro. If you are using this I got help from virtuali on this issue. It's actually caused by Radeon Pro. You have to disable API monitoring within Radeon Pro. If its in your start menu then right click and select disable monitoring. This will fix your crash. If this is the issue it is The API monitoring that's causing the issue.

So..... started FSX and loaded the A2A C172 for a nice planned flight around the new FTX Global Californian airports.... I am sitting at Van Nuys, and Orbx scenery, in the 172, an A2A aircraft. I am not at any FSDT airport and I am not even touching GSX.....

I suddenly see the 'green bar' pop-uup that comes up once in a while, saying "GSX is regenerating airports", then BANG!

You know, I got this error myself a week or 2 ago, but I found out it had to do with a setting in my instant messenger program to allow for in game chat.. More than likely, a software on your computer is interfering, You just need to find out what it is.. Could be a setting in a program on your computer that just needs to be disabled..

Programs such as lenovo applications or what darkstar said, ATI software can cause the issue.

Also if you have Trillian instant messenger installed, it will cause that error if you have in game chat turned on.'

did you make any changes to any programs since the last time couatl worked?

So sorry to hear that Dave. I know how you feel. Earlier on today, planned a flight in the T7 out of the newly-purchased LHBP which you too have, for LFCG. Everything with that LHBP looked hunky-dory. But guess what? The minute I asked for GSX, the airport became those 5-minute FSDT trials----your aircraft is parked on grass. Luckily I soon figured it was the Add-On Manager & Couatl causing this, which was later confirmed by LH Simulations. Apparently Virtuali are planning to fix this. So, welcome news as that may sound, I can fully well understand why you are so p----ed off. You have my vote, matey.

I updated the FSDT software just last week and today I got the annoying "Do you want to update" WTFreak! I mean .. sheesh! Go away!

Don't y'all have better things to do than keep updating this piece of garbage? 

This is like an annoying old girlfriend who just won't leave you alone!

STALKER Software!

Here is a hint! Unless its a virus or an important security hole that you are fixing FOR ME.,  there is no need to keep updating this everyday or every week harassing me! Yeah..it is harassing me now!

Keep updating your software and keep it to yourself... if I need it I will come looking for it!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guess they cant win either way. People get mad if they dont have updates for improvements and some get mad if they update too often.

Hit one simple key to say no and your on your way in one second, two at the most, easy if you dont feel like updating at that moment.

Now it just looks like your trying to find something to be mad about.

Now it just looks like your trying to find something to be mad about.

Thats just hogwash.. I am sorry.. Just because you thought of something clever today you knock on my my door to tell me what clever thing you did today? and I have to simply say no and close the door... and then you come back to me again tomorrow with something else?

Simple common sense... There is diminishing marginal utility to the  bbenefit vs disturbing. 

I say, collect your thoughts...and keep it in your website...at the most send me an e-mail with the clever things you have done and send me an e-mail Once a month..not every day or even every week maybe. Let me see what clever thing you have done and evaluate the benefit of it vs bothering updating it. 

Don't stand there bleeding in front of my door step everyday. 

I mean how hard is this concept? Imagine if every addon Vendor I have bought addons from does this to me everyday. What a night mare and It's beyond RUDE!

Really!

OK..what has FSDT done that is beneficial to ME in this update that it was not able to think of since the last update that couldn't wait and it feels the need to intrude....  ? I want to know!

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well your mind is made up, no matter what they do, whether the software is working or not, its just not for you.

One thing left to do, uninstall it all, spend a few hundred bucks on AES credits for all your favorite airports and live a happy, trouble free FSX life.

Sometimes simplification is the best measure for happiness.

If you think its  garbage  than just uninstall it,  how hard is  that,  than you wont get  those  updates no more.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Unbelievable! It should be clear to every developer that we are running various software simultaneously with FSX. Even those that are not connected to simming like skype or other communication software. A must for multiplayer sessions. This is getting out of hand.

Unbelievable! It should be clear to every developer that we are running various software simultaneously with FSX. Even those that are not connected to simming like skype or other communication software. A must for multiplayer sessions. This is getting out of hand.

Of course its clear to them, it would be naive to think they dont know this, many develpers have stated that they are aware of this, including Umberto. Problem is that there are thousands of combinations of hardware, software, addons, and driver combinations possible that it impossible to test each and every combo. They would have to be full time testers and zero time developers.

Probably why FSDT offers a trial version so you can test before you buy.

We're lucky any of the stuff we add to FSX even works at all considering all the variables, user errors, bad tweaks, bad over clocks, incompatible hsrdware. Given that and a few folks here with FSDT issues, most people have no problems. If it were as bad as some make it out to be, FSDT would be out of business.

Of course its clear to them, it would be naive to think they dont know this, many develpers have stated that they are aware of this, including Umberto. Problem is that there are thousands of combinations of hardware, software, addons, and driver combinations possible that it impossible to test each and every combo. They would have to be full time testers and zero time developers.

Probably why FSDT offers a trial version so you can test before you buy.

We're lucky any of the stuff we add to FSX even works at all considering all the variables, user errors, bad tweaks, bad over clocks, incompatible hsrdware. Given that and a few folks here with FSDT issues, most people have no problems. If it were as bad as some make it out to be, FSDT would be out of business.

:Applause:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm one of those "few folks" who have problems with fsdreamteam products and finally gave up and wrote off the better part of a hundred dollars in their products. I have had numerous direct communications with the producer. For me after a hardware upgrade my fsx would stop functioning with various messages tied into the addon manager which as per their instructions was replaced more than once. In fact there were many such messages popping up and stopping fsx from working, all of which I took pics and forwarded on to the producer. In the end I got totally fed up trying to fix whatever was wrong, disabled it and now fsx functions again. I'm also totally fed up with the defensive attitude of fsdt because while their products may work flawlessly for many there are a "few folks" whose problems aren't/can't be solved. Obviously there is a problem here for some that a fix needs to be available.

In closing I wish I could get mine working again because visually they are fantastic. With my schedule at the moment I don't have a lot of time available to fly fsx and what I have I don't wish to spend trouble shooting the problems I should not have experienced. Theres no problem with other addons after the hardware upgrade.I hope eventually there is a "fix" as with the fsdt visual quality I would buy more of their creation.