Sign in to follow this  
Manny

I Loathe FSDT's COUATL!

Wow, looks like a video card issue to me. Install the lesser size textures for YVR.

Yes, I have tried the low quality textures but it didn't help. I have installed over 100+ airports for FSX and this is the first one that I'm having an issue with, something tells me that my graphic card is working ok and the problem has to be with the addon or some other addon not liking this addon to be used or something... :wacko: I had the same issue with the old GTX480 card, and Im now using a new 680 so Im pretty sure my graphic card works.

I read through the support thread at the FSDT forum and only saw one poster with a similar issue, and I think it was the antivirus that caused it. I do not have any antivirus running so it has to be something else..

Talking about Adobe, that's true. I haven' t been able to update my CS6 package for over a year, but with it I could switch off the automatic notifications and the futile update attempts and continue using the programme without problems.

This is what I get when installing FSDT CYVR, tried reinstalling but it doesn't help... anyone have a suggestion :mellow:

attachicon.gifcyvr1.jpg

I would suggest its not a video card issue.  Otherwise the outside areas would also be affected surely?

Yes, I have tried the low quality textures but it didn't help. I have installed over 100+ airports for FSX and this is the first one that I'm having an issue with, something tells me that my graphic card is working ok and the problem has to be with the addon or some other addon not liking this addon to be used or something..

I have that issue (black ground tectures for Vancouver airport) with the trial version of the airport. But since I have OOM issues even with DX10.( I use Orbx PNW and airports and what not).  I believe its the only airport I did not purchase from FSDT on the account of OOM limit I have reached in that geographic area. .  .So I didn't bother investigating the graphic issue.. But  I too have the black ground textures in the trial mode.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I read through the support thread at the FSDT forum and only saw one poster with a similar issue, and I think it was the antivirus that caused it. I do not have any antivirus running so it has to be something else..

You should have POSTED on the FSDT forum, instead of here, because every case is different and not *everything* is caused by the antivirus. CYVR uses some specific ways to create textures that might be affected by problems with your user account/permissions, that requires several other things to check, which is why you should always post your specific issue on our forum, so I can start the appropriate troubleshooting checks according to your product and your problem.

I'm now respectfully asking anyone to NOT turn this into a "general FSDT support thread", but rather post in the FDST forum in the appropriate section. I've replied to 14000 messages on the FSDT support forum, and I couldn't possibly reply to a similar amount in other forums too.

that requires several other things to check, which is why you should always post your specific issue on our forum, so I can start the appropriate troubleshooting checks according to your product and your problem.

I'm now respectfully asking anyone to NOT turn this into a "general FSDT support thread", but rather post in the FDST forum in the appropriate section. I've replied to 14000 messages on the FSDT support forum, and I couldn't possibly reply to a similar amount in other forums too.

I suppose I could, haven't bothered with this until I saw this thread and since you already where active here I just tought I post it to get some toughts of what the problem might be.

All these forums :wacko:. I'll register later and post it in your support forum, but Im not sure how much time I will put into this just for 1 airport. But would be nice to get it fixed, have hold off some off your other aiports because I was afraid to bump into the same issue...

I would like to add, that I never had any issues with coautl and the addon manager, have used GSX now for a long time and haven't had any negative experience with the script.

I like the idea when devs take things a step further and do things that would normally not be possible with FSX. So keep up the good work:)

I suppose I could, haven't bothered with this until I saw this thread and since you already where active here I just tought I post it to get some toughts of what the problem might be.

I had the same issue  as you did  but got it resolved so hopefully its the same  issue  your having  I sent  you a pm

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Mmmmmmm, that egg tasted good. Well, it was not coualt that was causing the issue. It was the PMDG 777. Not related to FSDT stuff at all. Now back to eating that egg off my face. 

Eric 

Egg? Ah, so you now you've got it sorted out, yes? This problem with the BEX. Or is it still alive but just not bound the the couatl thingy? :unsure:

It's still alive. I get in when I exit out of FSX. But it only happens when I fly the PMDG 777. Going to try a reinstall of it when I have the energy to do so.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Eric 

Wishing you luck on finding the cause. Either way, thumbs up for correcting yourself in regard to the initial post, Eric. :good:

There have been a number of user-interface studies which show people generally dislike any "popup" interface element that takes focus away from what they are trying to do. This is a chief reason why "notification balloons" were introduced in Windoze.

For myself, after I've been sitting at my FSX loading screen for ten minutes, the LAST thing I want to see is couatl blocking me from my sim telling me about yet another update. What's more ridiculous, is that 9 (maybe 10) times out of 10, when I select the option to update it, I am always told the update could not be applied, to visit the website (with a URL I cannot select), quit FSX, download the installer and try again. That is seriously obnoxious. I'm busy trying to fly - the last thing I want to do is stop what I'm doing just to grab an update I care nothing about just so I won't be annoyed for another week about yet another update.

No offense, but I am with the OP on this. Couatl is epic fail and belongs in a dungeon next to Adobe Flash updater and Microsoft Bob.

As one person already suggested, have a look at what PMDG is doing with their Operations Center - this is a FAR better and less intrusive means of centralizing product news and updates. Don't inject it into my sim like a virus.

Terribleness.

DAL1850, the solution is simple, either disable the auto updater as Umberto suggested or dont buy or use the product any longer. Problem solved!

Calling it an epic fail, which is probably the most over used slag on the internet, is a bit of a stretch for those who use and enjoy their products problem free.

Although like any product on the market, you cant please everyone all the time. Some people say the same for just about every product released for FSX. Some hate ORBX, some hate Aerosoft, and some even dislike your beloved PMDG. There will always be a few here or there that cant get the product to activate correctly, wont give enough FPS, isnt detailed enough for their liking, etc, etc.

Now that you've established your position that Couatl, FSDT, or the auto updater is an epic fail, you can disable the auto updater and go on your merry way, or just uninstall the products alltogether and never have to worry about it spoiling your simming time again. Easy and no more virus like symptoms. Now thats an epic idea.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

LAST thing I want to see is couatl blocking me from my sim telling me about yet another update. What's more ridiculous, is that 9 (maybe 10) times out of 10, when I select the option to update it, I am always told the update could not be applied, to visit the website (with a URL I cannot select), quit FSX, download the installer and try again

if your having  this issue than its  most likely  some thing is on your  pc  that causing  this issue, never had  any of  the issues your  describing,  don't know  what your referring  to the url   which you cant  select  never  had  that problem either. And besides if  you having  these issues  why post in here for  there is  a correct forum  to post  the issue  to get  it  resolved.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg