Sign in to follow this  
lassekronborg

Derate calculator for 777-200LR available

The runway data is from my FS. To update the data please download the MakeRunway. EXE here.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Then only the EXE, not the folder, copy in the FS root directory and start. The file Runway.CSV is created. This file copy in the Data directory of the DeRate- calculator and you have the current runway data of your installed airports.

Start the EXE and copy the CSV, when new airports have been installed. Maybe I integrate a database update function in the Calkulator.

If I may make a suggestion, many of us have been running MakeRwys.exe for years in the root of our FSX directory and are quite accsustomed to running it whenever we install new airport scenery.  As you know, the location of the csv file it produces is collocated with the utility, in the FSX root directory as well.

Why not just offer us the ability to declare the root location of our FSX directory in the Derate GUI or in an ini config file of some sort?  If running Derate on a network machine, it would preferably also allow UNC paths (\\flightcomputer\fsx) for example, and Derate.exe will always find and use our latest MakeRwys csv file.  If running Derate.exe directly on the FSX computer, you could pull the FSX root directory right out of the Registry, if not found, then offer the manual path statement to declare the path.

Thanks for considering.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

The tool is getting bigger and more complicated.  :Whew:

I will build a database update but not automatically, only with a button. 

Wow Skino, amazing job! Great contribution to the community, I wish I had the skills/time to contribute so well!

Skino

The program looks really good, but, I can't get it to work!

Downloaded the file today, the version dated 17 Sept.  Does the files need to be anywhere specific?

I run the exe file, it is listed on the background processes on task manager, but nothing happens.

Would appreciate some help.

Rob

Rob Payne

I have no idea what's going on. What OS do you have? Your antiVirus program called something?

I have already a similar feedback get, but without more information.

Skino

Thanks for your quick reply

I use windows 8 64 bit & have tried the program with & without administration rights. My anti-virus is AVG.

Rob

Rob Payne

nice tool for the time being..question though: can we run that via a networked setup to pull data? that is when that feature is finished of course... i prefer to have all my tools and stuff on a seperate machine from FS...connection via simconnect or widefs is available

Yes, the program can run over network. The client PC should have Internet access for the METAR and the map. If the FS is not found on the menu must be connected to the client PC FS folder of the main PC as a network drive and the path then point to this network drive.   

WideFS or Simconnecr is not necessary, since only reads data from the FS folder, not from the FS itself. If I add a data import FSUIPC\/WideFS is necessary.

Skino

Thank you for your 64bit optimised version, but it didn't work.  I also tried the latest version you uploaded, that also failed. I tried disabling my anti-virus, but it made no difference.

I appreciate your efforts though

Rob

Rob Payne

Can you try the program on a different PC or laptop?

The path to the program may be too long. Copy the Derate folder on the C: rootfolder  and try again.

Does anyone have the program running on Win8?

Thank you for your effort to help our community, but I have found a bug.

If I select hPa and I want to write the current pressure, the option will revert back to inHg!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

This is a feature, not a bug. :Whistle:   It is necessary to have defined values. The input is possible only in iHg and ° C. Then please switch if desired. It is changed in one of the next updates.

Currently, I have installed the monitoring of the MTOW and improved the MAP.