Sign in to follow this  
lassekronborg

Derate calculator for 777-200LR available

You can change the font color ;)

It tests only whether VB 2010 programs basically work on this PC, or is the problem in the code of the tool.

I've rewritten large parts of the code, and hope that it works at all.  :Praying: 

I could test still not intensive. I'm counting on you.  The A button is visible again and the (roughly) calculated assumed temperature can be applied with a single mouse click.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8093030/777DeRate.zip.html

Skino

Works fine, thanks

Rob

Rob Payne

@JG

This error is immediately at startup or when you change something in the tool?

it is immediately at startup, and like the older versions, the app isnt showing at all, it shows about 3 seconds in the task manager.

...the error isnt showed as a popup, but i found it reading the os`s application protocol.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Really excellent work guys, much appreciated, thanks for putting the time and effort into doing this!   Works beautifully for me.

Kind regards.

The last update for the next 2 days. I found some small bugs in the code and corrected.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxbxn2x5d9aiwz7/777DeRate.zip

The VB2010 debugger shows no errors:

------ Build started: Project: 777 Derate, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
777 Derate -> E:\777 Derate\777 Derate\bin\Debug\777 Derate.exe
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have no idea what still to do if that also does not work  :Cry:

there's something wrong with the tool. I made only a test. Starting in Skiathos (LGSK) runway has only 5341ft. I put the Takeoff weight close to MTOW, and the programmed "says" RUNWAY OK ? :O

With full respect and appreciation for the nice work.......but........ If I add all the parameters to the tool it will give me a Flex temp of 50C for example .....now if I change the temperature or wind speed or even the continent :) I still get 50C ???  don't get  it ??

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

With full respect and appreciation for the nice work.......but........ If I add all the parameters to the tool it will give me a Flex temp of 50C for example .....now if I change the temperature or wind speed or even the continent :) I still get 50C ???  don't get  it ??

True Skino. Thanks for the link :-)

Also the way the calculations are done, you do not calculate your assumed temperature. You validate the temperature you choose. The more you derate (fixed or assumed) the lower your takeoff field limit weight will be. If that weight is lower than your actual TOW you have derated too much.

// Lasse Kronborg

You're absolutely right. The correct assumed temperature is validated through the corresponding tables. Therefore, I dont enter the value in the form. The tool only creates a rough calculated value. This is based on rules of thumb by real pilots and based for example on OAt, TOW and runway length. This is a proposal, which of course must be validated.

I have insufficient knowledge of the matter and must rely on the knowledge of others in the formulas.