Sign in to follow this  
lassekronborg

Derate calculator for 777-200LR available

Hi skino,

It looks like it's getting better and better.....

anyway...

I just tested again with your posted version and I respect your choice to calculate in kg.... but then you do offer to calculate in lbs, so how do I change to lbs. ? (since I'm Austrian) i don't mind the C° and hPa, I just need to calculate with lbs, since PMDG's aircraft calculate in lbs..... (I know one can change that, but then Passenger weight for the NGX for instance is 79,4 kg .... and not the nice round 175 lbs..)......and other minor weight problems

so that's how I'm trying to do it.....

Before I enter anything I choose TOW > lbs..... then start to enter ICAO and as soon as I click to enter the TOW in lbs it changes to kg.....(on click release).........so I can only enter kg, and if I then change to lbs, it calculates the kg to lbs.......but I dont want to enter kg..... I want to enter lbs, and stay with lbs...

Question: If I show smaller METAR window the METAR data can be directly written off or transferred with copy and paste 
Should the window remain so?

fragee4r08gu3fj.jpg

Hi skino....

Download from your post #47 ...you are putting a biiiiiiig grin into my face! gg   works, looks absolutely superb.... and is just perfect ;-)) I personnaly like the extra METAR window, just as you have it right now..... I saw that it is already calculating, are these calculations valid yet?.... I mean could I use them?.... 

anyhow, superb Job, and thanks again for your contribution.....

MFG

No, it involved only the runway length at this version. The (hopefully) final tool is still at my beta testers, testing whether the calculated data agree. I have not idea of the matter, I'm just a programmer and must rely on the experienced pilots.  :Cuppa: 

The tool is then set to real 772 and must be adapted with the help of the community to the PMDG.
It's great fun to develop this small project with the community together.  :good: 

Also in my freeware EFB, I work together with a German-speaking Forum. Much better than alone in the dark cellar ;)

Hi Skino,

I love your calculator. Unfortunately, some of the data is outdated. Leipzig-Halle Aiport (EDDP) has changed it's runway layout in 2007, to two parallel runways. Of course, FSX, by default, has still the old layout. It used to be 8, 10, 26 and 28 but is now 8L, 8R, 26L and 26R. All of them are 3,600m (11,811ft) long. Would it be possible to update the data?

Regards,

Patrick Krolzik

Another JIT crash while attempting to backspace in the TOW field.  Looking very good otherwise:)

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string ",534" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   at _777_Derate.Form1.TextBox6_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1008 (RTMGDR.030319-1000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
777 Derate
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/jordana/Downloads/777DeRate/777%20Derate.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Great work Skino, your efforts are appreciated :)

Cheers,

23.png

Looking good, and ACARS also looks interesting, when we likely to see that?

download the tiny one in the center I too was confused by this

kav

Does anyone else get a login screen pop up when you click on this thread?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Kav,

Thanks it did work  :smile:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

The runway data is from my FS. To update the data please download the MakeRunway. EXE here.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Then only the EXE, not the folder, copy in the FS root directory and start. The file Runway.CSV is created. This file copy in the Data directory of the DeRate- calculator and you have the current runway data of your installed airports.

Start the EXE and copy the CSV, when new airports have been installed. Maybe I integrate a database update function in the Calkulator.

You're absolutely right. I've set the weight to lbs. Still waiting for the confirmation of "my" pilots. Until then, the current version is here.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8083456/777DeRate.zip.html

Known bug: If an airport from the Favorites is called the announcement occurs twice.

Thank you Skino it's a great tool.

Just on detail, can you add a switch to use both Kgs and Lbs as TOW? Similar as you've done for the QNH?

So both European and American people can do their calculations without boring conversion.

Thank you for your effort.

Diego.