Sign in to follow this  
bigrobmjca

Do you spend more time flying or working on FSX?

Initially, I spent hour after hour tweaking and adjusting, but once I achieved acceptable results, I stopped tweaking FSX and started flying.  Now that I've gotten into Airport Design Editor X, I spend way too much time adjusting the airports that I visit or intend to visit.  Now I'm thinking I need to learn Gmax or some other modeling program so I can design custom buildings... oh, that will mean even less time flying. :vava:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Fly most times get scenery bug and spiffy up local airports add objects and trees. Only tweak regular and fullsize screen for instant scenery.

havnt  tweak anything at all since I don't  fly  the fp counter at all,  just the  aircraft :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Definitely working..  Whether adding to UT2, fixing AI props, calibrating controllers, etc. 

Ernest Pergrem

You forgot an option: do you spend more time flying, tweaking or talking about FSX? I clearly spend more time on the various forums talking about FSX than I spend flying. I don't tweak that much anymore, if at all.

definitely flying.. you don't need alot of tweaks just to run fsx smoothly. for me what i do is a just go to venetubo site then ill just let them edit it. then after that voila! my fsx is ready to depart :D  

I spend more time tweaking and talking, but that's only because I'm a student and have a lot of homework and studying to do, so most of my time for FS comes in chunks that are too small for any real flying... When I have time, I fly.

I don't tweak, have none of the tweaks added/installed, but have my sliders set to what works, mostly full on, with autogen at normal and I fly. i spend more time developing though, I start a flight and at some point into it I see things i want to change, write them down and after the flight start researching.. Majority of my flights start off with checking scenery and the next thing I know I am miles away, LOL.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I love it when these questions popup! I am the point now where I have my system tuned pretty darned good for FSX, so I am finally flying more. But I have to tell you, for me tweaking my system is part of the fun, and I don't like fun to end.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

You should stop tweaking--try watching Breaking Bad it may help you live out this part of your life vicariously  :blink:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Once I had my FSX set up in a way that seems quite well-performing and stable, I can spend most of my time flying, but the problem is, I hardly have time to fly.

You should stop tweaking--try watching Breaking Bad it may help you live out this part of your life vicariously  :blink:

I have actually considered Breaking Bad, but I usually end up just breaking wind. :unsure:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

FSX is like owning a classic car. You spend your weeknights tinkering, tweaking and adjusting things until the wee hours only to take it out for a spin for an hour on the weekends.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

FSX is like owning a classic car. You spend your weeknights tinkering, tweaking and adjusting things until the wee hours only to take it out for a spin for an hour on the weekends.

LOL!  Yep, pretty much true and I have been there and done that!