Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

'DRAFT' watermark on every page of the manual?!

Hi,

I bought the 777 and I'm very impressed - surely one of the best addons available!

The only thing that confuses me is the fact that I have a gray 'DRAFT' watermark on every single page of the documentation except the tutorial and the introduction. What makes reading the manuals needlessly complicated. So I'm wondering if this watermark is intended?

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

No.  Everyone has it.  There isn't anything we can do about it until they release new manuals.

We all have them.  If I'm not mistaken, the word draft is present because the first three manuals are the property of Boeing and used by PMDG with permission.

Chris Sunseri

Yeah, that's not what "DRAFT" means :-). NGX manuals were used with permission from Boeing, yet they don't have that watermark.

I don't find it annoying or disturbing, nor am I sure if it will be removed in the future, but it would be a little bit easier to read without it :-).

Draft being "not final".

Maybe because it's Boeing stuff, it's a "non operational" version of a real (operational) document, and it has a mark there to stop you from getting in a real 300 million dollar 777 with that document as your primary resource, but isn't a "This stuff is fictional" type stamp, because it actually isn't (fictional).

Or maybe it's a draft and PMDG is intending on having a final version in the future.

I prefer option 1.

I have the hardcopy captains set, and luckily, no draft watermark on those ;)

23.png

I find this quite annoying as well, not on my computer, on there it is just a watermark I can barely see. However on my Galaxy S4 it appears as bold writing and makes it impossible to read the manual.

Regards,

I find this quite annoying as well, not on my computer, on there it is just a watermark I can barely see. However on my Galaxy S4 it appears as bold writing and makes it impossible to read the manual.

Regards,

Yes same here. Can't believe it was left in there.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

ISkysoft has a pdf editor that will allow you to remove watermarks, although I haven't tried it yet. There are other programs that will allow you to do this as well. You might also try a program that converts pdf-Word-pdf. I'm almost positive you could remove it by converting to Word then resaving it as a pdf if so desired.

Chris Sunseri