Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Which Mesh

Hi all

I'm thinking of buying ftx global but was wondering if I should buy some sort of mesh as I think I'm only using the stock fsx mesh. I already have a few ftx scenery areas but don't know if they come with there own mesh or not, I have all UK and PNW.

What is considered to be the best mesh out there at the moment

Thanks

Pete Little

I use FSGenesis with great success, I've had a few situations where some airports were on plateaus but I was able to use ADE to flatten them to match the more accurate FSGenesis terrain (not sure if there is a simply/auto way to fix them. 

Unfortunately it seems that FSGenesis' sceneries have to be considered as being as they are today without providing any support anymore. I'm Galaxy Member for quite a while now and I can see that my "lifetime membership" went down the drain. I even wasn't able to find out a single valid and working mail address of Justin.

BTW, I tumbled over this tread while searching for more information about FSGenesis.

Regards,
Axel

I've been using FSGenesis since I got back into FS a few years ago and it's a great product.

However, considering that you're thinking about buying FTX Global and since FTX has partnered with FSGlobal on their new vector project if I was buying new I would take a hard look at FS Global.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Unfortunately it seems that FSGenesis' sceneries have to be considered as being as they are today without providing any support anymore. I'm Galaxy Member for quite a while now and I can see that my "lifetime membership" went down the drain. I even wasn't able to find out a single valid and working mail address of Justin.

BTW, I tumbled over this tread while searching for more information about FSGenesis.

I just bought the Europe package and the web site states if you spend over $24 you get a global mesh free ... I emailed the support email address and got a reply within 24 hours and the mesh was added to my account no problems.

I have read a few post stating the sites not working or he's closing down but my recent experience is everything is good with FSGenesis, faultless in my experience.

Only bad issue I found in Europe regarding mesh was around Alicante, I made my own Morph-Mesh to fillet out the issues and all is good, im not saying all the other airports are fine but the ones I tried were 100% ok or very little in the way of issues to worry about.

I think with mesh we have to understand that most of the data (if not all) comes from 3rd parties (NASA as an example) and the data they get is converted for our use so it is unlikely to be perfect, especially as its more than likely scanned from space and cant tell the difference between the heights of trees, buildings or good old terra firmer.

As far as getting newer mesh im not sure anyone is scanning the earth for 3d mapping anymore ... apart from the CIA and maybe the military!!

Don't discount FSGenesis .. but be warned ... the files are big.

Rich

I'm Galaxy Member for quite a while now and I can see that my "lifetime membership" went down the drain. I even wasn't able to find out a single valid and working mail address of Justin

I was also a longtime, lifetime Galaxy member but it is my understanding the program has been changed.  

Everything I purchased from FSGenesis has worked as advertised.  I saw on one of the other FS websites where Justin was interviewed. 

Did you send Justin an email through the Support portion on the FSGenesis website? 

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

What a coincidence. I am also FSGenesis galaxy member and long time user. Way back to 2004! and I am in the process of rigging-up a new PC with nes install.

I am preciseli gathering all the dpwnloads from my account at FSGenesis to make the installation on top of my fresh-FSX.

I always recieved good and prompt support from Justin at FSGenesis. But over the last few days I sent some questions and I did not get answers.

Is FSGenesis out of business? If that is the case I might non install the FSGEnesis mesh in the new PC!

Alvaro

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

FSGenesis was sold to another Flight Sim company, and the Galaxy memberships were discontinued.

Justin Thyme started a new company called Toposim or something like that, where he will custom fix problems like airport plateaus created by his FSGenesis mesh for a fee.

Bill

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I just bought the Europe package and the web site states if you spend over $24 you get a global mesh free ... I emailed the support email address and got a reply within 24 hours and the mesh was added to my account no problems.

Same here, I've had no issues either withe e-mailing support to get the global mesh added (response within a few hours).  As for the issues with airport elevations, with a little know how you can clean up any airports you fly around that end up having plateau problems. 

Hi Pete,

I bought FS Global about a week ago, in prep' for FTX Vector etc They now work together with Orbx, cost £50. uses 25 gig on HD, covers the whole world apart from Canada!

May be worth a try?

Mal...

I'm using Pilot's FSGlobal mesh with FTX Global, the deciding factor was that Orbx has partnered with Pilot's for their forthcoming Vector product.

I was also a longtime, lifetime Galaxy member but it is my understanding the program has been changed.  

Everything I purchased from FSGenesis has worked as advertised.  I saw on one of the other FS websites where Justin was interviewed. 

Did you send Justin an email through the Support portion on the FSGenesis website? 

Billy Bluestar

I tried about 5 different mail addresses and I can say that I've had mail conversation with Justin in the past via different input channels. My remarks where not intended to blame him in any way. FSGenesis is a great product on Justin's support worked in most cases well. This time each try ended up with unknown mail addresses bouncing my mails back. And yes, I tried the support on his FSGenesis store page as well. The bookmarked support forum is closed and the new site "FSGenesis Network" has two links, both pointing to the store and one logon button that finally ends at a "World Press" login.

Regards,
Axel

I've been with Justin before he came out with mesh scenery back when he was doing Delmarva,  I was one of the first Galaxy members and certainly got more than my money's worth.

But times change and with Orbx tailoring Vector to work with FSGlobal Ultimate I have ordered all three Ultimate mesh packages that will cover the world.  Due to size alone I think FSGlobal Ultimate will be an improvement.  The three packages will take up 100GB, considerably more than FSGenesis.

FSGenesis was an old friend.  But like smart phones replaced the Princess land-line it's time move up.

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.