Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

Pmdg 777 & Fsinn

2 Topic starter- just use FSInn UI.exe instead of dll.

Can be annoying because you swap window focus and the sound cuts out when you do something like, move a window, click the METAR button, type a text message or private message, Open, type, send your flightplan etc.

Can be annoying because you swap window focus and the sound cuts out when you do something like, move a window, click the METAR button, type a text message or private message, Open, type, send your flightplan etc.

No problems at all when using window mode sim)  

No problems at all when using window mode sim)  

The sound stopping when you switch focus to another window is still a problem if you don't like the sound stopping.

No problems at all when using the Majestic Q400.

Everything else though....

*engine noise* WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*cut* *sound of typing as a text message is type on the FSinn window* *enter key pressed* *Left mouse button click on FSX window again* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

2 fixes are possible:

1: Use the .dll from "Addons > FSDT". You can push these onto a second monitor etc but clicking them doesn't drop the focus from the FSX window.

2: PMDG make a new sound system that works like the Majestic Q400.

The only option is "Silence when you type, look up METAR, open other windows etc. in FSinn"

Starting with the Default whatever plane, opening FSinn, then switching to 777 is an option.

"Not starting at KORD, EHAM etc" is also an option that I have found that works.

I'm guessing the load of the big scenery + 777 is just too much for FSinn to roll it's startup sequence. I'm not sure if it's VAS (you don't get OOM's, it just stops loading FSinn and crashes) or Processor power (I usually find one of my processors goes to 100% use and stays there till the sim crashes) or something else, but for me, Aerosoft EHAM+NL2000 Netherlands+PMDG777 (or 737 actually) = Crash when FSinn starts (boots).

Flying into EHAM with everything running is fine, just starting FSinn there doesn't work.

Remove any one thing from the sequence and no crash.

so PMDG777 at NL2000 EHRD = No crash when FSinn is opened.

Default C172 at Aerosoft EHAM + NL2000 = No crash when FSinn is opened.

PMDG777 at Default EHAM + NL2000 = No crash when FSinn is opened.

PMDG777 at Aerosoft EHAM + NL2000 = Freeze then crash when FSinn is opened.

PMDG777 flying into Aerosoft EHAM + NL2000 from somewhere else = No crash at any point with FSinn already running. (Just don't close and reopen FSinn!)

As I said, I have also had issues at KORD (FSDT) and KLAX.

Oddly I don't get issues at Orbx YMML or YBBN...

PMDG777 at Orbx YBBN = No crash when FSinn is opened.

Bizzare.

Strategy

1. Only load FSinn with a default aircraft loaded up in sim, then swap to 777 once it's up and running
  2. Load FSinn normally at airports where you know crashes don't happen (ie EHRD, KMDW, YMML etc in my case) then reposition or slew or fly to the desired departure point once FSinn has completed booting up (before connecting to vatsim though ^_^  )
  3. Worst Case: Use the exe file and just deal with the sound cutting out every time you left mouse click any FSinn related window, button or typing area etc.

I am talking about when running FSINN from inside of FSX.

So am I.

I have tested it on many occasions (for my own purposes) and 9 times out of 10 the User Interface will not load nor scan any of the aircraft if I am in a complex aircraft such as the 777 before FSINN has finished loading (I will just end up with a blackscreen and an eventual "Not responding" message after selecting Addons - FSCopilot - Inn Control Panel).

That is not normal behaviour for FSInn at all. When running correctly it does not struggle with complex aircraft (or scenery), it just doesn't. I've just done a test. I loaded the default 172 at a non-sceneried airport and the CP took 4 seconds to load. I then rebooted and from 'fly now' loaded the 777 at a heavily sceneried airport, the CP took 4 seconds to load. Identical. So, the solution lies somewhere other than that.

FYI, I've run FSInn since v1.0 on 6 different computers (some 'under-specced' for FS), 2 FS versions over 3 operating systems in 9 years and never seen this loading problem so there is something fundamental going wrong with either how it or FS is installed or what it is being given to work with. I'll give a basic rundown of how mine is set up....

Everything runs on the local machine and the same HDD, namely c:.

Everything - FS, the various FSInn programs etc are ALL set to run "As Administrator".

Everything was installed using "As Adminstrator" - FS, FScopilot, FSInn, all addons, all installers, the lot.

All the required modules are cleared through the firewall and all FS folders are listed as exceptions from AV monitoring.

FSInn settings:

Basic - General - Graphical borders off, Internet online mode off

Various - all unchecked

Aircraft - Synchronise a/c repository on startup is on, everything else off

FSFDT Control Panel - FSCopilot is set to 'specific' and Localhost

" FWInn - Options 1 & 2 - all set off

" Options - Autostart FSFDT with FS (NOT with Windows)

On startup my FSInn is loading 1,794 aircraft which consist of the usual payware add-ons plus the VIP AI set that came as an option with FSInn. NB: it is not unheard of for there to be problems with a rogue aircraft being loaded but that doesn't usually interrupt the startup, it's more likely to cause an issue when one is encountered as one flies.

Everything with the one exception of my UK photo scenery is installed to its default directory. I know that goes against lots of people's ideas but I've always believed that defaults exist for a reason and if a default folder causes a problem then fix the folder, not the installation. I never run UAC and I "own" my default FS folder.

My suspicion with these CP loading problems is that it's something very basic at fault. Something not set "as administrator", something 'non standard' about the installation or something not cleared through a firewall.

FYI the modules that must be cleared through the firewall are:

FSFDTCP.exe

FSInnUI.exe

FWINN.exe

FSInnUIVVL

Hopefully something in that lot is of use. If not then there is something else on these systems which is causing the problem and we're then into needles and haystacks.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

So am I.

That is not normal behaviour for FSInn at all. When running correctly it does not struggle with complex aircraft (or scenery), it just doesn't. I've just done a test. I loaded the default 172 at a non-sceneried airport and the CP took 4 seconds to load. I then rebooted and from 'fly now' loaded the 777 at a heavily sceneried airport, the CP took 4 seconds to load. Identical. So, the solution lies somewhere other than that.....

I have everything setup exactly how the FSINN guides explained how to since installing it any other way will cause FSINN not to work. I've set it up nearly exactly alike to how you have it set up and I have done this on over 3 computers numerous times in the last few years.  I've been using FSINN since late 2008 and its always been this way for me, I just assumed thats the program bumping heads with the aircraft. I think its weird that its like this but other people have had the same exact "issue" like me and I always ended up telling them to stay in a default aircraft then load FSINN to see what happens and it turns out to be the only way FSINN will load. I guess its mostly like this because FSINN was never a finished program to begin with..

I always follow these instructions down to the period and it always works for me. http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20466&sid=dd35bf667752c97402494e96a8e97eb9

No issues here with fsinn and 777. Not sure what happened to yours but it's not an issue with the 777 alone. Must have something else going on.

Justin whetstone

A few years back I was a heavy user of VATSIM and FSINN. I am a bit rusty now, but I distinctly remember that FSINN (a) is excellent once working but ( b ) can be quirky.

One particular quirk that I recall is that even once it is installed correctly, FSINN sometimes appears to freeze FSX when it (FSINN) loads, if FSX is running in full screen mode. I remember this happened regularly when I ran FSINN for the FIRST time in any new installation of FSX. I also remember that it would sometimes happen after I had left FSX alone for a few weeks - as if in gallic indignation at the neglect.

When this happened, the solution was to wait a bit, then ctrl-alt-del out of the situation, re-start FSX and just try again. This time it would usually work. If not, then try running FSX in windowed mode until FSINN is up and running.

Tim

Hi all,

I am having problems starting Fsinn when I have loaded the 777, I load Fsx select my airport and the 777, I wait for the 777 to initialise and then try and load Fsinn from the menu bar but Fsx freezes up. If I load say the trike first then load fsinn then select the 777 all is ok.

Before having the 777 I used use the Ngx and pmdg 747 with fsinn without issues., I now can't use these without loading a default aircraft first.

Mark.

Try loading FSINN without a flight plan entered in FSX.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

I have fixed my problem with SB freezing. It may have been related to not having Windows media player installed. I have read somewhere that not having WMP installed will cause error in FSInn. I switch to fsinn briefly because of SB freezing, but then I was getting errors in fsinn

I had unstalled wmp because I use VLC. Once I reinstalled it I have no more freezing with SB. Them same may hold true for fsinn

The only time I have problems with freezes, is when I don't start FSinn right after the 777 finishes initializing. If I start making a lot FMC inputs and forget to start FSinn, I sometimes get a freeze when I try to open it.

Pete Locascio

Since these issues always seem to relate running FS in full screen (which I never do) I just tried it. 777 at a sceneried airport in full screen loaded from 'fly now' and I got a very unexpected result when loading the Control Panel. It loaded QUICKER than in windowed mode!

As I said, I suspect these problems are the result of something other than 'just FSInn' because it doesn't cause such issues by itself IF it's installed and running correctly. My suspicion in this case is actually a graphics issue since in full screen it does initially blank the screen then refresh it on load. What's the betting that with all the rabid fiddling that goes on with graphics settings for FSX that "a tweak" somewhere is causing this?

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Despite some good FS Inn tips from Bill Casey, I too was still having this issue that began only recently.

We all tend to install and update things besides the recent PMDG 777, so I was trying to think what else CHANGED on my system...

BINGO!  Video driver!

I had been running the Nvidia version 310.90 driver and recently updated it for a <cough>game</cough> to the beta 331.40 and subsequently to the WHQL 331.58 versions.  Upon re-installing the older 310.90 drivers, FS Inn no longer freezes on startup after loading either the 777X or NGX at any complex airport.

I'm sure other older versions work too, this just happened to be the one I had been using.  I hope that helps anyone else with this issue using Nvidia drivers.  I'm guessing those without the issue haven't updated theirs or are using AMD GPUs.

Chris Lundberg

I've had this same issue, since installing the 777.  I've done all the checks as outlined here, but still cannot get FS-Inn to bootup without using the Trike or a basic aircraft, before trying to bootup FS-Inn from the Addons menu of FSX.  I'm thinking it's a problem with FS-Inn & not the 777, as I had absolutely no problems with FS-Inn and the PMDG 737 or any other plane, until the 777.  If there's a support staff with a pulse for FS-Inn any longer, I'm not aware of them.  If anyone here has gotten any recent help from the FS-Inn people, sure would be nice to hear about it.