Sign in to follow this  
markparslow

Pmdg 777 & Fsinn

Hi all,

I am having problems starting Fsinn when I have loaded the 777, I load Fsx select my airport and the 777, I wait for the 777 to initialise and then try and load Fsinn from the menu bar but Fsx freezes up. If I load say the trike first then load fsinn then select the 777 all is ok.

Before having the 777 I used use the Ngx and pmdg 747 with fsinn without issues., I now can't use these without loading a default aircraft first.

Mark.

I have this problem with just about any quality add on a/c. Start with a default aircraft (i use a default 738) at the parking spot you will be starting at. Start FSInn. After its started select the aircraft you want to use. I have had to do this with FSInn since before the T7 was released. Seems like a pain but when its part of how I start up I don't even notice anymore.,

Richie Walsh

I'm not seeing this issue at all, FSInn starts up just fine from the menu bar having loaded the 777 from 'fly now'. Have you checked your dll.xml to make sure FSCopilot is the last entry?

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Yep I have Fscopilot at the bottom of the dll.xml file, I have uninstalled both fscopilot and fsinn and reinstalled them but still having the same issue, one other issue I have spotted is that with the fsinn control panel open in the vc in full screen mode I lose a good 7-10 fps, if I go to windowed mode of any other view in full screen I get my 30.fps back, I am sure this is a new issue since installing the 777.

Don't get me wrong I love this aircraft and it works great if I load a default aircraft first but this is a bit frustrating as it worked fine with the NGX.

Mark

Mark

Are you running FSinn on the same machine as FSX or networked? If networked then your start delay could be to do with how you've configured the networking part. I run it on the FSX machine to minimise any potential issues and there's no notable performance penalty (on my system).

FYI I always run FSX windowed because I use two screens and have loads of windows open on the second screen (incl the chat & atc windows from FSinn). You can minimise frame loss by a) Using the Mini CP and b) Turning off the FSInn graphical borders.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I am running from one computer only, I do normal like flying in full screen but I will plug an old 19 inch LCD in and see how I get on with that idea, maybe a way of not having to print charts aswel.

Mark.

This one is interesting, I had this problem since I start using FSINN and NGX always crashed, tonight after reading the comment from Bill Casey I disabled the graphical borders.

E voilà Fsinn just boot in the NGX as normal, so I have to pay a shot to Bill for this nice advice.

Thank you

Bill

Now all aircraft works as it should.

I'm switching to windowed mode only for FSInn startup, i have FSInn networked. On every start, FSInn scans my aircrafts and i leave FSX in windowed mode untill that is finished. If not, FSX appears like freezed, but in fact everything is ok, nothing bad happens if i leave it full screen, but i prefer to go windowed to see progress bar and that everything is ok. 

Like Bill says, just check that FSinn is the last entry in DLL.XML, and it's a very good idea for FSUIPC to be the first one

Just as an FYI be sure to load FSX up with like the tricycle and load FSINN then switch into the 777. FSINN has an issue loading up if your in a complex plane before you load the control panel. 

I get this issue at certain airports. Aerosoft EHAM is one, FSDT KLAX is another.

Either starting the 777 somewhere else (ie EHRD or KMDW), or starting a simple aircraft then swapping to the 777 will avoid the problem.

Just as an FYI be sure to load FSX up with like the tricycle and load FSINN then switch into the 777. FSINN has an issue loading up if your in a complex plane before you load the control panel. 

Sorry but I disagree. That sounds like a symptom of something else at play since I and a lot of others have always loaded the desired aircraft direct from 'fly now' and then opened the CP, never had a problem.

Btw, I have FSFDTCP set to load as soon as FS starts so that's already in my task tray before the aircraft itself loads.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

I'm experiencing the same problem only with squawk box. Everything I load my plane and connect with SB FSX freezes and close. No error in the event viewer and it only happens with the T7.  I was about to give up when I decided to use the A2A C172 and connected then switch the plane to the T7 and everything worked.

Pierre

I have been running the 737 & 777 on Win 7 64 with FSInn on both the FSX PC and on the networked 2nd PC without any issues whatsoever.  My suggestion is that you post in the FSInn support Forum in Vatsim and hopefully Ernesto will be able to assist you.

Sorry but I disagree. That sounds like a symptom of something else at play since I and a lot of others have always loaded the desired aircraft direct from 'fly now' and then opened the CP, never had a problem.

Btw, I have FSFDTCP set to load as soon as FS starts so that's already in my task tray before the aircraft itself loads.

I am talking about when running FSINN from inside of FSX. I should probably rephrase this as "FSINNUI" It has been my experience in any aircraft that is as complex as a PMDG it is better to start FSINN in the tricycle and then switch once all the aircraft have been scanned. I know numerous people who have had an issue loading the User Interface after selecting a complex aircraft and I have tested it on many occasions (for my own purposes) and 9 times out of 10 the User Interface will not load nor scan any of the aircraft if I am in a complex aircraft such as the 777 before FSINN has finished loading (I will just end up with a blackscreen and an eventual "Not responding" message after selecting Addons - FSCopilot - Inn Control Panel). the Control Panel on the taskbar is something different, its always there but the inner interface inside of the addons menu of FSX is a different story in my case. I dont really see it as being an annoyance either since I prefer loading a default aircraft first then switching. I guess FSINN gives everyone different results when using it.