Sign in to follow this  
Arklight1

SAAB Released!

You know where. :P

Sorry, can't link on this thing. Lol

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Super news! This will make a great Sunday tomorrow!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Alexander Colka

This will be my first XP payware!

I'm only on an iPhone but the pics look very good indeed.

Can someone just tell me how the GPS is? How far is that modelled?

Thanks.

Just bought it.  I've been looking forward for this one too.  Well, let's go see what we got.  B)

Can someone just tell me how the GPS is? How far is that modelled?

Leel, the real SAAB 340A were not fitted out with a GPS. They flew VOR/NDB.

AFAIK an un-intrusive GPS is only added to this SAAB, so people can fly RNAV routes .... so don't look for a fully modeled Garmin ... this plane is promised to be as faithful a model to the original as LES could make it.

BTW .. the plane is just fantabulously AWESOME! :) I'm flying it as I post this!

Wonderful! I am glad to find this just before mid-night. Now I have to decide how much sleep am I going sleep just to check out this new Saab.

Keith Guillory

Leel, the real SAAB 340A were not fitted out with a GPS. They flew VOR/NDB.

AFAIK an un-intrusive GPS is only added to this SAAB, so people can fly RNAV routes .... so don't look for a fully modeled Garmin ... this plane is promised to be as faithful a model to the original as LES could make it.

BTW .. the plane is just fantabulously AWESOME! :) I'm flying it as I post this!

That's right I forgot about the GPS! The EADI/EHSI threw me.

Cheers

She's a great add-on! The auto-start is very cool as is the easy to get to menu system located on the right.

There's a few visual things I am not too fond of though (posted in their support forum).

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Thanks for all the support, guys! It excites us to see posts like these, and the feedback we have received via e-mail has been overwhelming! To see so many people enjoying this add-on in such short time really puts a smile on our face!

A big thanks, for sure!

Founder of X-Aviation

CONGRATULATIONS to X-Aviation, you and Goran!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

from the screenshots posted the cockpit looks somewhat sterile and artificial to me. somehow it lacks that Carenado-beautiful and pretty artist style. everything seems to be that same plastic grey tone. otherwise I would have purchased it.

from the screenshots posted the cockpit looks somewhat sterile and artificial to me. somehow it lacks that Carenado-beautiful and pretty artist style. everything seems to be that same plastic grey tone. otherwise I would have purchased it.

I watched some youtube videos on the real Saab and it actually looks the same, maybe the pics are not on "extreme texture setting".

Very unusual statement, considering all the texture work was done using several hundred hi res photographs taken from an actual Saab 340 cockpit and approved by no less than 4 Saab 340 pilots.  We didn't aim for a "beautiful and pretty artist style".  We aimed for "realistic".  And going by the feedback of our testers and our customers, we hit that nail on the head.

In any case, enjoy your Carenado fleet of aircraft.

You couldn't be more wrong ... I've used with both HDR and without, and the texturing for this plane is the most true to life I've seen in XP. Clean and plastic? Not on your nelly ... it's superb! There's finger grime marks all around the various switches ... very authentic.

However, it's not only in the graphics region where the SAAB shines ... I had my right engine fail on me while I was impatiently trying to get in the air .. how did I know that something was wrong (almost immediately?) ... I had the engine noise in my right earphone go strangely quiet and my plane began straining and shuddering slightly to the right! Very believable ... this is a beautiful model ... LES and X-Aviation have done the XP10 community proud. Currently the LES SAAB in my opinion is without s shred of doubt THE BEST aircraft in X-Plane! (Hey .. I love turboprops! :lol: )

P.S. Don't get me started on the menu system either ... it leads the way in XP for functionality. Especially the slaving of views of the specific cockpit region required to the checklist ... now that is downright inspired! Makes learning the complex startup procedures a cinch.

If you're an X-Planer (and even if you're not) this plane should be savored and explored! Cheers!

P.S.S I truly hope that AVSIM will post the SAAB event on the forum ... it jolly well deserves to be there :wub: .