Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Real Air Duke v2.0 Released

I am having CTDs... 3rd one in the last 15 min..anyone else have this issue?

Appcrash view

----------------------

LoadedModule[241]=F:\FSX\GAUGES\RASDuke_Sound.GAU
Sec[0].Key=LCID
Sec[0].Value=1033
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working

Event Viewer
----------------

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002e3be
Faulting process id: 0x30a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cec10865e7624f
Faulting application path: F:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: a8f8f092-2d03-11e3-bf8f-c86000be5f20

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Just wanted to give another clue on the loss of clickspot issue some folks were having.  I did have a problem where I kept losing my clickspots when I was entering my flightplan in the RealityXP GNS.  Reseting the airplane fixed it but then it would happen again, usually when I pressed the Ent button.  I restarted FSX and the problem stopped happening.  If I get more info I'll post it.

Hi gregg,

We're grateful for any feedback about this in order to indentify the issue. In testing we had just two clickspot failures in many many flights and these were cleared immediately on aircraft reload which is a very quick key press. We think half of these issues could be eliminated straight away by eliminating camera addon clashes which are most definitely the major cause. These addons must be carefully set up so key presses are not assigned to similar native functions and this is emphasised by for example EZDOK support. Our certain knowledge is that around 1% or less are having CS problems but of course those without do not bother posting here and those with them do. I'm pretty certain this is not similar to mass CS problems discussed re other products, but I'm open minded if more reports come in.

Nor would we ever expect customers to trouble shoot or "beta" test on our behalf. However, it might be useful to eliminate other variables before laying the issue at our door. Some power users have an awful lot of addons running simultaneously, all with their own click keys or commands. Others have FSUIPC settings which can clash on all sorts of things (for example apparently there is an ADF auto tune function whose effect on our aircraft can be to create a permanent loop of tuning (I do not have the details and I'm only passing on what a customer told me and not in any way citing FSUIPC itself). Other power users are implementing all sorts of exotic tweaks, the impacts of which are not really known in full. All I can recommend at the moment is to eliminate the obvious stuff, then add in one by one until a link can be established.

I do emphasise that this is not a global or even common issue, and our 1% is if anything pessimistic. We are searching for a fix for that tiny minority nevertheless.

• Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Bizarrely, the only time I had loss of clickspots in this aircraft was the very very first time I loaded it.    This was on top of another complex aircraft, and when the B60 2.0 loaded, I had no clickspots.    I re-loaded the B60 and still had no clickspots.   I restarted FSX, loaded the B60 directly from the free flight menu and never had a problem since (and I flew 4 hours solid last night in the B60, from the bottom of Europe to the top). :smile:

I am having CTDs... 3rd one in the last 15 min..anyone else have this issue?

Appcrash view

----------------------

LoadedModule[241]=F:\FSX\GAUGES\RASDuke_Sound.GAU
Sec[0].Key=LCID
Sec[0].Value=1033
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working

Event Viewer
----------------

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002e3be
Faulting process id: 0x30a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cec10865e7624f
Faulting application path: F:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: a8f8f092-2d03-11e3-bf8f-c86000be5f20

Hi Manny,

Please email me at support. I think I might know what is causing this for you, looking at the error log.

Bizarrely, the only time I had loss of clickspots in this aircraft was the very very first time I loaded it.    This was on top of another complex aircraft, and when the B60 2.0 loaded, I had no clickspots.    I re-loaded the B60 and still had no clickspots.   I restarted FSX, loaded the B60 directly from the free flight menu and never had a problem since (and I flew 4 hours solid last night in the B60, from the bottom of Europe to the top). :smile:

That's useful info. When the Duke loads we actually run some code that resets all variables several times over in the background. Often this is enough, but if you had another CPU intensive aircraft already loaded, FSX can be sluggish or fail competely to flush everything out. Some aircraft can have hundreds of Megabytes still in memory as you load or choose another. What I've been doing is to start FSX, load a default aircraft (C172) then load the Duke, or even better just load a saved flight from a previous Duke outing. This can then be further supported by a quick aircraft (reload) command (as per flying guide) if need be.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Yes definitely Rob, it was very unusual of me to load in that way that led to the clickspot loss.

I have loaded the B60 directly (or from a saved flight that uses it) at least 10 times since and have had no loss of clickspots, even after 4 hours in use.

Yes definitely Rob, it was very unusual of me to load in that way that led to the clickspot loss.

I have loaded the B60 directly (or from a saved flight that uses it) at least 10 times since and have had no loss of clickspots, even after 4 hours in use.

Thanks Dave and that might be very useful info for others.

Martin,

I respectfully suggest you keep making those 'greaser' touchdowns. You may want to recheck your Realism sliders also. My experience with v2 is just the opposite, I have to make a real effort to get a thud or thump at touchdown.

Rob discussed exactly this subject a few pages earlier in this thread.

Ray

Realism settings are as they should be.

Realism settings are as they should be.

Hmmm.  I guess no two setups in FSX respond the same.  Lots of variables.  Most simmers are still trying for their first 'greaser' so at least you have that going for you.  Maybe it will sort itself out.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ironically, this release has encouraged me to start a proper UK tour.....in the Turbine Duke. I started at Unst in the northern Shetland Isles, and so far I have "hopped" to Lerwick Tingwall and Sumburgh. I will be flying to Fair Isle next, and then on to the various airfields in the Orkneys. In addition to the fact that I prefer the sound of the Turbine Duke's engines, I also like the G-RTDK aircraft colours and winglets, and......most important of all......I can get this plane to stop on all of those very short runways in northern Scotland.

Well, I say "can", but I haven't actually done it yet. Maybe "hope" would be a better word :lol:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ironically, this release has encouraged me to start a proper UK tour.....in the Turbine Duke. I started at Unst in the northern Shetland Isles, and so far I have "hopped" to Lerwick Tingwall and Sumburgh. I will be flying to Fair Isle next, and then on to the various airfields in the Orkneys. In addition to the fact that I prefer the sound of the Turbine Duke's engines, I also like the G-RTDK aircraft colours and winglets, and......most important of all......I can get this plane to stop on all of those very short runways in northern Scotland.

Well, I say "can", but I haven't actually done it yet. Maybe "hope" would be a better word :lol:

Godspeed Christopher Low.

Ray

I find piston twins pretty easy to land.   You have induced lift from props blasting directly over the wings, so when you pull the power you will drop.  You can use this to your advantage and really hit your spots.  I thought the Duchess/Seminole was easier to spot land then a 172.  Likewise if you want a softer landing in a Duke, keep the power on longer and don't cut too quickly.

Cheers

TJ  

I quite like the definite feedback of   "Thump - you are down - now"

Maybe I should have been a Navy Carrier pilot B)

Bert

I quite like the definite feedback of "Thump - you are down - now"

Maybe I should have been a Navy Carrier pilot B)

Yeah, I turned Accufeel on and zeroed everything out except for the teeniest bit of tire screech.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yeah, I turned Accufeel on and zeroed everything out except for the teeniest bit of tire screech.

. . . and what does it sound like now?  B)

Ray

. . . and what does it sound like now?  B)

Ray

I think it's really a season to your tastebuds type of affair.  With mine, I turned off most of the Accu airborne effects since those are basically the same as Real Air has provided, and no need to overdo it, but I left just a little pinch of every thing else, like cabin, shock, and tire chirp.  Just a little, really, that will provide an extra squeek, or pavement sound, periodically, that you wouldn't otherwise get with just Real Air's effects alone.  Meanwhile I left all the Real Air sliders at their factory values.  In Ezdok, I didn't change a thing from what I used with the Version 1, not even the CR effect, which governs the amount of head bump on landing.  You would think that the Ezdok landing effect and the Real Air head landing effect would multiply each other, but in practice, they don't appear to, they just complement each other nicely.  I'm very pleased with the complementary compatibilities.  Nothing torques me off more than when add-ons clash with each other, and I'm not seeing any of that with the Duke.

I find piston twins pretty easy to land. You have induced lift from props blasting directly over the wings, so when you pull the power you will drop. You can use this to your advantage and really hit your spots. I thought the Duchess/Seminole was easier to spot land then a 172. Likewise if you want a softer landing in a Duke, keep the power on longer and don't cut too quickly.

Cheers

TJ

It seems they modelled that sense of dropping if you quickly chop the power quite well, didn't they!  I wish some other planes did that better.