Sign in to follow this  
byork

Airbus Voice Control or Airbus Button Control... which do you prefer?

I don't care as long as it's FS2Crew!!!   biggrin.png

Seriously:

IMO, voice control adds to the self-deception of being a real pilot "in command" rather than feeling like pushing another couple of buttons for my desktop computer game.

No offence intended, though: I'm aware that there's a million reasons for choosing the button version - maybe even more!

Sorry but Button control all the time wins for me. Not got the Airbus version and don't know whether I will now the 777 has been released, it just sits in it's hanger, however the button version is more versatile for me where my PC is situated. I like the NGX version where you can switch between the two. 

Not got the Airbus version and don't know whether I will now the 777 has been released, it just sits in it's hanger,

The 777 and Airbus are very different animals!

You should take the Airbus out for a spin sometime.  B)

Cheers,

Hello

I got probably all the fscrew out there. Some reason, I just like the button better than voice command. I guess I find it easier with the flow than voice command. I don't have the patience for it, I guess that the reason why.

David

I was a button guy but I gave it the voice a try with the NGX that was bundle and I became a voice guy!

I have the dual NGX version and I started with the button version. Then I tried the voice version and grew to prefer it and now I really loike it.

Based on that I bought the voice version for the Airbus X but I do not find it anywhere near as easy as the NGX. Maybe I haven't used it enough yet but I keep getting to points where the FO stops responding and I can't see why. Then to move on I have to manually click the menu to advance it.

I'm finding it quite frustrating and on the point of not bothering with it when flying the Airbus.

Iain Smith

Bryan, I have printed and use the Capt's Flow document and I try not to miss steps. But things keep happening.

For example ATC (Radar Contact) instructed me to descend to FL150 (in Europe). I instructed the FO to "set FL 150" which he did followed by "vertical speed minus one eight zero zero" which he also did. However when descending to the next level, at the vertical speed instruction, said in exactly the same way, he did nothing but just replied "checked".

In fairness, I think I also need to learn the 'Bus more thoroughly before usingfscrew.

Iain

Was the next Flight Level already dialed into the autopilot altitude window?

Please include the CVR log.

The bus is actually very easy to fly, easier than the NGX because it's so automated.

What can be tricky are the myriad of available autopilot commands modeled by FS2Crew.

Bryan, showing my ignorance but where is the CVR log located? A search of the forum came up with nothing!

Iain Smith

doesn't the AXE already come with a FlightOfficer built-in who does all the work while the pilot takes a nap :lol:   what does the FS2Crew version offer?  I don't understand the difference.

doesn't the AXE already come with a FlightOfficer built-in who does all the work while the pilot takes a nap    what does the FS2Crew version offer?  I don't understand the difference.

It's night and day.

We offer "Voice Control" and "Button Control".

I'll let others describe the many differences.

FS2Crew is a flightdeck environment simulation that gives you

• realistic task-sharing,
  • control of triggering and working procedures and checklists
  • and voice-/remote-control

all at the same time.

This is an example, considering the 'Gear-up!' command after takeoff and comparing the built-in configuration Options to FS2Crew:

C/Ls off: You retract the L/G (hit 'G', for example)

C/Ls on, F/O just reading the C/L: You retract the L/G, when the F/O runs the C/L he'll check, whether L/G is actually retracted

C/Ls on, F/O 'active': You'll hear the Captain's voice ("your" voice) calling for "gear up!", then the F/O will retract the L/G. In this configuration you can't intervene: Neither the gear decision nor the timing is in your hands. Same happens with the flaps retraction after takeoff.

A couple of (minor) things are actually off: According to the SOPs reflected in FS2Crew the strobe lights are switched on by the PF, with the built-in F/O, the F/O (PNF) will do this item. For me that's not much of an issue.

The kick I get out of FS2Crew is all the voice-commanding, including telling the F/O to set the FCU, the radios and stuff. Pretty much like a voice-controlled remote control ...

The difference for the Gear-up is: With FS2Crew you issue the gear-up command; you neither raise the gear yourself nor do you hear your voice being played automatically - full control, realistic procedures.