Sign in to follow this  
red259

CTD

After a cross country flight from kjfk to klax (no acceleration used) I was turning on to my final approach and the 777 CTD. I don't have this problem with any other plane, although I have had a number of problems with the 777. 737ngx is fine and so is the q400. This tend to occur on long flights with the 777. I was able to do kjfk to klas with the 737 two nights ago without incident. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I was on vatsim and I just lost an entire afternoon. I have ftx global and the klax is fsdt. In the past I have gotten OOM indicators, but this time that did not occur (I have disabled ut2 and since I was on vatsim I was not running voxatc).

if it was not OOM related then it is difficult to say what went wrong.

Especially if you can not reproduce the CDT.

You can monitor VAS use as described in the PMDG intro manual to make sure it is ot VAS.

Rob Robson

if it was not OOM related then it is difficult to say what went wrong.

Especially if you can not reproduce the CDT.

You can monitor VAS use as described in the PMDG intro manual to make sure it is ot VAS.

Yea, I had downloaded the program to monitor vas, but didn't have it running when this happened. Just from the start fsx is putting up something like 3,500,000. I'm guessing this number includes the addon airport I am at along with the pmdg jet and ftx global? Opus shows up way down the list as another item for weather. The acars program for my virtual airline is at like 900.000. 

You need to follow your Vas readings as mentioned. If your anywhere near 3800 then you need to save your flight, only takes a few seconds and then you can relax.

When fsx reloads it will be a lower vas

ZORAN

(...) Just from the start fsx is putting up something like 3,500,000. (...)

That's way too much on startup: You'll have to think about your textures sizes, graphics settings and disabling (photo)sceneries and not-used airports for the flight.

That's way too much on startup: You'll have to think about your textures sizes, graphics settings and disabling (photo)sceneries and not-used airports for the flight.

It is a lot yes. But when I leave default FSX airport KJFK towards Aerosoft Manhattan X I am looking at 3.8Gb VAS (also have GEX and UTX and FSGenesis mesh). If I have fair weather that is! With grey and rainy or TS I will probably OOM :-(.

This was to be expected to be honest and there is no point crying about it in my opinion.

If I ever OOM out at Manhattan I will disable this scenery when I fly the PMDG777.

Too bad but you only see Manhattan for a little while anyway if you fly an aircraft like this.

Rob Robson

I too have been getting CTDs (non OOM) I have opened a support  ticket and have sent the details to support)

Are you guys saying that you don't have any CTDs with 777?  (other than OOM which is really not a 777 issue)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You need to follow your Vas readings as mentioned. If your anywhere near 3800 then you need to save your flight, only takes a few seconds and then you can relax.

Even better is setting FSUIPC to autosave your flight every 15 mins or so, that's what I do nowadays as FSCaptain supports flight restoring and now I don't have to worry about the extreme rage that not being able to finish a flight due to CTD after hours of flying gave me before. 

Not sure if you need the paid version for that feature though but in any case it's great.

Regards

Joona L

Even better is setting FSUIPC to autosave your flight every 15 mins or so, (...)

Not sure if you need the paid version for that feature though but in any case it's great.

Regards

Joona L

Yep: Payware version only.

I too have been getting CTDs (non OOM) I have opened a support  ticket and have sent the details to support)

Are you guys saying that you don't have any CTDs with 777?  (other than OOM which is really not a 777 issue)

That is correct, no CTDs here.

Rob Robson

For me, the only way to have no ctd is not use PLN mode with the nav mode selected on the touch screen!

It seem there is problem with the PLN mode in this version (confirmed by dev team when i send a ticket for this problem).

Answer was it will be corrected in th next version.

For me, the only way to have no ctd is not use PLN mode with the nav mode selected on the touch screen!

It seem there is problem with the PLN mode in this version (confirmed by dev team when i send a ticket for this problem).

Ah yes, that one is a known bug. I dont use PLN so I do not have CTDs.

Rob Robson

So far, the only CTD for me was while flying a longer flight from Bermuda to EGLL.  On approach to EGLL, I just dropped to the desktop with an ntdll.dll error.  Never had this before with the NGX, so perhaps there is some issue that I can't identify that is already being worked on.   No OOM.  It's version 1.0, so I'm confident that through the next couple SPs, they will work it out to be as stable as the NGX is.

John

So far, the only CTD for me was while flying a longer flight from Bermuda to EGLL.  On approach to EGLL, I just dropped to the desktop with an ntdll.dll error.

Make sure you are running the latest FSUIPC DLL, and check all scenery for landclass, as they leak memory, causing the problem you report.

Best regards,

Robin.

What are you referring to?

Make sure you are running the latest FSUIPC DLL, and check all scenery for landclass, as they leak memory, causing the problem you report.

Best regards,

Robin.

How do I check scenery for landclass? The only scenery I have is ftx global and airpots along with gsx/aes airport services.