Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PingPong

The new Nvidia driver

Have you guys tried the new "Game Ready" Nvidia drivers.  I swear that after installing them I have a much better and more stable sim.  I also upgraded to the 10.25 Beta so it could be that too.

Either way I was flying around some high res photoscenry in the Carenado Caravan at dusk and for a while I was just transported away, simply amazing.

Give it a shot if you have an Nvidia card.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, I was flying the Carenado 340 at dusk in the Caribbean and it was quite convincing. I installed the game-ready drivers a couple of days ago. The game is usually very smooth so it's hard to tell if there was an improvement. The one thing I did notice, everything just seems to go faster. The sensation of speed appears more pronounced now.

Just installed it.

Certainly no problems found.

Interesting that it installs .net framework.

gb.

the new NVIDIA drivers improved all my games/sims, especially fsx and xplane10.  I highly recommend them...Bravo Nvidia!

I also upgraded to the 10.25 Beta so it could be that too.

Sorry, what is this one?

gb.

I don't use inspector at all, since I use HDR and the settings don't actually do anything for the AA(has to be set in-game).

After looking around the net, I read that the drivers change something with the time-out delay, which is huge for me since I was having serious problems with open GL and my video card.

I was so happy with them I actually bought another add-on (the aforementioned carenado caravan), and I am making some new photoscenery of Lake Tahoe.

I'll explain....it's Xplane :lol:

Oops...came here directly from the "recently discussed" list and did not even look at the forum heading.

My comments apply to FSX.

Guess I will just slink out of here.... :)

gb.

Oops...came here directly from the "recently discussed" list and did not even look at the forum heading.

My comments apply to FSX.

Guess I will just slink out of here.... :)

gb.

I'm affraid it's impossible now!  You've been too close to the XP virus ... Symptoms will start revealing anytime soon  :ph34r:

I updated and had to roll back. After the installer was done (even after a restart) it killed my NVIDIA Surround and said none of my monitors were compatible. I rolled back the driver and then my Surround worked again. Which sucks because for the people it does work for, seems like this new driver has great benefits.

To which driver version exactly is this thread referring, and where can it be found?

I can now keep all of my California photoscenery in the custom scenery directory.  I have 17LOD scenery of the whole state in 1x1 degree squares I made with G2XPL, before I have to break up the state and load only a few blocks at a time, now I can put it all in there and fly from one end of the state to the other.  The scenery takes up 250 GB.

Amazing!

Good results for me too. Enough of a gain to crank my world-detail distance setting to high.

I installed these tonight, and put my old inspector settings back in, but when flying around in sim there is a wave like effect to the scenery which I didn't have before. any thoughts on how to correct this without rolling back drivers?

Do you all use something like Driver Sweeper to clean off the old drivers, or do the later NV installers do that better than they used to?

Windows 8/64.

Thank, Bruce..

Got them soon as they came out, seems to work great, no need to remove the older drivers like was once suggested that I can tell, except tradition.........

I don't really understand...do we have to update the drivers within the NVIDIA-Software (Auto-update)? Or do we have to download it separately?

Because i updated it within the driver-software and have no gain at all on framerates...

Hmmm,

there are many theories about the correct way to apply Nvidia updates.

I have adhered to one:

0) If using Nvidia Inspector, make sure you backup your simulator settings for all of your simulators... Uninstalling the drivers in step 2) and installing the new ones in step 3) will reset the profiles to defaults!!!!

1) Download from their site the driver for your graphics board / OS version and uncompress the installer into some local folder;

2) Uninstall your current driver and other Nvidia satellite products - I only use the drivers in my system;

3) Delete the NVIDIA folders from the main Windows partition

4) Reboot

5) Install the new driver using "advanced poptions" and by ticking the "clean install" option. Choose the components you want to install - I only install the drivers, and no Experience or whatever satellite products...

6) Re Import the Nvidia Inspector settings for each of the sim profiles you have saved on setp 0)

I don't really understand...do we have to update the drivers within the NVIDIA-Software (Auto-update)? Or do we have to download it separately?

Because i updated it within the driver-software and have no gain at all on framerates...

I received a notification box from the corner task bar and just clicked it....it was all auto after that.