Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Any update on the DC-6? Its been almost 2 years.

Yawn!! After that long explanation so any information on 

Remarkable you think it is an explanation... It is not. It's just something for you to put in your pipe and smoke it. 

2) DC-6 which was what this original thread was on

Indeed. Until you thought you'd turn it around into the umpteenth thread about the 777. See. It's not hard to understand, it doesn't need an explanation. 

Was that aimed at me, or were you just quoting me to tag onto what I was saying?

Yes, it was merely your quote that i thought could do with an extension. ( see also 'you guys' )

Btw, nice pccie ! Took me a few seconds to realize if you ment virtually or real world... We've come a long way, haven't we..

cheers,

Jan

Jan

Yes, it was merely your quote that i thought could do with an extension. ( see also 'you guys' )

Thought so, but I wasn't fully sure.

Btw, nice pccie ! Took me a few seconds to realize if you ment virtually or real world... We've come a long way, haven't we..

Thanks!  Took it when we were down in ROA (oddly enough, where I fly the JS41 most often).

...and we really have!

Kyle Rodgers

If the DC-6 seems 'slow' just look at it as how long you sit in your computer chair per average flight.  Say you have time for a 4 hour trip.  Doesn't matter if it is a 737 or a 377.  You probably would plan your route for the which ever airplane for the given time available.  You are going to log 4hours of flight time no matter which plane you choose.   Guess it depends if how far you travel in that time is important to you. :wink:

If you fly a vintage warbird as realistically as you fly your airliner, a P-51 isn't that much faster than a DC-6...if you fly it at recommended cruise power settings.  Especially those cruise settings for a restored airplane with a 70 year old engine that you don't want to have fail in flight. B)

Cheers

TJ

As always, a ray of common sense and logic from TJ, amid a thread of hot air, chest beating and ego waving.

Well said TJ.

amid a thread of hot air, chest beating and ego waving.

haha...nice shot.  Clearly that's all I do around here.

Now, to go look for more threads to wave my ego around...

Kyle Rodgers

I have been into FS for a long time, probably longer than a lot or most who have posted here. I think some of you take it WAY too seriously.

David Porrett

Sorry we aren`t allowed to smoke that here in my home country. You guys are allowed to smoke just about anything in Holland right? So the B777 will be parked in the hangar until the patch to solve the PMDG B777 bugs and the B777-300ER are both out. 

Remarkable you think it is an explanation... It is not. It's just something for you to put in your pipe and smoke it. 

Indeed. Until you thought you'd turn it around into the umpteenth thread about the 777. See. It's not hard to understand, it doesn't need an explanation. 

cheers,

Jan

As always, a ray of common sense and logic from TJ, amid a thread of hot air, chest beating and ego waving.

Well said TJ.

I did not see chest beating and ego waiving in this thread.  I saw somebody try to blame the 777 solely for OOM's  and claim the 777 was a buggy release and he got the facts read to him. Kyle may not be diplomatic at times but I understand his frustration.   

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Kyle may not be diplomatic at times but I understand his frustration.   

Nice to see someone understood what I was getting at!

Kyle Rodgers

The fact that this has been embraced as "all about you" kind of demonstrates some of that ego, no? .......... actually I did not make the "egos and chest beating" comment with you in mind Kyle, it was a general observation of some of the "twos and fro's" going on in this thread.   But as you have embraced it as all being about you, don't let me get in your way... :P