Sign in to follow this  
Wolflikespie

Why are flight simmers so rude to each other?

its not just simmers the world is full of rude people

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

ALL forums have nasty people, especially when everyone is so passionate.

I used to moderate a train forum... yeah, some really nasty creatures there.  I don't visit it as much as I used to these days, but amazing some of the drivel that I read.  Apparently if you buy a safety vest, it gives you an "all access pass" and allows you to abuse security for entering an unrestricted area.

This forum is pretty great, and I don't think its as serious as some people make it out, then again some love drama!

ALL forums have nasty people, especially when everyone is so passionate.

I used to moderate a train forum... yeah, some really nasty creatures there.  I don't visit it as much as I used to these days, but amazing some of the drivel that I read.  Apparently if you buy a safety vest, it gives you an "all access pass" and allows you to abuse security for entering an unrestricted area.

This forum is pretty great, and I don't think its as serious as some people make it out, then again some love drama!

Or: the thread burst a swollen boil of repressed sentiment, that is now in the process of draining slowly.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's whatever one wants it to be.  If you just want a game, you've got it.  If you choose to use it as a simulator to further your knowledge and abilities as a pilot, then you've got that too.  I really don't see where it's that big of a deal.  Whichever way one chooses to look at it, I think that horse is pretty much glue by now, yes?

Cheers.  :smile:

There's an old saying about chess, that it's a sea in which a gnat may drink and an elephant may bathe. I've often thought that the same is true of flight simming; everyone can get in as deep as they're comfortable with and still have the same amount of fun. I prefer the deep end myself, but that's just a personal preference. If someone likes to start on the active runway with autorudder on and auto-mixture enabled and not bother with ATC, I'm not going to say he's doing it wrong. Most games have difficulty levels after all and you pick the one that gives you the most enjoyable experience. FSX's "difficulty levels"  are less obvious, and you can create even more yourself, but it's up to the person who bought the game to decide the best way to play it.

I will say it one more time folks, if you see someone who's behavior puts at risk the participation of others, push the REPORT button. Let us deal with the individual. We have a warning category called ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR and we will use it to shed light to the user who is abusive and driving others away. This applies to any forum, PMDG's, HiFi's, etc. All forums here at AVSIM. If you don't do that, you are not helping us to solve the problem; you are abetting it.

Hi Tom.

Quick question, do you get reports that come from someone using tapatalk?

Lee

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi Tom.

Quick question, do you get reports that come from someone using tapatalk?

Lee

I hope so and believe we do. Report this post and I will let you know.

Now, if I were Jim, I wouldn't know whether to be pleased with that synopsis of my character.

Jim will find it quite flattering

With the new version of tapatalk you have to go through the browser to do it anyway. So never mind. You used to be able to do it through the app but I guess not now.

Lee

I do think that we tend to be a bit prone to focus on the negatives, and to be a bit critically introspective as a community these days.

Yes there are problems concerning people getting on, and in how some people communicate, but on the whole, if you look around these forums I honestly think that 90% of the time, you'll see :-

• Like minded people talking about stuff they're passionate about.
  • People helping others, who are stuck on something, or have questions.
  • Good banter

Don't you think that the majority of posts and members are engaged in the above? ..... It's really just a small minority of posts where 'relationship issues' come into it.   And I guess that's to be expected where upright, carbon sentients are involved. :smile:

Pin this on your office wall Tom

Edited by Jeff H
Edit: Image deleted for size and content. Sorry guys but if I didn't delete, I guarantee someone else would have. Check out the rules on posting images for future reference. Cheers.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Actually, it should say "...when threads start heading in the wrong direction..."

..also he should really sit down while in the boat...for his own safety. What is this, Venice ?

Am I doing it right ?  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

What is this, Venice ?

Looks like a bombed out Village that has had heavy rain.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Looks like a bombed out Village that has had heavy rain.

Detroit then ?

Regards,

Brian Doney

Detroit then ?

LOL. Ford Motor plant :lol: